Harbison Joins Malzahn's Staff - Auburn News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Harbison Joins Malzahn's Staff

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Spunk

Spunk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Co-defensive coordinator Charlie Harbison is the latest hire to Coach Gus Malzahn's football staff

Click here for the original story.

FlyingEagle

FlyingEagle

HornyEagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
First hire I seriously question.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm sure it's Johnson that wanted to bring him in. They both coached together at State. Although if I remember correctly, Harbison was a WRs coach initially.

GvilleDave

GvilleDave
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Interesting listening to the local sports talk here in SC discuss this.  The station is basically Clemson radio and I expected them to take the "he wasn't any good, let them have him route".  Instead they were basically saying that Clemson's DBs are just bad, that Harbison sure didn't teach them to not look back for the ball or to let the receiver get past, to be out of position and miss assignments, etc..  Basically they were saying that there was no way that Harbison was coaching the players to do the terrible things they did...

I think given his overall coaching resume and his excellent recruiting I will defer to Ellis Johnson's judgement on this hire...
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men." from Cool Hand Luke

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGvilleDave, on 10 December 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Interesting listening to the local sports talk here in SC discuss this.  The station is basically Clemson radio and I expected them to take the "he wasn't any good, let them have him route".  Instead they were basically saying that Clemson's DBs are just bad, that Harbison sure didn't teach them to not look back for the ball or to let the receiver get past, to be out of position and miss assignments, etc..  Basically they were saying that there was no way that Harbison was coaching the players to do the terrible things they did...

I think given his overall coaching resume and his excellent recruiting I will defer to Ellis Johnson's judgement on this hire...

Everyone underachieves at clemson....I wouldn't put much stock into that. Don't know much about him, but if he worked with Johnson before I'm guessing it will probably work out pretty good. At the end of his tenure here Coach Whammy coached our DB's and was technically listed as the DC, but Johnson was the main guy behind our defense. Could turn out good...I'm just interested to see if a defense on a team with that kind of offense can be good. oregon makes it work, but they seem to be the exception instead of the rule.