Marcus Lattimore to go pro - Page 2 - South Carolina Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Marcus Lattimore to go pro

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It'll be interesting to see where he goes, probably a late round pick but I could see a coach taking a risk and drafting him like in the 4th round pick.
Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good luck to him, hopefully he'll be able to battle back yet again and avoid future injuries.  Kid was/is a beast.  Hope he has a great career!

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wish him nothing but the best....he deserves good things to happen to him.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

TennesseeJed

TennesseeJed

SEC Nativist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm no NFL scout but I would be surprised if he is taken in the later rounds. He is a Heisman type of player and if it weren't for the injuries he probably would have made a trip to NYC. He runs like Peterson who has been injury prone. 31 other NFL teams would love to have Peterson now and for however long he has been in the NFL. Willis McGahee suffered that awful injury that was worse than Lattimores and he got picked 23rd overall. Sat out all of his rookie year but when on to rush for 1000+ yards in 3 of his first 4 years after getting back on the field. He rushed for nearly 1200 last year and might get 1000 again this year. Lattimore is very young and still has many great years ahead of him. I think its a good move by Lattimore to get the money while he can because he will be a 1st or 2nd pick for some NFL team.

Posted Image

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is definately the move that I expected him to make. Makes the most sence to get the money and play professional as long as you can. Some team will take a chance on him, I think he will be a 1st rounder, he is a can't miss. Good luck Marcus.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good deal. Hope he comes back stronger than ever.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He made the best decision. Because it was his decision.

Thanks for what you have done, looking forward to what you can still yet do Marcus.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope the Falcons get him

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lattimore is at Senior Bowl practice today (obviously not participating).   He talked to some reporters though and says Dr. James Andrews calls his progress "nothing short of a miracle."   He's walking without a limp and says his realistic goal has been moved up to being ready to play Week 1 next season.

(I got this from SI writer Andy Staples' twitter feed)

Edited by OmahaBound, 22 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

Na-Nu Na-Nu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 22 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Lattimore is at Senior Bowl practice today (obviously not participating).   He talked to some reporters though and says Dr. James Andrews calls his progress "nothing short of a miracle."   He's walking without a limp and says his realistic goal has been moved up to being ready to play Week 1 next season.

(I got this from SI writer Andy Staples' twitter feed)

If he can that will definately help his draft statis.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image