Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Rank The SEC Football Jobs

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 01 January 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

MSU won on the field. The record can say what it wants, but if State won, they were the better team. Dude the series is 20-20. You were just wrong. It's not a huge deal. It happens.

for·feit  

/ˈfôrfit/
Verb
Lose or be deprived of (property or a right or privilege) as a penalty for wrongdoing.
Noun
A fine or penalty for wrongdoing or for a breach of the rules in a club or game.
Adjective
Lost or surrendered as a penalty for wrongdoing or neglect: "the lands which he had acquired were automatically forfeit".
Synonyms
verb.   lose noun.   fine - forfeiture - penalty - mulct - pledge
HelmMap.gif

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPorcine, on 01 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

for·feit  

/ˈfôrfit/
Verb
Lose or be deprived of (property or a right or privilege) as a penalty for wrongdoing.
Noun
A fine or penalty for wrongdoing or for a breach of the rules in a club or game.
Adjective
Lost or surrendered as a penalty for wrongdoing or neglect: "the lands which he had acquired were automatically forfeit".
Synonyms
verb.   lose noun.   fine - forfeiture - penalty - mulct - pledge

Ok. If it's that important to you, you're right. Hey, just forget the fact that State won where it mattered. Your ego can't take being wrong. So, you're right. Go play son.
Posted Image

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 01 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Ok. If it's that important to you, you're right. Hey, just forget the fact that State won where it mattered. Your ego can't take being wrong. So, you're right. Go play son.

You sound like RebelFan4Life.
HelmMap.gif

M-I-Z-S-E-C

M-I-Z-S-E-C
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 12 December 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

People....please explain to me why the UK job is not a better job than Mizzou, MSU, Ole Miss and Vandy.  The only one that has more history is OM, the only one that has a bigger stadium is NOBODY, the only one that has better facilities is NOBODY, the only one that has better fan support is NOBODY, the only one that has been coached by Bear Bryant is UK, the only ones that have won the SEC is OM and UK....has anyone else ever won the Sugar Bowl?  Won a Sagarin National Title?

I think some people are letting facts get away from their decision making process.

Ever heard of the Junction Boys??  The Bear coached at A&M too.

Maybe you should get your facts straight (and actually beat Mizzou) before you pop off.

Edited by M-I-Z-S-E-C, 03 January 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostM-I-Z-S-E-C, on 03 January 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Ever heard of the Junction Boys??  The Bear coached at A&M too.

Maybe you should get your facts straight (and actually beat Mizzou) before you pop off.

Reading comprehension must not be my strong point.  Please explain why the Junction Boys are relevant in this discussion.  TIA
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just now discovered this thread...... where in the hell was I at?
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 07 January 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I just now discovered this thread...... where in the hell was I at?
No doubt slaving away for one credit hour in a lab somewhere.
Posted Image

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 07 January 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

No doubt slaving away for one credit hour in a lab somewhere.

Funny thing this is true.  Only at UK do you spend 4 hours a week in class for a 1-hour credit course not counting all the stuff you have to do outside of it.  Its kinda funny actually lol.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 29 December 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

LOL. And what did beating that number one team land you? Not a damned thing. You still went 2-10 this year. Your best year in the last ten was eight wins. You used to be the SEC's flagship program in basketball, but, hell, you can't get that right anymore.
We just won the national championship....we have more sec tourny titles than everyone combined.
Posted Image

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
But back on point, I think UK is a better job than Vandy.  That doesn't mean that Vandy isn't the current better program but UK is a better job.  Ole Miss has struggled in many years past but I think is a good job because the expectations aren't that high but they have so much talent around them to get a good team going and quickly.  Tennessee has fallen off massively over the years but they are still a better job than Kentucky consideirng the amount of money they are willing to invest.  Mizzou is about on par IMO with Kentucky in terms of a job status.  They don't have a wealth of talent in that state and neither does Kentucky.

I think Kentucky is the #12/#13 best job in the SEC but they are still a very good job nationally.
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just in time....our "football franchise" (according to the info in the other thread) rates us MUCH higher than Mizzou.  Further proving my point that UK is the better job.

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 07 January 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Just in time....our "football franchise" (according to the info in the other thread) rates us MUCH higher than Mizzou.  Further proving my point that UK is the better job.

I'm not saying that you aren't right but they also ranked Auburn ahead of Alabama which seems to be completely ludicrous to me at this point....
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 07 January 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I'm not saying that you aren't right but they also ranked Auburn ahead of Alabama which seems to be completely ludicrous to me at this point....

Which is why I pointed out that the viewpoint wasn't close.