2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread - Page 29 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 29

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Shit. Dalvin Cook is going to F$U. ESPN screwed up, they didn't even show his announcement.

Edited by GATORSFAN21, 31 December 2013 - 06:26 PM.

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Dalvin Cook being interviewed on ESPNU right now and he vaguely explained his switches from Clemson to UF to F$U.....one of the hosts asked him about his close friend Ermon(?) Lane and Cook said he was going to work him hard to get him to flip to F$U too.  

Said going to florida state was "a business decision"....I'm sure it was. <_<

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWayzUp, on 31 December 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Dalvin Cook being interviewed on ESPNU right now and he vaguely explained his switches from Clemson to UF to F$U.....one of the hosts asked him about his close friend Ermon(?) Lane and Cook said he was going to work him hard to get him to flip to F$U too.  

Said going to florida state was "a business decision"....I'm sure it was. <_<

Didn't like the OC. Oh well. Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying. But if he so happens to take a cheap shot to the knee that ends his career, you won't see me shedding any tears  Posted Image
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
His exact quote was:

"I'm a University of Florida commit but I'm going to be spending the next three or four years at the University of Florida State."

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
that kid's a kook. i wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind again

kids these days put as much thought into picking a school as they do choosing a snapback hat at the mall
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Speedy Noil chose TAMU

Jamal Adams chose LSU

Gerald Willis was reported to be going to the same school as Noil but he's down to LSU and UF. I've been hearing that if Noil went TAMU then Willis will go to UF.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Willis chose UF. Momma pissed again.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mamma is pissed, but I'm glad she let him choose.
Not all parents let it go that way.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Willis is a 5* DE/DT, will probably be 2nd behind Bullard. Can play inside as a 3T as well. Huge grab especially considering he's from New Orleans.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Willis is an EE reportedly so I highly doubt he'll face any in state pressure to switch. that's big.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
4* Athlete Myles Autry's Twitter -
-Man Just Working Hard With @willgrier_. He Really Got Me Considering University Of Florida Now! They Moved To My Top Now! #GatorNation
-I'll Love @willgrier_ To Be My Quarterback In College #GoGators

Autry has always been big on UF but the coaches were concered with his knee injury as a junior but they liked his senior film enough to reportedly offer him. Autry was on the East Squad at the Army All American Game working with Will Grier all week and I don't think it's a stretch to say he could end up being at Florida.

Also I don't know if many people remember him from the UA Game but Jeff Jones a 4* RB committed to Minnesota picked up an offer from UF a couple days before the UA game and is reportedly very interested. So much so that he's setting up an Official Visit to UF on the 24th. It's supposed to be in the 60's range weather wise, while it's going to be in the negatives in MN. Should help our case.

Dude outperformed every RB in that game and he is also a big possibility to be a Gator. Nothing forsure on either one of these kids but just a lookout. Also Autry is a teammate of 5* DE(Buck) Lorenzo Carter at Norcross in Georgia. While Carter was at the UA game in St.Pete, his family (including grandmama who is very important to Carter) was in Gainesville on a tour of the school. They all liked it a lot.

"Finally back with the fam! Sounds like they enjoyed their trip to Gainesville. Grandma liked it!" - Lorenzo Carter Twitter

And one last name to keep an eye out for is 4* WR Isaiah McKenzie who some see as a Notre Dame commit but he's flirting with other programs including Florida.

Edited by ShaunMac, 04 January 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
[Adoree Jackson Twitter] ‏@adoreeknows 19m
I Wanna Thank God & All The Schools Who Recruited Me But The Wait Is Over My Top 6 Schools:
Florida,LSU,Oklahoma,Tennessee,UCLA,USC

Adoree's last official visit was thought to be a fight between UF, FSU and Oregon. But now the latter 2 of those schools aren't in his mentioned top 6. Adoree hasn't kept it a secret that track will be a big factor in his decision and the top long jump programs include UF, LSU and FSU according to him.

UF's long jump coach was rumored to be in contention to be the Long Jump coach for the USA National team and if he got the job and left it would have really hurt UF. Luckily he's still at Florida and helping us out here.

With Roberson leaving for the NFL, Adoree can honestly come in and start day 1 opposite of VH3 or more realistically in the Nickel spot while Poole moves outside.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Autry quotes/info:

The 5-foot-9, 175-pound Autry is eyeing an official visit to Gainesville the weekend of Jan. 24, and is excited about checking Florida out after hanging out with Gators quarterback commit Will Grier all week in the Lone Star State.
“He really convinced me to go to Florida,” Autry said. “I’m looking forward to Florida and I’m talking to the coaches sometime this week.”

“I’m looking at Florida now because my teammate Lorenzo Carter is really considering Florida too,” Autry said,

“I always wanted to play with my brother since I was young,” Autry said. “Now he’s at Tech convincing me to go there so we can run Atlanta together, run the city and change the organization. So there is a lot of positives with them because it’s 15 minutes away, so that makes it easier on my mom so that’s a great situation too.”

Autry could visit Florida State the final weekend of January leading up to National Signing Day the first Wednesday in February.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Picked up a flip from 3* OT Kavaris Harkless. He was originally comitted to Louisville but with the news of Charlie Strong taking the Texas job, Florida swooped in. Harkless pretty much announced the flip by enrolling early and will be in classes this week.

-Just talked to Jax Trinity Christian asst. Gerard Ross. He says the #Gators almost got Kavaris Harkless to flip three weeks ago. (cont.)...
-Ross told me that Will Muschamp made a huge impression on him when he saw Harkless at one of the big games and made sure to know was wanted

Harkless attends Trinity Christian in Jacksonville, TC is also where Nick Washington attended, and is also the school where amazing 2015 prospects are.

5* CB Kevin Toliver II (LSU legacy and commit)
5* LB Jeffrey Holland (Alleged Gator Lean the Gators are his favorite as well as childhood team)
4* OG Kendrick Norton (Gators have offered and are in Heavy Pursuit)
3* S Deontai Williams (Gator Offer)
3* ILB Victor Alexander (Gator offer, UCLA Commit, In Pursuit)

2015 5* DE (Buck) and presumed Gator Lean Cece Jefferson is also rumored to be transferring in there as well. My guess is so Holland and Jefferson can work on flipping Tolliver.

News of this commit means that Angus is potentially on the way out. Angus hasn't heard much from the staff recently and his grades pose a big red flag on actually being elligible.

Still possibly in the mix for 5* OT Damian Prince, 3* OG Jordan Sims(God I Hope Not, dude is a couple of chicken nuggets from being 400 lbs), 4* JuCo OT Jordan Prestwood and 4* OT/OG Derrick Kelley Jr.

Edited by ShaunMac, 05 January 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@derektysonespn: Jeff Jones on 24th RT @hamiltonespn #ESPN300 RB & No. 108-overall Derrell Scott (Havelock, NC) will officially visit #Florida #Gators Jan 17

@derektysonespn: RT @hamiltonespn #ESPN300 RB & No. 108 Derrell Scott will decide between #Gators #Vols and #southcarolina . #florida last official
Posted Image