So Butch Jones huh? - Page 11 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 11

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

So Butch Jones huh?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
154 replies to this topic

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJL 103, on 07 December 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

I think it was lying to your AD's face. That's different than lying to the media.

Who knows, he may have done more/worse things not known to the public and this was the final straw.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 07 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Just because he hasn't won a title yet doesn't mean he wasn't disrespected by rival fans (primarily Dawg fans) from the day he was hired until about halfway through this, his 2nd, season.

Most of you guys referred to him as Muschump or Muschimp, and couldn't get enough laughs from his 7-6 inaugural season. Today he's 11-1, taking his team to a BCS bowl, and is SEC Co-COY.

I wasn't making fun of him... I was on the bandwagon for a while to fire Richt and go after him. I just think it's a tad soon to put him in the category with guys like Saban, Spurrier, Meyer and Miles who have won and been two multiple championship games. I mean, Muschamp hasn't really outright won the East yet.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not a bad hire, but not a home run either. I'd say Cincinnati is worse now than when he got there, and all of those players he sent to the NFL were Brian Kelly's guys. I know he had a losing season in his first year while returning several key players off of Cincinnati's Sugar Bowl team.

And for the Flarda fans, I think Muschamp is a pretty good coach, the offenses have been lackluster but they have had 3 different coordinators in 3 years and both of Muschamps' years, the QB has been hurt. It will even out eventually. But believing that UGA didn't force turnovers means that you believe your team is full of shitty, incompetent players if not sensitive, pussy players.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

TheListSEC

TheListSEC
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They sure picked a... person.
The List: The Best of the SEC

@TheListSEC
www.facebook.com/TheListSEC

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wonder how this hire would've been perceived if they didn't hype up their coaching search with Gruden and crap.

It is a decent hire in it's own right though based off of resume.   Just not a headline stealer like people love to see.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›