Ole Miss' Recruiting - Page 4 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
33234314
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread


Latest Topics


Latest News


Top High Fived

Top Bettors


Ole Miss' Recruiting

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#46
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,318
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,341

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 11 December 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

You're completely right.  I'm sure that the Ole Miss enviornment is the reason that I said you wear board shorts and tanks.  Ole Miss taught me to think like that......

No, any fan anywhere would say the exact same thing.

You mean you meant jorts and a wife beater?

#47
Gone Grovin

Gone Grovin

    deuce 4 heisman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    470
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    106
Trying to single out Ole Miss for paying players is an absolute riot. Every team in the SEC to some extent has or is paying players to come to their school. Jermaine Whitehead on committing to Auburn, "it was a business decision." <<< Yeah they offered him more money, so be it.

State TRIED to buy Cam Newton, but I guess cattle farming isn't as successful as what some of the Auburn alumni had been up to lately.

Hugh Freeze is a flat out great recruiter. After all, he learned from one of the best in the business last time he was at Ole Miss, Ed Orgeron. There is no denying that Orgeron could convince a blind person to buy a coloring book, he's one of the best salesman in the business.

As far as the positions we have recruited, I do agree we need more defensive depth but aimed more at the LB position that anything else. Our LB's are fairly small, we need some big, fast, hard hitting mofos back there but I think we will take care of that in the near future. Our fairly undersized defense finished out the season pretty strong, and at that, a lot stronger than any of you non OM ( or even OM) fans could have imagined. Most of us fans, and non fans, predicted OM at 3-4 wins this year, and we are going to a bowl (albeit one of the worst, but a bowl nonetheless).

As far as The Grove goes, it's all up to interpretation. Some people love it, some people like it, but I don't know of anyone who absolutely hates it. I've been to many other college tailgates, and I can say I personally love The Grove more than any of them (hmm I wonder why?) but I have also met fans of other schools who come and say The Grove is the most amazing tailgate they have ever seen (ask Texas fans, for instance). But like I said, all in the eye of the beholder, so you can't fault someone for not having as good as a time as I am having in there.
Posted Image

#48
Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,654
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    934

View PostJoeGator, on 11 December 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

You mean you meant jorts and a wife beater?

Not sure what you're talking about here.

Regardless, I don't know what Ole Miss fans do that pisses off every other fan base.  We usually keep to ourselves.  Not sure why a Florida Gator fan of all people is upset with Ole Miss.  You literally have nothing to be jealous of.

You have Multiple national titles, a better program, better school system.  Just let us have one decent year.  Come'on Joe.

#49
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,318
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,341

View PostGone Grovin, on 11 December 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

As far as The Grove goes, it's all up to interpretation. Some people love it, some people like it, but I don't know of anyone who absolutely hates it. I've been to many other college tailgates, and I can say I personally love The Grove more than any of them (hmm I wonder why?) but I have also met fans of other schools who come and say The Grove is the most amazing tailgate they have ever seen (ask Texas fans, for instance). But like I said, all in the eye of the beholder, so you can't fault someone for not having as good as a time as I am having in there.

Just for clarification, I don't hate The Grove at all.

Also, Texas has a shitty tailgating situation.

#50
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,318
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,341

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 11 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Not sure what you're talking about here.

Regardless, I don't know what Ole Miss fans do that pisses off every other fan base.  We usually keep to ourselves.  Not sure why a Florida Gator fan of all people is upset with Ole Miss.  You literally have nothing to be jealous of.

You have Multiple national titles, a better program, better school system.  Just let us have one decent year.  Come'on Joe.

Wait, have you been reading anything I've said? Haha, I'm not jealous and I'm not degrading Ole Miss.
I explained why people have an indifferent attitude towards Ole Miss fans.
I don't have a problem with the school.

#51
Gone Grovin

Gone Grovin

    deuce 4 heisman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    470
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    106

View PostJoeGator, on 11 December 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Just for clarification, I don't hate The Grove at all.

Also, Texas has a shitty tailgating situation.

I know you don't hate The Grove, was justing an extreme as to make a point.

Yeah they kind of do, but they are also a huge traveling fan base, so they have seen many tailgates. Yeah maybe not as many SEC tailgates as we all have, but they have such a wide and diverse fan base among difference regions in Texas as well as out of staters that they have seen a broad range of different tailgating scenarios, so for them to come and literally every one of them I talk to be amazed by The Grove is something to be proud of in my book.
Posted Image

#52
Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,654
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    934

View PostJoeGator, on 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Wait, have you been reading anything I've said? Haha, I'm not jealous and I'm not degrading Ole Miss.
I explained why people have an indifferent attitude towards Ole Miss fans.
I don't have a problem with the school.

