Illinois gov. Pat Quinn on gun control. - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Illinois gov. Pat Quinn on gun control.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Yeah, I'd learn to love guns if I just bought a couple dozen

How much do you think it would cost to buy 7 automatic rifles? Just humor me with a answer.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 December 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

How much do you think it would cost to buy 7 automatic rifles? Just humor me with a answer.

Thanks for taking my hyperbole literally. Do you see any sensible limit to the firepower private citizens should own?
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Zartan, don't you think the vast majority of legal firearm owners are responsible?
As opposed to the crazies trying to go all vigilante on everyone?

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Thanks for taking my hyperbole literally. Do you see any sensible limit to the firepower private citizens should own?

Not so long as everything is purchased legally and maintained legally.

My issue with guns are the private sales. I would like all sales to be registered through the Government. You could have a form that you download or get from the post office and fill it out and call the ATF to get a confirmation number (kind of like a credit card payment through the phone.) You tell them who your selling the gun to and give them all the info just like what would happen if you bought through a gun store. Then if your cleared to sell the gun to that person you both get a copy of the form (like a receipt  and go about your business.Then if that gun is ever used in a crime they can trace it back to the last person it was assigned to.

Now back to your question. I would think common sense and personal responsibility is what is needed. IF you have a child showing signs of depression or instability you should lock them up in a combination safe (not a keyed safe).

The thing I want you to try to explain to me. And I promise to listen, Is why your fight is with the gun owners and sellers of this country who buy what they buy legally. Leave your personal opinions out of this. It does not matter what you think or how you feel about me owning 7 guns. Why should I legally not be allowed to. You must leave emotion out of law. Facts must be your case.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 20 December 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Zartan, don't you think the vast majority of legal firearm owners are responsible?
As opposed to the crazies trying to go all vigilante on everyone?

Couldn't tell ya. Seems to be no shortage of guns for both the responsible and the reprehensible
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Couldn't tell ya.

If you prefer to infringe on the rights of the vast, responsibile majority, in an attempt to keep the crazies from getting ahold of these things might as well just say it.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 20 December 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

If you prefer to infringe on the rights of the vast, responsibile majority, in an attempt to keep the crazies from getting ahold of these things might as well just say it.

Sure. I mean, what's a few dozen dead school children anyway?
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

See that kind of stuff just shows blatant ignorance.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

If this wasn't such a stereotypical response, I would be annnoyed.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

I think the limit should be no automatic firearms. There is no practical purpose for civilians to have such things, they are purely 100% designed to kill human beings.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 20 December 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I think the limit should be no automatic firearms. There is no practical purpose for civilians to have such things, they are purely 100% designed to kill human beings.

The market has pretty much taken care of that. No average joe could afford one.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Did that dude actually say he was in favor with Medicaid paying for abortion? Do you agree with this @zartan?

Is Chicago still in Illinois btw....what a dumbass
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm gonna ask this question in the tone of the OP:

Are you arguing tht your right to own firearms is worth a few dozen dead elementary school children?

no more than you believing a women's right to choose is worth the lives of 55 million murdered fetuses.  surely you see the hypocrisy in that.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
zartan, how in the world can you simultaneously support the murder of millions while referencing the rights of women and in the other hand say the murder of hundreds and thousands over multiple years is unacceptable and the rights of many law abiding people are stripped away.  answer that please sir.

either You are for protecting the "rights" of people or you are not.

either murder of the innocent is acceptable or it is not.

using a pro-choice line of thinking, the rights of americans should be protected regardless of the innocent life lost.  the rights of the individual supersede that the innocent life lost.  you should either change your stance on abortion or gun control...they cannot coexist without hypocrisy.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 20 December 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

zartan, how in the world can you simultaneously support the murder of millions while referencing the rights of women and in the other hand say the murder of hundreds and thousands over multiple years is unacceptable and the rights of many law abiding people are stripped away.  answer that please sir.

either You are for protecting the "rights" of people or you are not.

either murder of the innocent is acceptable or it is not.

using a pro-choice line of thinking, the rights of americans should be protected regardless of the innocent life lost.  the rights of the individual supersede that the innocent life lost.  you should either change your stance on abortion or gun control...they cannot coexist without hypocrisy.

Posted Image