2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread - Page 2 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2014 Florida Gators recruiting thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Been slacking lately.
Sorry guys.
About to update now.

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was thinking about starting a "2014 Arkansas Razorbacks recruiting thread" but then I realized I would never update it and would just be wasting server space...

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We have all 4*s except for the OL, which is just fine.
Will Grier has been shooting up the rankings and has been performing well at camps.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So, today I was reading this article about one of the top offensive lineman in the nation....

"
David Sharpe is one of the most heavily recruited players regardless of position from the Southeast. The 6'7 280-pound offensive tackle has early offers from power house programs such as Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Nebraska, Tennessee and Virginia Tech to name a few. This past weekend Sharpe had a chance to check out one of his early favorites in the Florida Gators.

"It was great. We started out listening to Will Muschamp in team meetings then I went to OL meetings then out to the practice. It was the best visit so far and I loved talking to Will Muschamp and Coach Davis. Will Muschamp was telling me how fired up he is about me and glad I am close. He wants me up there to be a Gator and he wants me on that team to help out the program. Probably talking to Will Muschamp was the best part and watching the practice. The offensive line during practice did great and those guys are big and really good. They have a great line and a great coach."

"My dad has been a Gator since day one so he really loved it and my coach was happy about it and excited."
Sharpe says he will more than likely be back for the Orange and Blue game in early April."

And I was getting pumped, dude sounds really good and he is from Jacksonville so that sounded even better. But as I was reading, the name sounded super familiar. I mean its possible I knew him, same town and all. But then I looked at the picture. He was a freshman when I was a junior and I had gym with him. He is possibly one of the dumbest people I have ever met. Really cool guy and all, but he isn't exactly going to be on any honor roll. And the fact that he transfered to a private school makes me think that they might be pulling some strings over there because he was inelligible at our school to play football for his first 2 years and was barely elligible to play basketball my senior year.

If we get him, i'd love it because he's really talented, but I'm kind of worrying about his academic standings.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If he's in private school, I'm not worried.
Glad Jax is finally building some elite prospects on the regular.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, Im glad we got some going to Florida now. Most people who come out of Jacksonville were either from Bolles or First Coast, and First Coast was pretty much an FSU pipeline which is why I was surprised we got McMillian to commit.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Gators have added a commit to 2014 Defensive Tackle Anthony Moten(6'4, 297 lbs). Moten, who announced his decision via Twitter, is a 4* recruit and replaces Travonte Valentine who decommitted in February. This gives the Gators 8 committs total,
4*'s Will Grier (QB), Ryeshene Bronson (WR), Duke Dawson (DB), Christian Miller(LB/DE) and Moten,
3*'s Travaris Dorsey (G), Joseph Paul (G/OT), and Benjamin Knox (OT)
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm very excited about Muschamp's style of recruiting.
It's much less stressful on NSD and it makes sense to lock up the OL early, regardless of star ratings.

Granted, I doubt we see a haul like some of Urban's classes ever again.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 03 April 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

I'm very excited about Muschamp's style of recruiting.
It's much less stressful on NSD and it makes sense to lock up the OL early, regardless of star ratings.

Granted, I doubt we see a haul like some of Urban's classes ever again.

I think he's less of a bring in as many 5*'s as you can, and rather a developer. Especially with secondary players seeing as how thats his specialty. I think he likes to have a ton of depth on the o and d line and build them up to how he likes to play rather than having the top player at every spot just come in and play immediately. I think he would rather have guys sit and wait a year or two and learn the offense.

I would love to have 5*'s all across the board, but I think I would rather have depth more than anything else. But Im liking the guys he's bringing in, they aren't the Spread option guys that Urban was using. Downhill, run oriented big boys. I hate the option.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm trying to work on a list of the recruits who will be at the Spring Game tomorrow, the only ones that I know for sure I'm going to list below, but Im going to try and update when I get a full list.

