Banks wins Thorpe - Page 4 - Mississippi State Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Banks wins Thorpe

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And, yeah, if it weren't for Arky and Auburn, you would so be 4-8 right now.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 06 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Is banks 40 time projected to be good or bad in the combine on the real? I don't know how fast he is. But you don't find many 6'3 cornerbacks with his length that can play man coverage like he can at most times. I think if we'll find out soon after he's drafted how he'll do immediately. Whoever drafts him probably gives him a good amount of PT with his man coverage skills displayed the last 2 years
I honestly couldn't tell you how fast he is. Banks had his worst year this year. That's the sad part. He was way better his sophomore and junior years than he was last season.
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 06 December 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Oh, and I am also about to dispel a quick little myth right here. If Mullen had gotten to play a 3-9 Auburn team and a 4-8 Hog team, we would have won at least even in his first regular season. So, yeah, winning one game doesn't make Freeze a better coach than Mullen.
  So y'all didn't play them?  Y'all didn't play a 2-10 Kentucky team?  y'all didn't play a Tennessee that was 1-7 in the SEC?  Y'all didn't play South Alabama, a school that has had a football program for a grand total of 3 years, that just moved up from FCS this year?   I could be wrong though? From the way you stated that it's like y'all didn't play them... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 06 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

So y'all didn't play them?  Y'all didn't play a 2-10 Kentucky team?  y'all didn't play a Tennessee that was 1-7 in the SEC?  Y'all didn't play South Alabama, a school that has had a football program for a grand total of 3 years, that just moved up from FCS this year?   I could be wrong though? From the way you stated that it's like y'all didn't play them... :rolleyes:
What does that have to do with Freeze not being a better coach than Mullen? What are you talking about? What does this even.........I am comparing Freeze's first year on the job to Mullen's.
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 06 December 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

No, we would be 6-6. Math not your strong suite?
Could've would've should've bullshit.. Yea I could do that too and make a case of how we could be 9-3 if we had more than 57 scholarship players playing.    Are you ass hurt because espn's latest SEC power rankings has a 6-6 Ole Miss team ranked at 8 and State at 9?  Not that it matters, just trying to figure out why you keep arguing using could've would've should've type posts as well as the  "yea son" type of posts.

Shits weak bro
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 06 December 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

What does that have to do with Freeze not being a better coach than Mullen? What are you talking about? What does this even.........I am comparing Freeze's first year on the job to Mullen's.
  Were you? ok then      6-6 vs 5-7    What you think?
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mullen in his 4th year should have a strong team, gets ass beat by Freeze with a depth depleted Ole Miss team that has less than 60 scholarship players.
Whatsattellya?
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
night bitch
Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 06 December 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

You upset?  I'm just saying Banks is a marginal talent.  He padded his stats against the weak part of y'alls schedule and played very poorly to his standards in his last 5 games.

If he deserved to win a Thorpe award I think last year was his most deserving year.

Dee Milliner is much better.

And Donte Moncrief just scored yet another TD.

They must have awarded banks the thorpe cuz they felt sorry for him or something. Yeah that's it.

FIRE EVERYONE

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Shut up queer

Edited by JDawg, 06 December 2012 - 11:15 PM.

FIRE EVERYONE

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 06 December 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Mullen in his 4th year should have a strong team, gets ass beat by Freeze with a depth depleted Ole Miss team that has less than 60 scholarship players.
Whatsattellya?
That every dog has his day? I mean, seriously, you can't honestly base an entire career on one game. Oh, and I don't think that you've realized that you've trapped yourself using your own logic. You're like a dog chasing its tail. When it finally catches up and bites its own tail, it thinks, "wow, that hurt."
Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 06 December 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

lmao @JDawg ...  can't take the heat?  well you know what they say....

I just state the facts...     Go get double stuffed by Mark Hudspeth and Ol' Dike looking Mullen

If by facts you mean raging homer toolbag then you're right on the money.

FIRE EVERYONE

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
maybe this puts some truth to the idea that banks was stretched way too thin trying to help whitley and to a lesser extent broomfield.  there were a few instances where banks looked pretty bad, but in retrospect, there were VERY few of those and they happened to be on scoring plays which made them all stand out in our minds more.  not all of that was on banks, but he certainly deserves a share of the criticism.  i have been thoroughly disappointed by whitley....i was one of his biggest fans last year, but this year, its like we are playing with 10 guys out there.  i hope nikoe gets healthy for real this time.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well.... Gator Bowl and Thorpe Award (amongst multiple 1st Team All Americans and some 2nd Team AA for G. Jackson..) we've had a little bit of good news lately.  We need a convincing bowl victory in the worst way.

FIRE EVERYONE

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why's this guy trolling in a team forum anyway? Fixed.