Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

I find it funny that

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

JDawg

JDawg

Captain Cowbell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
J Banks gets a UNANIMOUS vote for 1st team All-SEC AP yet doesn't win the Conerly.  I thought Banks was overrated though??!!?!

Only unanimous 1st Teamers.... Manziel, Coby Hamilton, Barrett Jones, Clowney, Jarvis Jones and Dee Milliner.  Pretty good company I'd say.

Gabe Jackson also made 1st team, while Bump, Perk and Lawrence made 2nd.

FIRE EVERYONE

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the conerly award was stupid but congrats to Banks...he will be sorely missed but i hope he makes a big time presence in the bigs!

Posted Image

GTHOM

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Banks got toasted quite a bit when State actually played decent teams...

Mullen has 5 players on the ALL-SEC lists and still gets blown out by Hugh Freeze ( 1 player on ALL-SEC 2nd team.

Cam Lawrence and Chad Bumphis deserve to be on the list where they are. Banks a little overrated.

Surely you don't have an excuse for how poorly Banks played against teams with decent passing game.  Draft stock hurt a little bit if you go back and watch the film.. and if it didn't dip because that it definitely will when he runs a high 4.5 or 4.6  40 at the combines.
Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

Captain Cowbell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Banks played poorly in one game this year....  The Egg Bowl.  I don't know where you are getting that other shit from.  Even then, it was mainly our safeties getting burned.  There's alot to be told that 2 1st Teamers (Hamilton and C. Patterson) were held in check when Banks covered them this year.  

No excuses for the EB... just tired of listening to stupid shit.  Banks can afford to run a 4.5 in the draft b/c he can play safety too.  He's got too many things you can't teach to not go relatively high in the draft.

FIRE EVERYONE

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 03 December 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Banks played poorly in one game this year....  The Egg Bowl.  I don't know where you are getting that other shit from.  Even then, it was mainly our safeties getting burned.  There's alot to be told that 2 1st Teamers (Hamilton and C. Patterson) were held in check when Banks covered them this year.  

No excuses for the EB... just tired of listening to stupid shit.  Banks can afford to run a 4.5 in the draft b/c he can play safety too.  He's got too many things you can't teach to not go relatively high in the draft.
Don't waste your breath responding to that trash, man. The euphoria in Oxford won't last. Next November will be here before you know it.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
again, word was that banks knee bothered him since the MTSU game and wasnt 100%...

Posted Image

GTHOM

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 03 December 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

again, word was that banks knee bothered him since the MTSU game and wasnt 100%...

wallace's shoulder was injured sine the tulane game. wtf? banks is pretty dang good but he aint no smoot
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

JDawg

JDawg

Captain Cowbell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 04 December 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

wallace's shoulder was injured sine the tulane game. wtf? banks is pretty dang good but he aint no smoot

Smoot was a good jammer and man guy. Banks excels in the zone. Banks has things smoot didn't have like length and hops.

FIRE EVERYONE

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Bama used him and abused him

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 04 December 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

yeah and wallace turned it over more than once because of the lack of arm strength due to the shoulder...a CB with a sore knee can be hampered more than a duel threat QB with a sore shoulder...banks didn't have the greatest year, thats true but i dont think wallace deserved the trophy...

Posted Image

GTHOM

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wallace wasn't even the best player on Ole Miss. Not even close.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

And don't forget Alshon Jeffrey last year.  He caught 2 passes for like 15 yards and no TDs while banks was on him.  His only TD came when Broomfield was covering...

JDawg

JDawg

Captain Cowbell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 04 December 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Bama used him and abused him

As they did everyone.

FIRE EVERYONE

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 04 December 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

yeah and wallace turned it over more than once because of the lack of arm strength due to the shoulder...a CB with a sore knee can be hampered more than a duel threat QB with a sore shoulder...banks didn't have the greatest year, thats true but i dont think wallace deserved the trophy...

cant argue with that
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 04 December 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Man next year is going to be even sweeter when Freeze wipes the floor with Mullen again

If Ole Miss runs us out of our own stadium Merlin better be running with them

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration