Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Which SEC Teams Would Beat ND?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can't believe how many of you "SEC fans" are drinking the ESPN/ND Kool-aid.  I guess y'all are the same morons that buy as seen on TV products.

Alabama
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina
LSU
Texas A&M

Vandy- push
Ole Miss- maybe

Edited by CCRider, 09 December 2012 - 10:25 PM.

Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 07 December 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Georgia fans don't even know SC beat UGA by 4TD's.

I knew...........trust me......I knew.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 07 December 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

ND's defense might be better than any in the SEC.

This is either the funniest thing ever written or the most absurd.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt and go with funniest.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 07 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

.probably
  • Alabama
Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
notre dames defense is better than bama's and i really think anyone that argues that is stupid. the offense isnt any good but its better than floridas. i really think the only ones that really stand a chance would be bama and thats if mccaron doesnt puke down the front of his shirt in the redzone.
Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Okay so after Navy (basically their offense) the highest ranked rushing attack ND has faced is Stanford who is 51st, in that game Stanford was starting their now back up QB.  So I'm not really buying the whole best run defense and how you can't run on them.  This is a team who's only good win was against Choklahoma, a should've been L to Stanford, 3OT vs Pitt, beating a USC team and their back up QB, and a combined winning margin of 13 against Purdue, Michigan, and BYU.  Their biggest blow out was against Wake Forest who was smoked by Vanderbilt and scored 20 or less points 5 times compared to Bama's....0.  

In fact Bama only scored less than 30 twice, at LSU (21) and against A&M (24).  The only mutual team Bama and ND have faced is Michigan.  Bama won 41-14 in Dallas and ND won 13-6 at home.  In that game Bama gave up 30 less total yards and limited Michigan's ground attack to 69 rushing yards while ND gave up 161.  On offense Bama posted 431 total yards while ND...239.  This is just what I could find in 10 min on espn.com.  Now don't get me wrong I think it's going to be a close game until a garbage TD at the end makes the final score a little misleading because when you have 2 top defenses the games tend to be close but I can't stand when people start thinking ND is on some sort of different level or they would finish on top of the SEC.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Prediction: Manti gets trucked by Lacy

2nd Prediction: Manti gets trucked by Yeldon

3rd prediction: Alabama will only need throw it if they want to just for the hell of it

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 09 December 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

3rd prediction: Alabama will only need throw it if they want to just for the hell of it

Sweet God, please be right. I think I have expressed my sentiments in about 3 other threads, but I WANT Lacy vs. Te'o one-on-one.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 09 December 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

There should REALLY be a trophy or something for winning the GA-SC game every year, I mean they work at ONE thing all year, accomplish it, and don't get anything? Not even a trophy? Not fair at all

speaking of accomplishments, howd that work out for you against alabama?

View PostaTm 82, on 09 December 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

This reminds me of the end of the year high school game where you have an unbeaten Junior Varsity team thinking they are the hot shit and can can kick a 1 loss Varsity team around. But it takes 1 nasty hit on the opening kick off for JV to realize they over matched by bigger stronger faster meaner players and they are fixing to get the dog crap stomped out of them. We are talking about a team who has been to the NC in back to back years and has had to play top 10 teams all year long.
You don't try to run the rock right up the middle on ND, you use the Option out of the shotgun and move the pocket and run the screens and end arounds. Bama's tackles and ends are so big they can jam the end of the D Line and make QB's run for the option and quick screen. Let ND linebackers blitz and over run the ball. Saban will line then up in a set formation and you won't be able to tell if Bama is running, scrambling or throwing the ball. They are going to look like a deer frozen in the headlights.
In all honesty I think Bama, Florida, UGA and LSU can push them around just because of their Size and Big game experience.
There is a mismatch in SEC receiver size and speed over any ND defender.
aTm and SC would have them worn out by the 4th quarter and win because we have size, speed and  qb's that can throw the deep ball. aTm would definitely have that ND defense spread out from sideline to sideline, as soon as the LB's drop back for the pass Johnny runs up the middle, or beats them to a sideline. SC would do the same with Shaw and it's receiving corp.
McCarrons job is to have this game put away by Half time, by the end of the 3rd Quarter the Seniors will be substituted and take their standing ovations from the crowd.
ND is not a top 10 team and Bama is going to prove that when they drop kick that LuckyCharmPhuck back to Indy, and to make it look bad, Saban lets everybody play and get some by the 4th quarter. The water girl even gets to suit up and stand as the 12th man on the sidelines as ND cries.

i hope youre right...