View PostJoeGator, on 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Wait, have you been reading anything I've said? Haha, I'm not jealous and I'm not degrading Ole Miss.
I explained why people have an indifferent attitude towards Ole Miss fans.
I don't have a problem with the school.

No, I'm kinda just quoting your posts and rambling about Ole Miss.

Sorry that I chose you to victimize.

#53
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,318
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,341

View PostGone Grovin, on 11 December 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

I know you don't hate The Grove, was justing an extreme as to make a point.

Yeah they kind of do, but they are also a huge traveling fan base, so they have seen many tailgates. Yeah maybe not as many SEC tailgates as we all have, but they have such a wide and diverse fan base among difference regions in Texas as well as out of staters that they have seen a broad range of different tailgating scenarios, so for them to come and literally every one of them I talk to be amazed by The Grove is something to be proud of in my book.

Well of course it is.
Florida is more like Texas than any SEC school probably.
We are most similar to Georgia I guess.

I have friends in grad school at Ole Miss that love everything about it.

#54
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,318
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,341

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 11 December 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

No, I'm kinda just quoting your posts and rambling about Ole Miss.

Sorry that I chose you to victimize.

No big deal.

I'm the only one who ever said anything NOT spectacular about it so I catch the heat.

#55
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,318
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,341
OK, I'm done with this thread.
Haha too much time from work.

#56
Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,654
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    934

View PostJoeGator, on 11 December 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

No big deal.

I'm the only one who ever said anything NOT spectacular about it so I catch the heat.

To be honest,  the first time I went to the Grove I was asking myself why people love this place so much.  Then when I became part of a group, started setting up a tent, got to know the tents around me every weekend, got to watch the girls on the Walk of Champions, etc. etc. I knew why the hype was there.

#57
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,089
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,708

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 11 December 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Understandable . But I and plenty of my friends don't think we're better than anyone else cause I like to throw on a collared shirt before I go out on the weekends or anything.

Plenty of kids who do have that attitude though, no doubt. The jorts and wife beater was obviously a joke towards the stereotype.

You are probably ok, but he's right. I know way too many OM fans just like what he is describing, just like I am sure you know State who look like they stepped out of a jeff foxworthy joke.  What really gets people in MIssissippi about OM is this whole deal:

Dude gows up in a doublewide trailer half a mile down the gravel from you, has all the same stuff you do. Yeah, he ate great value cheese as a kid, too.  His dad drinks cheap beer just like yours does. He drives a beat up pick up truck. Graduates Highschool, goes to OM, instant aristocrate, better than you do, whole-nine-yards. Seen it all to often. My daughter's teacher asked me once if I was going to teach her how to drive a chicken truck because I was a State fan and her teacher is an om fan. Live with that for your entire life. You'd hate OM too.


ETA  I hate this keyboard. I look like an illiterate State grad with all of the misspellings, lol/

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 11 December 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#58
GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

    A Proud Swayze Crazy

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    18,860
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,542

View Post1dawgfan09, on 11 December 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

You are probably ok, but he's right. I know way too many OM fans just like what he is describing, just like I am sure you know State who look like they stepped out of a jeff foxworthy joke.  What really gets people in MIssissippi about OM is this whole deal:

Dude gows up in a doublewide trailer half a mile down the gravel from you, has all the same stuff you do. Yeah, he ate great value cheese as a kid, too.  His dad drinks cheap beer just like yours does. He drives a beat up pick up truck. Graduates Highschool, goes to OM, instant aristocrate, better than you do, whole-nine-yards. Seen it all to often. My daughter's teacher asked me once if I was going to teach her how to drive a chicken truck because I was a State fan and her teacher is an om fan. Live with that for your entire life. You'd hate OM too.


ETA  I hate this keyboard. I look like an illiterate State grad with all of the misspellings, lol/

I graduated with multiple degrees from Ole Miss and work for a chicken company.  Go figure lol

#59
StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

    conquer and prevail

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,943
  • Joined:
    Mar 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,698
Think ya'll are overvaluing the whole "friends want to play together" idea.

Sure, they all say that and they probably mean it. Doesn't mean it always happens.
Twitter: @country_cookin

#60
Gone Grovin

Gone Grovin

    deuce 4 heisman

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    470
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    106

View PostGoldenRebel, on 11 December 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

I graduated with multiple degrees from Ole Miss and work for a chicken company.  Go figure lol

Sanderson Farms I'm guessing? I used to get recruiting emails from them all the damn time haha
Posted Image