The Official "Stoops Doing Work" Thread - Page 2 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

The Official "Stoops Doing Work" Thread

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 19 December 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Nothing wrong with aiming for 5 stars.. We're the leader for  5 Star WR LaQuon Treadwell, and he's from Illinois ..  Good shot at signing him just by relentlessly recruiting him

Bunch of people on rivals thinks he ends up at Oklahoma
Twitter: @country_cookin
Formerly known as vandyfan84

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I thought Ky only cared about basketball
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUKat, on 21 December 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

The Vandy fan thinkin it's tough to do well at UK?? It's even tougher at Vandy.....he forgets until the Joker era we'd been to 4 straight bowl games and quite a bit better football history than Vandy. A good coach and staff CAN win at UK if the admin will put the money behind him. We have pretty good facilities, a 70,000 seat stadium which until Joker we filled to over 102% capacity (8 straight yrs ranked top 25 attendance in the nation). So the can support is there and now we have what appears so far to be a very good coaching staff who 'get it' and the athletic administration finally getting it and appears ready to out the $$ behind the program.
The coordinators pay is in the top 5 in the SEC, Brown's $550,000 I believe is top 3 among OC's, the DC is making $500k. The school is fixing to put 150 million in facility upgrades, mostly to the stadium as we do have excellent indoor training facility with field. So this may be the birth of an all new UK Football program intent on winning, a definite change in the winds and fans are fired up right now, anxious for the season to start.....Football is being talked about as much as baskeyball right now......this is the most excited and fired up I've witnessed this fanbase in 30 yrs. There is hope and that's what has been missing, there is no reason UK can't have continued success, Brooks got it started, Joker about buried it, but Stoops is reviving it. Bout friggin time, UK football fans deserve it.

Dream on
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows

Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 23 December 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Lots of really great 3* kids. Some 3* that have really hit it big:

Johnny Football
Zac Stacy
Jordan Matthews
Casey Hayward(2nd round pick)
Marcus Mariota(Oregon QB)
Chris Marve(was a 2* and ended up all SEC LB)
Randall Cobb

Just trust the coaches ability to scout and then their ability to develop. I'd say over half of ever sec roster is composed of 3* players and lower.

You would be wrong.

RTR
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUKat, on 21 December 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

The Vandy fan thinkin it's tough to do well at UK?? It's even tougher at Vandy.....he forgets until the Joker era we'd been to 4 straight bowl games and quite a bit better football history than Vandy. A good coach and staff CAN win at UK if the admin will put the money behind him. We have pretty good facilities, a 70,000 seat stadium which until Joker we filled to over 102% capacity (8 straight yrs ranked top 25 attendance in the nation). So the can support is there and now we have what appears so far to be a very good coaching staff who 'get it' and the athletic administration finally getting it and appears ready to out the $$ behind the program.
The coordinators pay is in the top 5 in the SEC, Brown's $550,000 I believe is top 3 among OC's, the DC is making $500k. The school is fixing to put 150 million in facility upgrades, mostly to the stadium as we do have excellent indoor training facility with field. So this may be the birth of an all new UK Football program intent on winning, a definite change in the winds and fans are fired up right now, anxious for the season to start.....Football is being talked about as much as baskeyball right now......this is the most excited and fired up I've witnessed this fanbase in 30 yrs. There is hope and that's what has been missing, there is no reason UK can't have continued success, Brooks got it started, Joker about buried it, but Stoops is reviving it. Bout friggin time, UK football fans deserve it.
Well damn said.  This staff just gets it.  I think all of my fellow Wildcats on here will agree....this time it feels different.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hogan, until the past two years y'all been our beatches for bout 60 years.......nobody thought Vandy cared about ANY sport other than chess. Pretty bad until Franklin got there, there were more visiting fans at y'alls stadium than actual Vandy fans. Hey I'm glad y'all are finally taking football serious and having some success, but to think there are more Vandy football fans than UK football fans, then I want some of what your smokin.

How many bowls has Vandy been to in it's entire football history? I'll take the liverty of answering that for you...5 bowls, winning only two, y'all have also only posted 5 winning seasons. We played in as many bowl games in the 2000's as y'all in your history. We have at least won an SEC championship, and tied for the 1950 national championship.

