Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Heisman Finalists

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Heisman finalists are Manti Te’o, Collin Klein, and Johnny Manziel. The frontrunner to win the award is Texas A&M freshman, Johnny Manziel. All of these players are on teams ranked in the BCS Top 10. The award will be given out Saturday December 8, 2012.

Manti Te’o is a linebacker for number 1 ranked and undefeated Notre Dame. Te’o is one of the best defensive players in the country if not the best and he just won the Butkus award for being the best LB in the country.  Manti Te’o had 103 total tackles and 5.5 tackles for loss. Te’o had 1.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, and 1 fumble recovery. He broke up 4 passes and was credited with 4 quarterback hurries. Last game against USC, Te’o had 5 tackles and 1 interception. The Heisman Trophy rarely goes to a defensive player and Te’o would be the first linebacker to win it.

Collin Klein is quarterback for 5th ranked Kansas State. Klein had 2490 yards, 15 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions. Klein had a completion percentage of 66.2 percent. He was sacked 13 times and his quarterback rating was 156.1. Klein also rushed for 890 yards and 22 more touchdowns. Last game he had 184 yards and 1 touchdown. He also had 1 interception and a QBR of 176.8. Klein rushed for 103 yards and 2 additional touchdowns. Klein is thought to be third in the voting but he still has an outside shot at winning the award.

Johnny Manziel or Johnny Football is a freshman quarterback for number 9 Texas A&M. Manziel had 3419 yards, 24 touchdowns, and 8 interceptions. Manziel’s completion percentage was 68.3. He was sacked 22 times and his QBR was 155.9. Manziel rushed for 1181 yards and 19 touchdowns. Against Missouri Johnny Football went 32 for 44 and racked up 372 yards. He got 3 touchdowns, 1 interception, and a 161.7 quarterback rating. He rushed for 67 yards and 2 touchdowns. Manziel is the frontrunner to win the Heisman. If Manziel wins he will be the first ever freshman to win the award.

I think that Manziel will win the award and will be the first ever freshman to do so. In my opinion Johnny Football has the best stats and he had that signature moment against Alabama. Alabama was the number one team in the country and Manziel led his team to victory on the road. In that game Manziel had 253 passing yards, 2 touchdowns, and a QBR of 167.3. He rushed for 92 yards and his longest run was for 32 yards.

Click here to view the article

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
OU will get to play against all 3 Heisman finalists by time the bowls end. That will probably be all 3 of our losses.
Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

ABQAG

ABQAG
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 03 December 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

OU will get to play against all 3 Heisman finalists by time the bowls end. That will probably be all 3 of our losses.

Its gonna be great game. I dont think the finish is a fore gone conclusion although I hope your right.

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
anyone else like to see teo's ugly mugg taken off our sec site?
When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Please!  He got what he wanted.  Attention.  Now I'd like to forget about him.

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yep lets swap this cover story and.....  replace the finalists with the actual winner.  Remove Klein and Mystery Man from Fantasy World.

Sort of off topic but related to design.. The Top Banner claims only a measly 6 straight championships.  Think that number should be bumped.

Edited by Stefanozz, 18 January 2013 - 08:18 AM.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStefanozz, on 18 January 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Yep lets swap this cover story and.....  replace the finalists with the actual winner.  Remove Klein and Mystery Man from Fantasy World.

Sort of off topic but related to design.. The Top Banner claims only a measly 6 straight championships.  Think that number should be bumped.
It's all @Benny's fault because he is lazy. That would be fixed by now if someone just made me a mod.

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@Benny
@Tider27
@Darth Vader
When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll get all this done in the coming week, including @WadeWilson and others banners for the yearly award stuff.
Fire Bracky Brett

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 18 January 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'll get all this done in the coming week, including @WadeWilson and others banners for the yearly award stuff.

I love how only I get a mention, like (aside from some hot chick we both might be sharing) I am the only person on the board you care about.

How awkward our love triangle is...

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I feel like I single handedly altered the Home Page Main Banner.. I am Bada$$.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStefanozz, on 18 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I feel like I single handedly altered the Home Page Main Banner.. I am Bada$$.
I single handedly got this site a Home Page. I am more Bada$$.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No more coach cal on the banner. :(
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators