Memphis Grizzlies - The Pros - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Memphis Grizzlies

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not a lot of talk about them, but the Grizzlies have been kicking everybody's ass since Opening Night. They're sitting on a 13-3 record with a game at New Orleans tonight.

These boys have been together for several years now. They know each other, and they're clicking like nobody else in the league.

Zach Randolph is playing the best basketball of his life. He put up 38 and 22 on Phoenix Tuesday night. Marc Gasol is becoming the best center in the league. Mike Conley is FINALLY becoming the upper echelon point guard we've all been hoping he would be. Rudy Gay can score from anywhere on the floor, and Tony Allen is just a defensive bad ass who can lock down anyone in front of him.

The bench is as deep as anybody's in the league.

Picking up Wayne Ellington and Jerryd Bayless have more than made up for losing OJ Mayo. Then you've got Mareese Speights and Darrell Authur doing their thing in the paint.

These damn Memphis Grizzlies are just winning and beating the hell out of people. Better get on this bandwagon now while there's still room.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nah bro its all Pelicans all day
Posted Image

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 07 December 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Nah bro its all Pelicans all day

They're gonna get theirs tonight..

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i have kind of been following them since i live here...i am going to try to get to some games i think now that i am done traveling every weekend...i just have a real hard time getting into the NBA...

Posted Image

GTHOM

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 07 December 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

i have kind of been following them since i live here...i am going to try to get to some games i think now that i am done traveling every weekend...i just have a real hard time getting into the NBA...

That's what a lot of folks around here have been saying until they actually watch this team play.

These ain't your typical millionaire NBA types.

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRedRebelBlue, on 07 December 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

That's what a lot of folks around here have been saying until they actually watch this team play.

These ain't your typical millionaire NBA types.
yeah thats the only reason i want to go watch them...i have seen a few games and my friends went a few weeks ago and had a blast...

Posted Image

GTHOM

A10Rebel

A10Rebel
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I started following them the year they traded Pau, which was an awful year followed by another awful year.  I never really followed the NBA prior to that but I love me some Grizzlies.

From where they were to where Hollins has taken them...he's a great coach and I will be a mushroom cloud of anger if they don't get his contract renewed before season end.  I'm skeptical hippo on the new ownership.

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 07 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

I started following them the year they traded Pau, which was an awful year followed by another awful year.  I never really followed the NBA prior to that but I love me some Grizzlies.

From where they were to where Hollins has taken them...he's a great coach and I will be a mushroom cloud of anger if they don't get his contract renewed before season end.  I'm skeptical hippo on the new ownership.

I'm a lifelong NBA guy living in the Memphis area. Grew up a fan of the Phoenix Suns, and from the day the Vancouver Grizzlies announced they were moving here in 2001, my loyalties went to the home team.

Been a LOT of tough days, but these last couple of years have been so worth it. The playoff atmosphere at FedExForum is unlike anything you've ever experienced.

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The best team in the league just beat New Orleans to move to 14-3.

These Grizzlies are for real.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They should be the Memphis Blues or Memphis Fed Ex's..."Grizzlies" just doesn't work for west TN.  Just sayin'....and,

NBA basketball just plain sucks.

Edited by SECats, 08 December 2012 - 02:17 AM.

2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 08 December 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

They should be the Memphis Blues or Memphis Fed Ex's..."Grizzlies" just doesn't work for west TN.  Just sayin'....and,

yep i agree completely but still not as out of place as the utah jazz.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 08 December 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

I said that about the nickname for the first few years....but this city has adopted the Grizzlies. They've become our team, out of place nickname and all.

And NBA basketball is actually the best in the world, but once again....watch this particular team for a few games before you blindly say the game "sucks". They don't fit your perception of what the NBA is at all.

Edited by RedRebelBlue, 10 December 2012 - 01:30 PM.

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Then again, I just noticed that Hornets logo.....so yes, watching THAT team will definitely turn you off on NBA basketball.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRedRebelBlue, on 10 December 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I said that about the nickname for the first few years....but this city has adopted the Grizzlies. They've become our team, out of place nickname and all.

And NBA basketball is actually the best in the world, but once again....watch this particular team for a few games before you blindly say the game "sucks". They don't fit your perception of what the NBA is at all.

The NBA game in general is awful.  The attitude of the players.  The attention to detail.  The defense.  The rules.  The effort.

It all sucks IMO.  I don't fault people for liking it, I just find it unenjoyable to watch...especially regular season.

FYI...the Hornets logo is merely because they have Kentucky players Miller and Davis on the team.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Once again...give the Grizzlies a shot.

The attitude and the lack of effort that you speak of.....it doesn't exist on this team.

They've completely earned their Grit and Grind reputation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users