So, I'd say if anything folks would wonder if y'all cared anything at all about football. We at least have made some sort of effort by at least having respectable facilities and regardless of how bad our teams have been (aside from this past season the fans were speaking with their money for a coach change), our fans have always packed Commonwealth Stadium, there aren't many fan bases that would support a program like UK fans have at a so-called basketball school. If UK fields a winning team year in year out, you'll see fans as nuts about football as baskeyball. Even though UK would be considered a joke, we'll never be considered as big a joke as Vandy has been through the years. When has Vandy ever been top 25 in attendance or had College Game Day at their campus?? I like you Hogan, but you and I both know both programs have been perenial SEC whippin posts along with Mississippi St, y'all have just been the lowest on that post for pretty much 70yrs.
http:////ukathletics...ootball2_sm.jpg

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

[img]http://http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2251/joesnewlogobr4.jpg[/img]

UKat

UKat

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 23 December 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Dream on
I like my odds of having a dream come true better y'all Vandy fans having yours come true, we will have a winning respectable program because the administration haa finally decided to put the resources behind it and they want it now as bad as the fans. Y'all just don't have enough of a fan base that truly cares either way. Fortunately yall's fan base cares more about being Doc's and world renown researchers which is quite admirable. Even having two of the best seasons in Vandy's SEC history, y'all still only averaged 37k fans in small 40k seat Vandy Stadium which is the best attendance y'all have had in years.

So, bottom line, I like my odds better as UK fans have now spoken and made it known to UK that losing to mediocre football is no longer acceptable or they will not spend their hard earned money to fill a 70k seat stadium, going to a few bowl games in a row gave the fan base a taste of success and wanting even more and better. Joker was a home state boy that was a bad experiment. I believe the train is back on the tracks now, it will take a couple of years to repair the damage from Joker's dumpster fire, but it will happen....no reaso. it can't.
http:////ukathletics...ootball2_sm.jpg

Repent, Turn from Sin and Trust in the Savior for your Salvation......this is the Way of the Master.Posted Image

[img]http://http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2251/joesnewlogobr4.jpg[/img]

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUKat, on 23 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Hogan, until the past two years y'all been our beatches for bout 60 years.......nobody thought Vandy cared about ANY sport other than chess. Pretty bad until Franklin got there, there were more visiting fans at y'alls stadium than actual Vandy fans. Hey I'm glad y'all are finally taking football serious and having some success, but to think there are more Vandy football fans than UK football fans, then I want some of what your smokin.

How many bowls has Vandy been to in it's entire football history? I'll take the liverty of answering that for you...5 bowls, winning only two, y'all have also only posted 5 winning seasons. We played in as many bowl games in the 2000's as y'all in your history. We have at least won an SEC championship, and tied for the 1950 national championship.

So, I'd say if anything folks would wonder if y'all cared anything at all about football. We at least have made some sort of effort by at least having respectable facilities and regardless of how bad our teams have been (aside from this past season the fans were speaking with their money for a coach change), our fans have always packed Commonwealth Stadium, there aren't many fan bases that would support a program like UK fans have at a so-called basketball school. If UK fields a winning team year in year out, you'll see fans as nuts about football as baskeyball. Even though UK would be considered a joke, we'll never be considered as big a joke as Vandy has been through the years. When has Vandy ever been top 25 in attendance or had College Game Day at their campus?? I like you Hogan, but you and I both know both programs have been perenial SEC whippin posts along with Mississippi St, y'all have just been the lowest on that post for pretty much 70yrs.

60 years huh?

Then explain how the series is only 41-40-4?

And CGD has been in Nashville a lot more recently than Lexington.

Edited by StallingsBaldSpot, 23 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 24 December 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Well the majority of Vandy's wins were pre WW2 era. I think they were still wearin leather helmets. The past 50 years its been very one sided.

You can't knock out a section of history to make history back up your argument.

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 24 December 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Its more convenient that way. ;)

Of course it is lol

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
While the records are close between VU and UK, Kentucky is clearly the better football program throughout history.  However Vandy has been significantly better the past couple of years and trending up.

I'm hoping Stoops will shrink the gap quickly.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

The Architect

The Architect

drawin' pitchers n' such

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cats now in on a 4 star dual threat QB, Asaintii Woulard. He's ranked the #4 dual threat QB in the 2013 class by rivals:

http://www.kysportsr...oulard-s-father

The kid sent tape to UK long before Joker was fired, and they never even gave him a sniff or bothered to let him know why they weren't interested. One would think with the injuries at QB the past two seasons that the staff would have understood the importance of having quality depth, but apparently not.

If you're interested enough to read the article, you'll want to scan the comments too....pretty damning stuff for the Joker regime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Word is Hatcher reopend his recruitment and is giving us a visit?  Any of ya'll heard this as well?
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

The Architect

The Architect

drawin' pitchers n' such

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 02 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Word is Hatcher reopend his recruitment and is giving us a visit?  Any of ya'll heard this as well?

If he has, it's on the down-low.  I've seen nothing official. Rivals shows him committed to USC still.

But, that thrilling 21-7 USC loss to GaTech in the Sun Bowl might have him thinking twice about going. Let's hope!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He is visiting UK on the 11th of Jan from what I've read on the Internet and we all know you can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true.

Gotta go...I gotta brunch date with a French model.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four