UK out of top 25 - Page 3 - SEC Basketball Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UK out of top 25

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 04 December 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I said that I felt like if we had Dixon we would have a good shot at winning the conference. Now that we don't have Dixon, I think that Florida is the better team.

Fair enough. Lets see what happens when conference play picks up. Interested to see what happens.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

The Architect

The Architect

drawin' pitchers n' such

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Early season rankings are based on POTENTIAL....and that's why UK was ranked so high. It turned out to be undeservedly so. So, I don't really care that it's the biggest drop ever...or whatever. The early ranking is a testament to Cal making believers out of everybody that you could win with One-and-doners.

What matters to me is that this team shows steady improvement. The first hafl of Samford was somewhat encouraging,,,,,then they came out and looked flat in the second half. Still bothersome.

If anyone can turn this team, it's Cal. But he has a ton of work ahead. If the kids finally start to listen (and get sick of running at 7am), they will improve.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm enjoying the drop, but this is a pretty down year for basketball it seems, so it's not like it will take something impossible for UK to get a deep tourney run.
Feck, they were 10-6 in the SEC and still made the FInal Four a couple years ago.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

I'm enjoying the drop, but this is a pretty down year for basketball it seems, so it's not like it will take something impossible for UK to get a deep tourney run.
Feck, they were 10-6 in the SEC and still made the FInal Four a couple years ago.
People said that it was a down year for football too. I agree that it was a down year for football and probably will be one for basketball but that makes me wonder why there is a downfall for both? What do y'all think could be the cause?
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 06 December 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

People said that it was a down year for football too. I agree that it was a down year for football and probably will be one for basketball but that makes me wonder why there is a downfall for both? What do y'all think could be the cause?

Major turnover for the bluebloods of both I would guess.
It happens from time to time.