Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Need advice on getting a new laptop..

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 19 December 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Still does not change the fact he aid he didnt want a mac.
The first sign of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah.Dreams, on 19 December 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

The first sign of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.

Hey I went through 3 Ipods in a span of 2 years. Got a Zune and have not had a issue yet. Apple products go in the crapper just as much. But to each his own!

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 19 December 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Hey I went through 3 Ipods in a span of 2 years. Got a Zune and have not had a issue yet. Apple products go in the crapper just as much. But to each his own!

I know what you are saying, I love hearing how long lasting apple products are...so long lasting people get a new iPhone every 6 months.  That said Im getting an iphone 5 and macbook pro this Christmas.

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite that was about $700 I think.  Apart from a minor audio issue it works great and I really take advantage of the HDMI slot.
Posted Image

AUcarlton

AUcarlton

positively grandiloquent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Newegg.com

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lenovo makes a really good laptop, also prob wouldn't go wrong with Sony Vaio. Look for a good processor (at least intel i5) and good on board video. 4GB of ram is usually enough, but 8 may be better. If you want to spend a lil extra, go for a SSD instead of a spinning hard drive. My macbook pro boots up in under 20 seconds (<3 SSD)

I've only switched to apple a couple of years back but I still like my desktop to be a PC because of the customize options it has. And for school, Macs are pretty boss, I don't ever have to worry about it crashing or anything.