Nick Saban, Is He The New Bear Bryant? - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Nick Saban, Is He The New Bear Bryant?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yes yes, I've got to ask.  After watching Brian Kelly talk about Nick Saban's model of coaching football at Alabama, I got to thinking about Saban's place in the college football ranks.  Now, Bear Bryant's exploits were before my time, but I've heard countless stories about how he was, in a sense, the godfather of coaching college football.  All of the other coaches looked up to what he accomplished in his career as "how to do it".  Saban appears to have reached that same level among other coaches and programs across America.

Do you think Nick Saban has truly duplicated what the rest of the country sees as the model for building a successful college football program?

Edited by Crimson Kicker8, 10 December 2012 - 03:17 AM.

Posted Image

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Saban needs to first be responsible for about half the "you are not allowed to do this, cheater..." rules in the NCAA rule book.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've had discussion with friends about this and until he wins a few more NC he ain't the bear yet. I do believe he's doing it in a much harder era with many rules to deal with the bear didn't one being recruiting. The bear took players other teams wanted to set them on the bench and keep you from getting them. Every team has players today...

Here's what I do like he's doing it the same way no surprise hit you in the mouth... Can you stop it football and hella defense like Bama has been known for forever.

For years teams wanted one of bears boys Dye, Stallings, etc.. kinda the same way many they are doing Saban boys now which is pretty cool and really doubt out of who the best is right now.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I suppose you have a few examples of irresponsiblity....

View PostFlyingEagle, on 10 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Saban needs to first be responsible for about half the "you are not allowed to do this, cheater..." rules in the NCAA rule book.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well dern Colin Cowturd is all over his show The Turd saying Saban is going to the NFL after Bama beats Notre Dame. Also said the reason the NFL drafts from the SEC so much is because of the relationship coaches have.

Dumbest yankee shat I've heard in awhile.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 10 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Saban needs to first be responsible for about half the "you are not allowed to do this, person who reads the rules carefully and determines exactly where the limits are, as opposed to those who simply ignore the rules altogether..." rules in the NCAA rule book.
fixed it.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Saban is a driven man, intent on excellence. It would behoove anyone who loves winning to at least give some passing interest to his philosophies. As for Coach Bryant... the future will tell whether Saban can match his accomplishments or pass them. What we know now is that Saban is a success and we are very fortunate to have him at the helm of our much loved Crimson Tide.
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 10 December 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Well dern Colin Cowturd is all over his show The Turd saying Saban is going to the NFL after Bama beats Notre Dame. Also said the reason the NFL drafts from the SEC so much is because of the relationship coaches have.

Dumbest yankee shat I've heard in awhile.

That is truly shocking..... that the Brown's owner (UTK Board of Trustee) wants to kill two birds with one stone.  

But what would be more shocking is Saban being played.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah.Dreams, on 10 December 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

I suppose you have a few examples of irresponsiblity....
OOOH OOOHHHH....I KNOW THE ANSWER...PICK ME !!!!!!
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas