Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

this staff bielema is assembling looks tight

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostM2J, on 20 December 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Very true.

Plus he can play a similar type of style to Petrino's?  Why not hire him.   Bielema only needs to implement a bit more rushing in the attack and there you go.   It's not like  Chaney runs some type of gimmick offense.  And he can recruit and knows the conference?

Chaney runs an offense more akin to Brian Kelly at Cincinatti.
Posted Image all of you

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A spread style pro attack, as was Petrino's.   Which can work in the SEC, especially with a  head coach who likes to run, and is defensive oriented.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Any time I see the word tight...

Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ya i dont know how this coaching staff is going to pan out. im afraid to get excited about it because, well, we are arkansas. however, it seems to be effecting recruiting already. we have gotten some 2014 recruits to commit that i dont think we could have gotten before. im seeing tweets that i didnt think id ever see for arkansas before...

Wells Guthrie@WGuthrieESPN

If you were a 4-star OL over the last four years, you prayed to get an offer from #Wisconsin. That will soon be #Arkansas bc of Bielema.

http://www.wholehogs...ansas-20121221/

http://www.wholehogs...y-talks-chaney/

Hawgs Illustrated@HImagazine
El Dorado junior DT Bijhon Jackon (6-2, 320) has committed to Akansas. He's their second 2014 commit.

http://www.wholehogs...-visiting-hogs/

Sportster365

Sportster365
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's really hard to judge coordinators because you don't actually know how much of the game plan is them and how much of it is the head coach's. Though coach Bielema's offense places much emphasis on the ground game, I've seen it to be alot more balanced than folks have given him credit for. If Arkansas is able to build an offensive line like the one Vols have had over the past couple of years along with Bielema's ground and pound game, the Razorbacks running game should improve quite a bit. I also think it's vital for an OC to not only have the Xs and Os, but the ability to develop QBs. So far Chaney's resume with QBs ain't too shabby. First with Brees then Bray and this acutally matters alot. I've seen very talented QBs go into systems that absolutely kills them (Jevan Snead) and I've seen QBs who were thought to have little or no talent absolutely excel under the right leadership. Casey Dick is a perfect example, here's a QB who played his first 3 seasons at Arkansas barely throwing for over a 100yds a game. Then enters Bobby Petrino in mid April, by September this kid was having 300+ yd games and finished averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 220-250yds a game. Right now I'm more concerned with Arkansas defense. Defense has been Arkansas achilles heel for the past few years now. The capability of Ash and Partridge to take the Razorback defense to that next level. Finally and as always how well will this staff be able to recruit. Guys like Pittman (OL coach) and McDonald (WRs coach) are considered to be in the top 25 in recruiting and thats awesome. I think in Beilema's system he shouldn't have too difficult of a time recruiting talented RBs and as long as Chaney can continue to attract highley touted QBs, I think Arkansas' offense should be ok. Which brings us back to the defense, how well will this staff be able to put some of the nations top defensive players in Razorback uniforms.