View PostGatorHater24, on 09 December 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Honestly....... I think the Bama v ND game will be close..............for about 5 minutes.
For real though, I think Bama runs away with it EARLY, like early second quater early, if that

i hope youre right...x2

View PostGatorHater24, on 09 December 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

i hope youre right...x3
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 09 December 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

notre dames defense is better than bama's and i really think anyone that argues that is stupid. the offense isnt any good but its better than floridas. i really think the only ones that really stand a chance would be bama and thats if mccaron doesnt puke down the front of his shirt in the redzone.

So lets review what ESPN has told us over the past few years:

1. theOhio State was theGreatest team ever assembled.  A.J. Hawk and Barbi Carpenter were genetic mutations created by crossing Dick Butkis DNA with the Incredible Hulk.  Ted Ginn Jr. was the fastest human being to ever live.  Florida crushed tOhio State.
2. Everything I just said plus they were pissed off because the axis of the moon a year earlier prevented them from competing with Florida. LSU handled them.
3. Chokelahomo was the all time greatest......and I mean GREATEST offense that college football...no any football anywhere....nay the universe had ever seen.  They were going to hang 1,000 on Florida behind the oh so brittle arm of Big Chief Chickenbones.  They scored 14 on Florida and the game was never really in doubt.
4. Everything I just said about Oklahoma was now said about Texas only they had a white QB and not one that couldn't hold his firewater and was prone to trading large tracks of land for pretty beads.  Bama dominated, they let off the gas in the second half and made it look like a game.
5. Oregon was the fastest team of all time....no really....SEC speed pssssttttt.....nothing compared to Oregon speed.  The problem was that when big fast players hit small fast players the big fast ones win.

Now this year it is defense.....really....that is what you want to go with.....defense?  It was funny when Oregon's speed got hyped over SEC speed but now you want to go down the defense road.  Don't you understand that the rest of the country is losing interest in this because the SEC is a foregone conclusion?  That is why they are hyping ND because if you knew the truth then the average fan wouldn't watch.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

WESB

WESB

Football Masochist

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 07 December 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

ND's defense might be better than any in the SEC. No matter how much you hate them, that defense is legit.

I think that it will appear as if the ND defense is trying to run in high-heel pumps when playing Alabama in the NCG.

Edited by WESB, 10 December 2012 - 11:01 AM.

My favorite Teams? Whoever is playing either Michigan or Notre Dame!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Guru

The Guru
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 07 December 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

we'll see

You already saw.  At least you saw half of it.  Then you left the stadium in disgust.

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm tired of this thread coming up, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Auburn would lose. The rest would win. I'm 100% sure. Thread /

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

So lets review what ESPN has told us over the past few years:

1. theOhio State was theGreatest team ever assembled.  A.J. Hawk and Barbi Carpenter were genetic mutations created by crossing Dick Butkis DNA with the Incredible Hulk.  Ted Ginn Jr. was the fastest human being to ever live.  Florida crushed tOhio State.
2. Everything I just said plus they were pissed off because the axis of the moon a year earlier prevented them from competing with Florida. LSU handled them.
3. Chokelahomo was the all time greatest......and I mean GREATEST offense that college football...no any football anywhere....nay the universe had ever seen.  They were going to hang 1,000 on Florida behind the oh so brittle arm of Big Chief Chickenbones.  They scored 14 on Florida and the game was never really in doubt.
4. Everything I just said about Oklahoma was now said about Texas only they had a white QB and not one that couldn't hold his firewater and was prone to trading large tracks of land for pretty beads.  Bama dominated, they let off the gas in the second half and made it look like a game.
5. Oregon was the fastest team of all time....no really....SEC speed pssssttttt.....nothing compared to Oregon speed.  The problem was that when big fast players hit small fast players the big fast ones win.

Now this year it is defense.....really....that is what you want to go with.....defense?  It was funny when Oregon's speed got hyped over SEC speed but now you want to go down the defense road.  Don't you understand that the rest of the country is losing interest in this because the SEC is a foregone conclusion?  That is why they are hyping ND because if you knew the truth then the average fan wouldn't watch.

AWESOME!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)