Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2009 Auburn vs 2013 Auburn

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In 2008;
5-7 Overall
110th ranked offense
Top 25 talent

In 2009, we had a complete overhaul of the offense with both a new scheme and a new QB, yet improved to 14th nationally. The defensive transition from Tuberville to Chizik, however, saw an immense decline from 15th to 74th. Still, despite our abysmal showing on defense, we landed an 8 win season in year one solely because of our potent offense.

In 2012;
3-9 Overall
110th ranked offense
Top 5 talent

Our roster is full of talent across the board, and that trend will continue with another strong recruiting class on NSD in Feb of '13. Our defense was ranked 65th nationally last year.

What will 2013 Auburn look like!? We will be worse than 65th defensively? Our defense was on the field, what, 75% of the time last year? Maybe 80? I think CEJ will certainly make some adjustments and teach our boys how to fuggin' TACKLE. Offensively, where do you see us landing? I'd say around 30th considering it's a new system, etc... although it could be much, much higher since all of our players were recruited exclusively to run his system. It'll be more fun to watch, that's for sure.

Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I honestly think Auburn will improve a lot, I mean it would be tough to be worse than they were this year. I always hated Auburn, but I'm learning not to hate them so much now.

WDE

WDE

gone from suck to blow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2009 we had more experience in the offensive line and a HOSS RB (man I miss Ben Tate). We also had a QB, who despite having a dead arm knew the offense really well and didn't make dumb mistakes.

Going into 2013 we have several QBs who make dumb mistakes and 1 rb who never got the chance to be "the guy" in 2012 cause he would make 3-4 good runs and then they would pull him out for God knows whatever reason. The O line has a lot of growing to do.

I think the record could be pretty similar but I would not expect the drastic improvement we had from 08 to 09 on offense. I think it will be vastly improved over this season though.
Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nobody has any idea what our QBs are capable of. One thing's for certain; KF will be much improved. I fully expect Wallace/Johnson to be the starter, but Gus has been recruiting KF since he was in 3rd grade. There will be some stiff competition at QB. Whoever it is, they're going to throw for 2k+ imo. Tre Mason will greatly excel in this system. 1,200 yards for him.

Also, watch out for Bray/Trovon/Blakely. Sucks we're losing Lutz, because TE is always a vital position in Gus' system, but I'd also keep an eye on Pulse. He could have a breakout season.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUltraDario, on 13 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I honestly think Auburn will improve a lot, I mean it would be tough to be worse than they were this year. I always hated Auburn, but I'm learning not to hate them so much now.

Why?

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 13 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Why?

Pity.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 13 December 2012 - 02:52 PM, said:

Pity.

Even so, I find it enjoyable.

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 13 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Why?

Starting to hate Tennessee so much that there isn't enough hate to go around

AUfan34

AUfan34

War Eagle!

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Auburn will find a way to win 6-8 games next season. heres my prediction of all the games

Washington State W
Arkansas State W
Mississippi State W
@LSU L
Ole Miss L
Western Carolina W
@Texas A&M L
Florida Atlantic W
@Arkansas W
@Tennessee W
Georgia L
Alabama L      

7-5
Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all games Auburn can win or lose, these 3 games will decide if Auburn goes to a bowl game next season.
  12-1  (8-1)

2013 SEC ChampionsPosted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUfan34, on 19 December 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Auburn will find a way to win 6-8 games next season. heres my prediction of all the games

Washington State W
Arkansas State W
Mississippi State W
@LSU L
Ole Miss L
Western Carolina W
@Texas A&M L
Florida Atlantic W
@Arkansas W
@Tennessee W
Georgia L
Alabama L   

7-5
Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Tennessee are all games Auburn can win or lose, these 3 games will decide if Auburn goes to a bowl game next season.

View PostAUfan34, on 19 December 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Washington State W
Arkansas State W
Mississippi State W
@LSU L
Ole Miss L
Western Carolina W
@Texas A&M L
Florida Atlantic W
@Arkansas W
@Tennessee W
Georgia L
Alabama L   

7-5

LSU, Ole Miss, and Georgia are all games Auburn can win or lose, those 3 games might decide if Auburn goes to a good bowl game next season.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
AU is right, krieg pushed it over the line when he said Lsu. That whole defense is coming back and only gonna be better.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 20 December 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

LSU, Ole Miss, and Georgia are all games Auburn can win or lose, those 3 games might decide if Auburn goes to a good bowl game next season.

Posted Image

Georgia is poised to have one of the best offenses in the country next year.  Laughable statement.

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 20 December 2012 - 08:24 AM.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 20 December 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

Georgia is poised to have one of the best offenses in the country next year.  Laughable statement.

With what QB?

I see it being possible that Auburn bounced back winning 8 games, a good offense goes a long ways. The defense can't get much worse honestly.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCaligula, on 13 December 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Starting to hate Tennessee so much that there isn't enough hate to go around

You still aren't particularly important to us :)

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 20 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

With what QB?

I see it being possible that Auburn bounced back winning 8 games, a good offense goes a long ways. The defense can't get much worse honestly.
Aaron Murray or Hutson Mason. Either one is capable to lead UGA. With a more expierenced O-Line. Gurshall, and 2 WR's back from ACL injuries, the UGA offense will be much improved from last year.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image