Autozone fires Vet for stopping robbery - Page 4 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Autozone fires Vet for stopping robbery

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Playmaker, on 04 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

The guy is military, of course he's going to grab his gun before calling the cops.  He was more focused on saving his friend's life than using more time to call the cops and having the chance they show up in time.  It was a good decision by him and horrible by AZ.

I'm not military and would pull my weapon first and call the police later.  I've done so defending myself and my wife while on vacation several years ago from a thug who thought he saw a defenseless tourist and was taken aback when I pulled a handgun out to to counter the threat he presented with his knife.  He metaphorically peed in his pants, crossed the street and went elsewhere while my wife and I continued on our nice stroll to the restaurant.  My wife, who was raised to fear handguns like you would a rabid dog, finally understood the issue and soon had herself a concealed carry permit.

Where I live, it generally takes the sheriff about 15 minutes or more to get to my neighborhood.  More than once I have investigated occurances around my home while armed and have been back in bed before the deputy would have ever made it to my home or my neighbor's home.

One of my neighbors tells a funny story about what happened to him in Atlanta about 15 years ago.  He was riding with a friend on one of the city streets when he had to stop behind a vehicle that was stopped in the street while the driver was talking to someone in a vehicle going the other way.  They were fully blocking the street.  He waited a polite amount of time for the two drivers to finish their conversation and when they didn't he tapped his horn.

The passenger side door the car in front on him opened up and a thug stepped out armed with a baseball bat, threatening my friend and his driver.  My driver of my friend's vehicle keeps a shotgun attached to the ceiling of the cab of his truck and he pulled it down, stuck out the window and called the thug, "I can't hear what you are saying.  You'll need to come speak into the end of this pipe."

Mr. Thug immediately realized that a baseball bat was not the weapon of choice for this encounter, shut his :lanekiffin:  ing mouth, and got back in the car so that he and his friends could drive on, which both vehicles did.

Edited by ShortyPrice, 06 December 2012 - 10:20 AM.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
AutoZone has seen it's last dollar from me.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The backlash these guys are getting is alot worse then what Chik-fil-a got. I have a feeling there won't be a Autozone appreciation day for this company.

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2 whole days and not in the "think tank" yet

amazing...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image