Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

All Auburn assistants gone

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hmm maybe Malzhan won't be a dumpster fire. Hopefully we can lure Foster to the light side of the force. Obi Wan Richtobi will teach him the ways of the force.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

Vol-El

Vol-El
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good for Gus and for Auburn.  You guys needed a change of culture, as I'm sure Gus was well aware.

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 05 December 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Are y'all talking about the same Ellis Johnson that just took an FBS football team winless an entire season? Why?

Perhaps because Bama went 4 years without scoring an offensive TD on MSU when he was DC there.

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The only coach I ever remember lighting up CEJ's defense was Gus Malzahn in the SECCG. :trollface:

I was there, 56-17 baby

Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Probably was a good idea to fire them all

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 05 December 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

The only coach I ever remember lighting up CEJ's defense was Gus Malzahn in the SECCG. :trollface:

I was there, 56-17 baby
Yeah but 7 of those came on a bullshit Hail Mary to end the 1st half...so it was really only 49.

This move makes a lot more sense if he's going to get them to reapply with the new coordinators

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
I hope gus was like "yeah JJ I'll do whatever you guys want, I'm a regular doormat" and then they handed him the keys and he was like "hahaha you thought I was serious? no. fire everyone. oh, and release it to the press so theres nothing they can do about it"
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Yeah but 7 of those came on a bullshit Hail Mary to end the 1st half...so it was really only 49.

lol, this quote cracks me up

Posted Image

WDE

WDE

gone from suck to blow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 05 December 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Already looks like he's in over his head. All of them in the first day? How excited were Auburn fans to hire BVG?

Yeah I was stoked about BVG until the defense didn't improve in toughness, physicality and you know... TACKLING. I like BVG but honestly his players showed no improvement as the season moved along. Now could that have been a product of Chiz? Sure, its possible. But if I am coming in from the outside as the new HC I don't care, all I have to look at is the tape!

To me this makes it seem more like Gus is in control and shutting down the BS. Even if he ends up re-hiring some of them he has shown them they will get no favoritism from him and he won't allow any more coddling. Thats what I take from this, but that's just me.
Posted Image

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 05 December 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Already looks like he's in over his head. All of them in the first day? How excited were Auburn fans to hire BVG? I'm sure there were other good assistants there too. But to fire them in the first day tells me he didn't consider their value....he just decided to start all over. Now he has to assemble an entire staff and keep recruiting while trying to work with the players on the team. Seems like he's putting himself farther behind the 8 ball before he even begins tackling the usual problems of coaching at a big time university.

All of them were fired and some if not all can interview for a job with Malzahn.

I did the same thing when I last changed jobs.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 06 December 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

This move makes a lot more sense if he's going to get them to reapply with the new coordinators

Darvin Adams doesn't Posted Image around.

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ive seen nothing to support this claim?
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members