Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Illinois gov. Pat Quinn on gun control.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 December 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Well it can't be the NRA

http://www.nraila.or...#38;st=&ps=

They don't give a shit what happens, as long as their cash flow is not impeded. It really is Christmas for gun peddlers everywhere

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm gonna ask this question in the tone of the OP:

Are you arguing tht your right to own firearms is worth a few dozen dead elementary school children?

YES  without a question.

Edited by AUskip07, 20 December 2012 - 12:02 PM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

They don't give a shit what happens, as long as their cash flow is not impeded. It really is Christmas for gun peddlers everywhere

Says who?? Cause that's not what the NRA is saying. But you know better I assume.

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 20 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

YES  without a question.

Okay. I'll trust you to keep your mouth shut on abortion or anything related to Jesus then

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 December 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Says who?? Cause that's not what the NRA is saying. But you know better I assume.

Talk is cheap. Let's see them spend their increased profits after this incident on outreach and I'll believe their bullshit

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Okay. I'll trust you to keep your mouth shut on abortion or anything related to Jesus then

I am pro choice and am willing to let anyone else believe anything they want to believe  your problem is you believe you can cure evil with laws.  

When there is individual liberty there will be evil. And when there is no individual liberty, there will still be evil - it simply wears a uniform and carries a title of authority.

There will always be human evil to contend with. And millions of Americans are distraught because they're currently wringing their hands in the realization that there simply is. no. complete. foolproof. answer.

So rather than wringing our hands in impotence that we simply cannot seem to find all the answers or create enough laws and regulations to extinguish all human evil, we should rather direct our efforts toward better and more effectively dealing with evil and protecting ourselves from it.

Individuals should be allowed and even encouraged to protect themselves. The threatened individual himself is always the first responder.

Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It really irritates me when people argue for the wrong reasons.   When you try to educate them they fight back  almost willing to accept that ignorance is the best way to argue their way into their Utopian based idea of what the world should be.

You can rationalize all Posted Imageing day with these people and they dont get it.

You can explain something to someone but you cant comprehend it for them

Edited by AUskip07, 20 December 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 20 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I am pro choice and am willing to let anyone else believe anything they want to believe  your problem is you believe you can cure evil with laws.  

When there is individual liberty there will be evil. And when there is no individual liberty, there will still be evil - it simply wears a uniform and carries a title of authority.

There will always be human evil to contend with. And millions of Americans are distraught because they're currently wringing their hands in the realization that there simply is. no. complete. foolproof. answer.

So rather than wringing our hands in impotence that we simply cannot seem to find all the answers or create enough laws and regulations to extinguish all human evil, we should rather direct our efforts toward better and more effectively dealing with evil and protecting ourselves from it.

Individuals should be allowed and even encouraged to protect themselves. The threatened individual himself is always the first responder.

Well, there's the issue. I never had a problem with a family wanting to keep a firearm in the home for protection. However, there are entirely too many fake-ass tough guys waiting for the next militia to join that probably don't need 7 automatic rifles.

But hey, who's counting

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Right! Why not roll back every gun registration law? They clearly have no effect on anything, ever!
first intelligent political statement youve ever made.
Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Well, there's the issue. I never had a problem with a family wanting to keep a firearm in the home for protection. However, there are entirely too many fake-ass tough guys waiting for the next militia to join that probably don't need 7 automatic rifles.

But hey, who's counting

As long as these fake ass tough guys handle their firearms legally you shouldnt give a damn.  They have every right to have as many and within legal terms  any type of gun they desire.  Its not up to You or me to decide that.

Edited by AUskip07, 20 December 2012 - 12:10 PM.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 20 December 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

first intelligent political statement youve ever made.

Oh look, someone put up the bat signal for retards to join this thread

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@ zartan   

Im sure you didnt read my recently started thread.   Franky i dont know why anyone who pushes for gun regulations would.  It tears your argument to shit and back.   But  here is just a paragraph that you might be interested in reading.

Moral agency is individual. You can’t outsource it to a government and you wouldn’t want to. The bundle of impulses, the codes of character, the concepts of right and wrong, take place at the level of the individual. Organizations do not sanctify this process. They do not lift it above its fallacies, nor do they even do a very good job of keeping sociopaths and murderers from rising high enough to give orders. Organizations are the biggest guns of all, and some men and women who make Lanza look like a man of modestly murderous ambitions have had their fingers on their triggers and still do.

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

But hey, who's counting

You show your ignorance about firearms, and then you complain about how we never listen to anything gun control people say.

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 December 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

You show your ignorance about firearms, and then you complain about how we never listen to anything gun control people say.

Yeah, I'd learn to love guns if I just bought a couple dozen

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 20 December 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Had a military friend of mine  tell me that i will never get someone who is scared of firearms to understand why gun control is such a bad thing.

Posted Image