2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread - Page 30 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 30

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
4* Athlete Myles Autry's Twitter -
-Man Just Working Hard With @willgrier_. He Really Got Me Considering University Of Florida Now! They Moved To My Top Now! #GatorNation
-I'll Love @willgrier_ To Be My Quarterback In College #GoGators

Autry has always been big on UF but the coaches were concered with his knee injury as a junior but they liked his senior film enough to reportedly offer him. Autry was on the East Squad at the Army All American Game working with Will Grier all week and I don't think it's a stretch to say he could end up being at Florida.

Also I don't know if many people remember him from the UA Game but Jeff Jones a 4* RB committed to Minnesota picked up an offer from UF a couple days before the UA game and is reportedly very interested. So much so that he's setting up an Official Visit to UF on the 24th. It's supposed to be in the 60's range weather wise, while it's going to be in the negatives in MN. Should help our case.

Dude outperformed every RB in that game and he is also a big possibility to be a Gator. Nothing forsure on either one of these kids but just a lookout. Also Autry is a teammate of 5* DE(Buck) Lorenzo Carter at Norcross in Georgia. While Carter was at the UA game in St.Pete, his family (including grandmama who is very important to Carter) was in Gainesville on a tour of the school. They all liked it a lot.

"Finally back with the fam! Sounds like they enjoyed their trip to Gainesville. Grandma liked it!" - Lorenzo Carter Twitter

And one last name to keep an eye out for is 4* WR Isaiah McKenzie who some see as a Notre Dame commit but he's flirting with other programs including Florida.

Edited by ShaunMac, 04 January 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
[Adoree Jackson Twitter] ‏@adoreeknows 19m
I Wanna Thank God & All The Schools Who Recruited Me But The Wait Is Over My Top 6 Schools:
Florida,LSU,Oklahoma,Tennessee,UCLA,USC

Adoree's last official visit was thought to be a fight between UF, FSU and Oregon. But now the latter 2 of those schools aren't in his mentioned top 6. Adoree hasn't kept it a secret that track will be a big factor in his decision and the top long jump programs include UF, LSU and FSU according to him.

UF's long jump coach was rumored to be in contention to be the Long Jump coach for the USA National team and if he got the job and left it would have really hurt UF. Luckily he's still at Florida and helping us out here.

With Roberson leaving for the NFL, Adoree can honestly come in and start day 1 opposite of VH3 or more realistically in the Nickel spot while Poole moves outside.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Autry quotes/info:

The 5-foot-9, 175-pound Autry is eyeing an official visit to Gainesville the weekend of Jan. 24, and is excited about checking Florida out after hanging out with Gators quarterback commit Will Grier all week in the Lone Star State.
“He really convinced me to go to Florida,” Autry said. “I’m looking forward to Florida and I’m talking to the coaches sometime this week.”

“I’m looking at Florida now because my teammate Lorenzo Carter is really considering Florida too,” Autry said,

“I always wanted to play with my brother since I was young,” Autry said. “Now he’s at Tech convincing me to go there so we can run Atlanta together, run the city and change the organization. So there is a lot of positives with them because it’s 15 minutes away, so that makes it easier on my mom so that’s a great situation too.”

Autry could visit Florida State the final weekend of January leading up to National Signing Day the first Wednesday in February.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Picked up a flip from 3* OT Kavaris Harkless. He was originally comitted to Louisville but with the news of Charlie Strong taking the Texas job, Florida swooped in. Harkless pretty much announced the flip by enrolling early and will be in classes this week.

-Just talked to Jax Trinity Christian asst. Gerard Ross. He says the #Gators almost got Kavaris Harkless to flip three weeks ago. (cont.)...
-Ross told me that Will Muschamp made a huge impression on him when he saw Harkless at one of the big games and made sure to know was wanted

Harkless attends Trinity Christian in Jacksonville, TC is also where Nick Washington attended, and is also the school where amazing 2015 prospects are.

5* CB Kevin Toliver II (LSU legacy and commit)
5* LB Jeffrey Holland (Alleged Gator Lean the Gators are his favorite as well as childhood team)
4* OG Kendrick Norton (Gators have offered and are in Heavy Pursuit)
3* S Deontai Williams (Gator Offer)
3* ILB Victor Alexander (Gator offer, UCLA Commit, In Pursuit)

2015 5* DE (Buck) and presumed Gator Lean Cece Jefferson is also rumored to be transferring in there as well. My guess is so Holland and Jefferson can work on flipping Tolliver.

