Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Man of Steel

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 30 July 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

I've never enjoyed any media with Superman outside of his animated series and the Justice League animated series, and that's because they powered him down pretty heavily.

It's just the fact that you know nothing is going to kill the guy. He's unstoppable. The kryptonite bullshit gets old. At least with people like Batman, there is the risk of him being beaten.

I'll probably still check out Man of Steel when it's released on blu ray/dvd, but my expectations are extremely low.

That was always my think too. Reading Superman comics was like reading the Bible and hoping that this God dude would come out on top. That's why the only interesting Superman comic I ever read was the "Death of Superman" series with Doomsday in it.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They need to do a Green Arrow flick - the billionaire that loses his fortune and protects the city with his bow and arrow would make a good movie

Other than his being a bed wetting,pinko lib, Green Arrow was always one of my favorites
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 29 July 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

so i just heard about the man of steel sequel with it being "superman vs batman"...am i the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea??

No one knows what it's going to be based on yet, and the "Superman vs. Batman" title is only a rumor at this point. All we know is that it's a Man of Steel sequel, that will have Batman in it.

The World's Finest is a comic arc with Batman and Superman teaming up, much like Justice League but only with those two. That could be the basis of the next movie, although it probably won't be. My guess is that Superman will have some reason to go to Gotham (Lex Luthor rebuilds Metropolis and blames Superman for it's destruction, starts a PR campaign to publicly shame Superman, Superman takes time to work elsewhere). While in Gotham, he meets a very green/amateurish Batman, who figures out that Superman is Clark Kent. They start working together, and team up to fight Brainiac, who Lex Luthor has been working with and who is trying to destroy the world. Batman would be the brains and Superman would be the brawn.

But that could be totally wrong, it could be more like the scene from The Dark Knight Rises, although I highly doubt it. That was based on a much older Batman, and why WB/DC would reboot Batman to be in his 60s/70s is beyond me. And to defeat Superman, he needed not only Robin, but also an out-for-vengeance Green Arrow, who lost his arm because of Supes. That's a lot of backstory to introduce into an origin story for Batman, and a lot of characters. Granted, they could change the story up, but I don't see why. People don't want to see heroes fighting each other, they want to see heroes fighting together. They could have some minor squabbles, like The Avengers had, but anything more would be a bad idea.

View Postdcbl, on 30 July 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

They need to do a Green Arrow flick - the billionaire that loses his fortune and protects the city with his bow and arrow would make a good movie

Other than his being a bed wetting,pinko lib, Green Arrow was always one of my favorites

They won't do a Green Arrow movie for a long time. But, Arrow on CW is actually surprisingly entertaining. The first half of the season isn't as good as the second half, where they definitely get the formula worked out. Season 2 starts airing in October I believe.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Man of Steel was just meh to me. I would much rather just have another Batman with Robin. The Batman movies were much better than Man of Steel.

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
so if you didnt think the superman vs batman movie was a bad idea originally, they just cast ben affleck as the new batman...haha laughable...

http://www.comingsoo...s.php?id=108119

Edited by carwwest, 22 August 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image

GTHOM

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 22 August 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

so if you didnt think the superman vs batman movie was a bad idea originally, they just cast ben affleck as the new batman...haha laughable...

http://www.comingsoo...s.php?id=108119

Meh....On the bright side, at least it wasn't Ryan Gosling