Coach James Franklin - Page 16 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 16

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Coach James Franklin

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
231 replies to this topic

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 09 January 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

First of all, before we crown Spurrier a genius (which he is on the field at times) on this matter:

1. Nkemdiche never seriously considered USCe. Everyone who followed his recruiting knows that. It was Bama, UGA, OM, and LSU (and I guess Clemson, but we all knew he wasn't going to end up there) for most of his time since junior year. So let's not act like Spurrier knows something everyone else doesn't know. Can't blame him for "backing off" as you say, cause he would just be wasting time really.

2. The Doctor just reminded you in his last post that plenty of people (players and coaches) have gone on record and said he's the hardest (or one of the hardest, to be reasonable) working guys on the field every time he puts on the pads.

3. I "guess" I can see where you're coming from about his ego, attitude, or whatever you're trying to get at, cause of his recruiting being so hyped, committing and decomitting from Clemson..... That's about it though. His recruitment has been so hyped up with family involved, talking to his recruit friends trying to swing them one way or the other, being the #1 recruit in the country, etc. But that doesn't mean the kid has an attitude problem. I have met the kid personally twice. He was on a visit to Ole Miss, he was being treated like a king from the fans around him as expected, but he even seemed like a nice guy when he just shook my hand and said "Nice to meet you man, I'm Robert, glad to be here, I'm enjoying it in Oxford"

So basically it's ill advised to say he has an attitude or ego "problem". That's just not true/not any overwhelming evidence to come to that conclusion. To say (at this point in time) he will crash and wreck our team and be a problem, is laughable. The guy hasn't even stepped on campus yet, so I can't say for a fact he'll be a humble superstar.. But since we're just speculating right now, it's unreasonable to claim this kid is a problem or a cancer. See what I mean? We'll just have to wait and see

And I'm not calling you butthurt or anything. Your logic is just a little skewed

hmm, so let me get this straight, you met him once, and that gives you more insight than recruiting experts who know the man, and his attitude, on a more personal basis?  maybe you should start working for rivals.com since you are apparently an expert.

View PostThe Doctor, on 09 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

What analysts exactly have aid this? The best coach in college football seems to have a great interest in him, but what the hell does he know?

those on rivals.com, and seeing as how you said "The best coach in college football seems to have a great interest in him", im at a loss considering that spurrier is the best coach in college football!  saban is good, but i could go to schools like lsu and alabama and produce a winning team, whereas spurrier has done it at duke and now carolina, plus he has a much better shot at breaking the mighty bear's record than saban!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

Mentofresh

Mentofresh

Alt-na-Shellach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 10 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

hmm, so let me get this straight, you met him once, and that gives you more insight than recruiting experts who know the man, and his attitude, on a more personal basis?  maybe you should start working for rivals.com since you are apparently an expert.

those on rivals.com, and seeing as how you said "The best coach in college football seems to have a great interest in him", im at a loss considering that spurrier is the best coach in college football!  saban is good, but i could go to schools like lsu and alabama and produce a winning team, whereas spurrier has done it at duke and now carolina, plus he has a much better shot at breaking the mighty bear's record than saban!

Posted Image

Posted Image

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMentofresh, on 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

lol!
Go Cocks!!!

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 10 January 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

You're one of those homers that never get upset about anything because you've convinced yourself you're right about everything lmao

nah, i never get upset because like many others on here its obvious who spews the most garbage...
Go Cocks!!!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 09 January 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

so, since you are such an expert, how long have you known the man personally?  i only assume this because you seem to go against what almost every reputable analyst and coach in the nation has thought on the subject.  there will always be those willing to take a chance, but with a red flag such as this, they are few and far in between.  like i said before, i put my trust in spurrier and company, and there must be a valid reason they backed off of him because we were recruiting him pretty hard at one time.
any links or quotes ?
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 10 January 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

Okay if you are going to call spurrier better than Nick Saban I know I can't have an intelligent conversation with you.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 10 January 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

any links or quotes ?

i read a lot of articles on rivals, so i dont have any direct links without seasrching for them...

View PostThe Doctor, on 10 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Okay if you are going to call spurrier better than Nick Saban I know I can't have an intelligent conversation with you.

i knew that from your first post...
Go Cocks!!!