2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread - Page 30 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 30

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A list of possible guys that are not committed to Florida that you should keep your eye on come signing day

QB:
3* Marvin Zanders (Mizzou Commit)
3* Quinton Flowers (USF Commit)

RB:
4* Jeff Jones (Minnesota Commit)
4* Derrell Scott

WR:
4* JuCo WR Eric Luderdale
4* Myles Autry
4* Isaiah McKenzie
3* Charles Nelson

OL:
5* OT Damian Prince
3* OG Jordan Sims
4* JuCo OT Jordan Prestwood
4* OT/OG Derrick Kelley Jr

DL
3* DE Kevin Bronson

Edited by ShaunMac, 05 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
QB Grier
TE Goolsby
OL Sarvary (JuCo)
OL Kelleher
OL Harkless
DL Bryan
DB Dawson

All of these are it for UF's Early Enrolees it seems. I like getting the OL in especially Sarvary who probably physically ready to play in those jumbo sets, and it also means we might actually have a spring game this year.

I also like Grier coming in Early so we have a competent QB to learn the offense alongside Driskel, and Dawson who will probably get a good amount of PT in the Nickel with Poole probably moving outside.

Edited by ShaunMac, 05 January 2014 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Scout is reporting that 5* CB Jalen Tabor has flipped from Arizona to us and will enroll early.

gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 09 January 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Scout is reporting that 5* CB Jalen Tabor has flipped from Arizona to us and will enroll early.

Hugeeeeeeeeee. I bet the Roberson decision and his Haden family ties had a lot to do with it
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I knew when I watched that guy commit to Arizona at the Under Armor game that he was never going to go there

At least he didn't go to you know where
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

That kid is one big mystery, that's for sure.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 09 January 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

I knew when I watched that guy commit to Arizona at the Under Armor game that he was never going to go there

At least he didn't go to you know where

Dude always said he wanted to be a big fish in a little pond so I didnt think anything about his decision to go there I just personally thought it was going to be Maryland.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
But anyways this is :lanekiffin:ing huge. I think the Roberson decision and his grandfather working on him(he was the guy wearing the UF hat at his announcement) played a big role.

Jalen Tabor has had a whirlwind recruitment and it appears the end of that recruitment will finish with a bang as he switches his commitment up to the Florida Gators.
Following his high school teammate Jonathan Haden to Arizona was thing to do for Tabor just last week, but he let Scout.com know early Thursday morning that things changed

"I'm going to Florida now," Tabor told me in a text message."I swear I will be there Monday. Tabor was set to enroll early at Arizona and instead will start classes at the University of Florida when he arrives and be able to participate in spring practice.

With the losses of four cornerbacks including early NFL draft entrants Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson, the Gators had to have numbers and quality in the 2014 class. Tabor will get the chance to compete right away and his physical stature makes him a prime candidate to maybbe start opposite Vernon Hargreaves in the secondary.

We will have more as soon as we can get it from this prized recruit.

Edited by ShaunMac, 09 January 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@ufcoach_TROB: #NoFlyZone
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is big though, Tabor being an early enrolee and a great man cover/press cover player can come in and start Day 1 opposite of VH3.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Tabor get, and if he is an EE, that could help a lot with a good buddy of his, 5* OT Damian Prince also from the DC area (who is down to UF, Maryland and USCe) who will be taking an official visit in the next couple of weeks.

Florida - "Everything is still good with Florida," said Prince. "I'm still taking my official visit there but it will be on January 31 now. It's a good program there. They just hired Mike Summers from USC. He was my favorite offensive line coach in terms of the way he coaches and his personality. He recruited me very hard at USC but he knew it was going to be very hard for him to get me there. Now that he is at Florida it is much closer. Hiring him really helped Florida's chances with me."
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@ShaunMac, you ready to make that 2015 thread?

We got some commits!

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
John Clark NBC10 ‏@johnclarknbc10 3m
Source close to Penn State assistant Larry Johnson says its his intention to leave team after 18 years. He was one of top recruiters

5* DT Thomas Holley who is currently committed to Penn State has said that Johnson was his main recruited and that if O'Brien left it wouldnt affect his decision as much as it would if Johnson left. Well Johnson is reportedly gone and Holley has said that UF was his #2. Muschamp hasnt stopped recruiting since he committed so this could be BIG. Since Cook decommitted it's been nothing but slam dunks it seems like so 2014 could be a massive turnaround.

Also there seems to be some smoke in the water about a potential flip from Miami Athlete Brandon Powell who was the Broward County Offensive POY this past season. He has a 4.2 GPA and wants to enroll early and the deadline is tomorrow so we'd have to hear info soon if this story is true if he's going to Enroll early.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Powell will move onto campus tomorrow – he's deciding if it will be UF or UM still
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
From miami board:
Just got word, its pretty much a done deal....powell to FLORIDA... he leaves tomm. I hope like hell I'm wrong!!!!
Posted Image