News of this commit means that Angus is potentially on the way out. Angus hasn't heard much from the staff recently and his grades pose a big red flag on actually being elligible.

Still possibly in the mix for 5* OT Damian Prince, 3* OG Jordan Sims(God I Hope Not, dude is a couple of chicken nuggets from being 400 lbs), 4* JuCo OT Jordan Prestwood and 4* OT/OG Derrick Kelley Jr.

Edited by ShaunMac, 05 January 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@derektysonespn: Jeff Jones on 24th RT @hamiltonespn #ESPN300 RB & No. 108-overall Derrell Scott (Havelock, NC) will officially visit #Florida #Gators Jan 17

@derektysonespn: RT @hamiltonespn #ESPN300 RB & No. 108 Derrell Scott will decide between #Gators #Vols and #southcarolina . #florida last official
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A list of possible guys that are not committed to Florida that you should keep your eye on come signing day

QB:
3* Marvin Zanders (Mizzou Commit)
3* Quinton Flowers (USF Commit)

RB:
4* Jeff Jones (Minnesota Commit)
4* Derrell Scott

WR:
4* JuCo WR Eric Luderdale
4* Myles Autry
4* Isaiah McKenzie
3* Charles Nelson

OL:
5* OT Damian Prince
3* OG Jordan Sims
4* JuCo OT Jordan Prestwood
4* OT/OG Derrick Kelley Jr

DL
3* DE Kevin Bronson

Edited by ShaunMac, 05 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
QB Grier
TE Goolsby
OL Sarvary (JuCo)
OL Kelleher
OL Harkless
DL Bryan
DB Dawson

All of these are it for UF's Early Enrolees it seems. I like getting the OL in especially Sarvary who probably physically ready to play in those jumbo sets, and it also means we might actually have a spring game this year.

I also like Grier coming in Early so we have a competent QB to learn the offense alongside Driskel, and Dawson who will probably get a good amount of PT in the Nickel with Poole probably moving outside.

Edited by ShaunMac, 05 January 2014 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Scout is reporting that 5* CB Jalen Tabor has flipped from Arizona to us and will enroll early.

gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 09 January 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Scout is reporting that 5* CB Jalen Tabor has flipped from Arizona to us and will enroll early.

Hugeeeeeeeeee. I bet the Roberson decision and his Haden family ties had a lot to do with it
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I knew when I watched that guy commit to Arizona at the Under Armor game that he was never going to go there

At least he didn't go to you know where
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

That kid is one big mystery, that's for sure.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 09 January 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

I knew when I watched that guy commit to Arizona at the Under Armor game that he was never going to go there

At least he didn't go to you know where

Dude always said he wanted to be a big fish in a little pond so I didnt think anything about his decision to go there I just personally thought it was going to be Maryland.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
But anyways this is :lanekiffin:ing huge. I think the Roberson decision and his grandfather working on him(he was the guy wearing the UF hat at his announcement) played a big role.

Jalen Tabor has had a whirlwind recruitment and it appears the end of that recruitment will finish with a bang as he switches his commitment up to the Florida Gators.
Following his high school teammate Jonathan Haden to Arizona was thing to do for Tabor just last week, but he let Scout.com know early Thursday morning that things changed

"I'm going to Florida now," Tabor told me in a text message."I swear I will be there Monday. Tabor was set to enroll early at Arizona and instead will start classes at the University of Florida when he arrives and be able to participate in spring practice.

With the losses of four cornerbacks including early NFL draft entrants Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson, the Gators had to have numbers and quality in the 2014 class. Tabor will get the chance to compete right away and his physical stature makes him a prime candidate to maybbe start opposite Vernon Hargreaves in the secondary.

We will have more as soon as we can get it from this prized recruit.

Edited by ShaunMac, 09 January 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@ufcoach_TROB: #NoFlyZone
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is big though, Tabor being an early enrolee and a great man cover/press cover player can come in and start Day 1 opposite of VH3.
Posted Image