Will Grier - QB (UF Commit)
Ryeshene Bronson - WR (UF)
Duke Dawson - DB (UF)
Travaris Dorsey - G (UF)
Benjamin Knox - OT (UF)

David Sharpe - 5* OT (Undecided; UF listed as favorite)
  • [More Listed above] "...talking to Will Muschamp was the best part and watching the practice. The offensive line during practice did great and those guys are big and really good. They have a great line and a great coach. My dad has been a Gator since day one so he really loved it and my coach was happy about it and excited."
Lamont Gaillard - 5* DT (Undecided; Bama, UF, Georgia, NC State listed as top choices)
Sony Michel - 5* RB (Undecided; Georgia and ND listed at the top, UF Darkhorse)
Dalvin Cook - 5* RB (Clemson; UF Listed as a very close #2, and Muschamp is working the flip)
  • “I think they're going to have a great team this year and I like the direction that the program is headed,” Cook said. “I was impressed with what I saw at their practice and I'm ready to see more.”
Artavis Scott - 4* WR (Undecided; No leaders; 5'10", 175 lbs; Last season 64 receptions for 995 yds with 10 touchdowns)
J.C. Jackson - 4* ATH (FSU; Clemson and UF tied for 2nd, no other interest. 3rd UF visit for Jackson)
Jacob Pugh - 4* 3-4 OLB (Undecided; Bama and FSU Leaders)
Khairi Clark - 4* DT (Undecided; Miami leads; 17 career sacks in 2 years of organized football)

Moral Stephens - 3* WR/TE (Undecided; No Leaders; 6'4" 200 lbs; 620 Yards and 11 TD's last season)

Cortavious Givens - NR FB (Undecided; FSU Leader; 5'10" 220 lbs)
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Trevon Lee - 4* WR (Undecided; No Favorites; 6'1" 175 lbs; 35 catches, 704 yards, 11 TD's last season)

2015 Prospects

George Campbell - ATH (WR/S); 6'3" 184; FSU, UF and Michigan early favorites
CeCe Jefferson - DT; 6'2" 250 lbs; UF is the only team with interest
Jeffrey Holland - OLB; 6'2" 226 lbs; High school teammate of UF Signee Nick Washington
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Following the Spring Game, or Practice or whatever you'd like to call it, the Gators received a flip committment from 5* running back Dalvin Cook.

" The Miami Central star gave Will Muschamp his commitment after meeting up with him following the spring game.
"It was me and my family, we talked about what Florida offers," Cook said. "I just felt like it was the right time to do it. I just felt that everything about it, the game, everything was great." " -- 247 Sports

Cook, who originally committed to Clemson, is 5'11" 190 lbs and runs a 4.5 40 yard dash. Not exactly the fastest or the biggest, but he's productive and really talented (he's considered the 3rd best RB in the 2014 class). Last year he rushed 132 times for 1,451 yards and 22 touchdowns, and showed the ability to catch the ball out of the backfied catching 10 passes for an amazing 269 yards and 2 touchdowns.

"With a flip, many might wonder how solid Cook is to his new commitment. He isn't budging at all, saying he's not even planning on taking visits at this point. His recruitment shut down, Cook had just one parting message as the sun set over the Swamp. "I'm a Gator," he said. "That's it. I'm a Gator " -- 247 Sports

If Cook stays committed I don't see why the Gators wouldn't have one of the most talented backfields in the Country, let alone the SEC with Matt Jones, Kelvin Taylor and Cook.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And also, with the commit of Cook, Denzel Ware came out and said he was excited about it.

" The news of five-star running back Dalvin Cook's flip to Florida spread fast, and a defensive end committed to another SEC school said it "got me excited." " - 247 Sports

Denzel Ware is committed to Kentucky, but his recruitment remains open with Florida in strong shape if he decides to flip. Ware being excited doesn't necessarily mean that he is going to flip, afterall he could be excited about going up against the running back for the next few years, but who knows. Ware would be a great get more than likely as a Buck prospect.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This gives the Gators 9 commits total, and 2 this week.
5* Dalvin Cook (RB)
4*'s Will Grier (QB), Ryeshene Bronson (WR), Duke Dawson (DB), Christian Miller(LB/DE) and Anthony Moten(DT)
3*'s Travaris Dorsey (G), Joseph Paul (G/OT), and Benjamin Knox (OT)
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So pumped!
I really really hope Muschamp is successful here, and it's looking like he's doing all the right things so far!