Illinois gov. Pat Quinn on gun control. - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Illinois gov. Pat Quinn on gun control.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this asshole gets on pbs newshour and is talking about how illinois is a perfect subset of america and that the people of illinois "respect the lives of their babies" in reference to the school shooting.  he goes on to say that these defenseless children need to be protected from the evils of assault rifles and high capacity magazines.  he then referenced how children need to be protected and again said that the "babies" should be protected from someone stealing their lives prematurely.  he then goes on a diatribe about how there is respect for life and those just starting life.

guess what....mr. pat quinn is a pro-choice democrat.  an excerpt from his own website:

"Governor Quinn firmly believes that decision about a woman's body should be made by her and her doctor. He supports a woman's right to privacy and choice without restriction as embodied in Roe v. Wade.
In accordance with his beliefs that healthcare should not be predicated on income, Governor Quinn supports legislation restoring abortion coverage under the state Medicaid plan. In addition, he supports legislation to repeal Illinois' 1995 Parental Notice of Abortion Law.

THIS COUNTRY IS Posted ImageING SICKENING.   how is advocating a ban on weapons that POTENTIALLY can be turned on young "babies" any different than a procedure that will undoubtedly destroy a life?

and before anybody jumps in with " women have the right to do what they want with their bodies" i wholeheartedly agree, but unless women start spontaneously getting pregnant without engaging in sexual activity, many of you fail to see that women clearly are choosing to risk a pregnancy when they engage in consensual sex (which is the vast majority of abortions).  i do not support the right of women to make a second choice because they made a shitty first choice and got knocked-up.

are the lives of the 6 and 7 year-olds murdered in Connecticut better or more valuable than the 55 million lives lost after the Roe vs Wade decision?  that my friends is hypocrisy at its purest form.  this abortion supporting asshole is a prime example of what is wrong with america.  hes not an asshole because he is a pro-choicer....rather, hes an asshole because he is cool with killing some babies and not cool with killing others.  Either you are a preserver of life and innocence or you are NOT, either the murder of defenseless babies is acceptable or it is NOT, either you are for protecting the rights of women and citizens of the united states or you are NOT.

i dont want to turn this tragedy into an abortion issue, but its staggeringly hypocritical.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
sheeesh.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 19 December 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

this asshole gets on pbs newshour and is talking about how illinois is a perfect subset of america and that the people of illinois "respect the lives of their babies" in reference to the school shooting.  he goes on to say that these defenseless children need to be protected from the evils of assault rifles and high capacity magazines.  he then referenced how children need to be protected and again said that the "babies" should be protected from someone stealing their lives prematurely.  he then goes on a diatribe about how there is respect for life and those just starting life.

guess what....mr. pat quinn is a pro-choice democrat.  an excerpt from his own website:

"Governor Quinn firmly believes that decision about a woman's body should be made by her and her doctor. He supports a woman's right to privacy and choice without restriction as embodied in Roe v. Wade.
In accordance with his beliefs that healthcare should not be predicated on income, Governor Quinn supports legislation restoring abortion coverage under the state Medicaid plan. In addition, he supports legislation to repeal Illinois' 1995 Parental Notice of Abortion Law.

THIS COUNTRY IS Posted ImageING SICKENING.   how is advocating a ban on weapons that POTENTIALLY can be turned on young "babies" any different than a procedure that will undoubtedly destroy a life?

and before anybody jumps in with " women have the right to do what they want with their bodies" i wholeheartedly agree, but unless women start spontaneously getting pregnant without engaging in sexual activity, many of you fail to see that women clearly are choosing to risk a pregnancy when they engage in consensual sex (which is the vast majority of abortions).  i do not support the right of women to make a second choice because they made a shitty first choice and got knocked-up.

are the lives of the 6 and 7 year-olds murdered in Connecticut better or more valuable than the 55 million lives lost after the Roe vs Wade decision?  that my friends is hypocrisy at its purest form.  this abortion supporting asshole is a prime example of what is wrong with america.  hes not an asshole because he is a pro-choicer....rather, hes an asshole because he is cool with killing some babies and not cool with killing others.  Either you are a preserver of life and innocence or you are NOT, either the murder of defenseless babies is acceptable or it is NOT, either you are for protecting the rights of women and citizens of the united states or you are NOT.

i dont want to turn this tragedy into an abortion issue, but its staggeringly hypocritical.

Damn.  I agree.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As we all know Chicago is the pinnacle of low crime and gun safety.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm gonna ask this question in the tone of the OP:

Are you arguing tht your right to own firearms is worth a few dozen dead elementary school children?
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I'm gonna ask this question in the tone of the OP:

Are you arguing tht your right to own firearms is worth a few dozen dead elementary school children?

If guns were outright 100% illegal, would it be impossible for someone to obtain it and commit the same act? Guns would be harder to obtain right? I mean, it's hard to obtain illegal narcotics right?
Posted Image

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This guy is a Posted Imageing idiot. Ever hear of Chicago.. look at all their "gun laws" that seem to really be helping keep the murder rate low.

Again i say.. Posted Imageing idiot.

Posted ImagePosted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 20 December 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

If guns were outright 100% illegal, would it be impossible for someone to obtain it and commit the same act? Guns would be harder to obtain right? I mean, it's hard to obtain illegal narcotics right?

Right! Why not roll back every gun registration law? They clearly have no effect on anything, ever!

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Right! Why not roll back every gun registration law? They clearly have no effect on anything, ever!

They don't.  The incidences of mass shootings in the US have steadily gone up over the last 60 years, even though we've steadily passed more and more gun control laws.  As they say, correlation isn't causation but you don't even have correlation...

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I don't think the issue are the weapons being used, but a problem as society. Our society is violent and we don't give enough help or outreach to people with mental instability. This Lanza kid was nutso and his family practically ignored it.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 20 December 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

They don't.  The incidences of mass shootings in the US have steadily gone up over the last 60 years, even though we've steadily passed more and more gun control laws.  As they say, correlation isn't causation but you don't even have correlation...

Okay defense department dude
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 20 December 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

I don't think the issue are the weapons being used, but a problem as society. Our society is violent and we don't give enough help or outreach to people with mental instability. This Lanza kid was nutso and his family practically ignored it.

Some people in this country want to slash help and outreach until it disappears. Their answer to this problem is to arm everyone

Guess who I'm talking about
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 20 December 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Some people in this country want to slash help and outreach until it disappears. Their answer to this problem is to arm everyone

Guess who I'm talking about

Well it can't be the NRA

http://www.nraila.or...health"&st=&ps=

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Gun ownership i at a all time high in this country while violent crime in at a all time low. But of course those two statisitcs have nothing to do with each other do they?

Also why is it that cities with the most crime also correlate to have the strictest gun laws. Examples are Chicago / L.A. / D.C.

Edited by Hothotz, 20 December 2012 - 11:44 AM.