Music City Tickets Going Fast - Page 6 - Vanderbilt Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 6

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Music City Tickets Going Fast

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 09 December 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

when you buy off of stub-hub, you are buying from someone that most-likely represents a corporation.  that is applicable to just about every decent seat on either the home or away side.  its not about allotment sales ONE BIT.

Nope your wrong...buy thru school
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 09 December 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

the sec reimburses the sec schools tens of MILLIONS of dollars.....the 40-50 bucks i save buying from an outside source is called being an intelligent consumer.  i love my school and give when i feel it is necessary, but shelling out an additional 100 bucks (assuming i bring the wife) for a seat in the nose-bleeds is dumb.  ill save the money and pick where i sit.  the vast majority of good seats are owned by corporations that sell to the general public as they see fit.  bowls arent for fans.

your school didn't get credit for that bowl sale..Thanks

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 09 December 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

VU doesn't return them, it eats the loss.  But thats not what I'm saying though.  Just selling your allotment isn't going to get rid of your will not travel label.  You have to sell over and above the allotment.

We are doing that this year and did it last year Butchy Boy Lover

Listen to Bald Stallings...he is correct

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 09 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

i went to that liberty bowl... if anything, it looked like it was 33% vandy, 33% cincy, 33% other sec fans, and 1% cops with M16's...

You need your eyes checked or you was drinking way toooo much

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted ImageHey Shamoan...this is after we beat Ole miss at Ole Miss....what State do with Ole Miss????????????????

Posted Image

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Its your money.  If you want to waste it so that Vandy can save a few dollars be my guest.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHoganknows, on 10 December 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

How many tickets State sold to Gator bowl...you don't belong State...only reason you are there is because we have already played NW.

and Matt (41-18)....you don't know what your talking about, you buy tickets thru your school to get credit for bowl numbers...get lost with your 5th choice coach Butchy Boy

Anchordown boys Vandy fans are here to stay

see what i mean vandy fans?

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
these type posts show vandy's inexperience with the post season.  buy through the school so that the school gets credit.....laughable.

hogan, just promise me that you will buy a full priced ticket through vanderbilt when you go to the mcb.  then give us a writeup about how great your full-priced nosebleed seats were.  then, i will do a write up of how i got half-priced tickets at field level last year when i bought off stub-hub.  that would clearly show me and put me in my place.

BatteredPancake

BatteredPancake
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 10 December 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

these type posts show vandy's inexperience with the post season.  buy through the school so that the school gets credit.....laughable.

That is :lanekiffin: ing stupid. Of course our fans are going to buy through Vanderbilt. The only reason we aren't in a better bowl is because they think we can't make them money. If we win eight games next year what the :lanekiffin: do you think will happen then? I'll tell you, the same :lanekiffin: ing thing that happened this season, we get left out. The only way to change this, is to sell tickets through vandy proving to the bowls we can fill the stadium. I'm not sure if you are trying to be a  :lanekiffin: ing  troll at this point or not. You should be able to understand something this simple.

Edited by UltraDario, 10 December 2012 - 03:40 PM.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUltraDario, on 10 December 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

That is :lanekiffin: ing stupid. Of course our fans are going to buy through Vanderbilt. The only reason we aren't in a better bowl is because they think we can't make them money. If we win eight games next year what the :lanekiffin: do you think will happen then? I'll tell you, the same :lanekiffin: ing thing that happened this season, we get left out. The only way to change this, is to sell tickets through vandy proving to the bowls we can fill the stadium. I'm not sure if you are trying to be a  :lanekiffin: ing  troll at this point or not. You should be able to understand something this simple.

ok, which is more likely to result in vandy helping their cause in the future?

option A:

vandy selling all of their 15,000 ticket allotment but the total attendance against generic team x is 54,000 in a stadium of 70,000.

option B:

vandy only selling 8,000 tickets in their allotment but the total attendance against generic team x is 68,000 in a stadium of 70,000.

the winner is clearly option B.  its not about team ticket sales, its about attendance, total number of ticket sales, getting asses in the seats, etc.  why is that so difficult to understand?

only a moron would pay more money for worse seats.  its idiotic.  our % of allotted tickets sold had zero to do with the amount of fans we brought to the gator or mcb the last few seasons.

Fact: corporations hold most of the prime seating for the bowls.  those are the ones selling them on stub-hub and other ticket exchange sites.  if yall cant understand that, i have some serious concerns about the academic reputation of the university you support.  those are facts and not really debatable.

now, if its worth more to you to pay extra and run a serious risk of getting crappy seats when you could have paid less for better seats, then i guess its a personal statement and a preference that you have.  sure, its great to sell your full allotment, but it doesnt mean anything if you have shitty attendance.

BatteredPancake

BatteredPancake
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 10 December 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

ok, which is more likely to result in vandy helping their cause in the future?

option A:

vandy selling all of their 15,000 ticket allotment but the total attendance against generic team x is 54,000 in a stadium of 70,000.

option B:

vandy only selling 8,000 tickets in their allotment but the total attendance against generic team x is 68,000 in a stadium of 70,000.

the winner is clearly option B.  its not about team ticket sales, its about attendance, total number of ticket sales, getting asses in the seats, etc.  why is that so difficult to understand?

only a moron would pay more money for worse seats.  its idiotic.  our % of allotted tickets sold had zero to do with the amount of fans we brought to the gator or mcb the last few seasons.

Fact: corporations hold most of the prime seating for the bowls.  those are the ones selling them on stub-hub and other ticket exchange sites.  if yall cant understand that, i have some serious concerns about the academic reputation of the university you support.  those are facts and not really debatable.

now, if its worth more to you to pay extra and run a serious risk of getting crappy seats when you could have paid less for better seats, then i guess its a personal statement and a preference that you have.  sure, its great to sell your full allotment, but it doesnt mean anything if you have shitty attendance.

I can honestly see it either way, I'm not in a mood to argue, I hate my life now that the season is over anyways

kerrigjl

kerrigjl
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 10 December 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

hogan, just promise me that you will buy a full priced ticket through vanderbilt when you go to the mcb.  then give us a writeup about how great your full-priced nosebleed seats were.  then, i will do a write up of how i got half-priced tickets at field level last year when i bought off stub-hub.  that would clearly show me and put me in my place.

Our SID agrees with Hogan:

http://www.vucommodo.../111612aaa.html

http://www.vucommodo.../113012aac.html

http://www.vucommodo.../120612aab.html

TheTeetFingler

TheTeetFingler

You're Fuggin' Out!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just for fun...... Attendance 63,816. AT LEAST 57,000 Mississippi State.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

Anchordown 41-18 14-10

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 10 December 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

Its your money.  If you want to waste it so that Vandy can save a few dollars be my guest.

What type bowl tickets are Vols fans buying...Oh, thats right you get your's for free, right in front of the TV set:)    41-18

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postkerrigjl, on 11 December 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

shocker.....vandy's athletic dept wanting not to get stuck with the bill.  great point there chief.  what no links to a vandy run site asking people not to buy from them?