Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Georgia buses roll into Athens after loss in SEC championship

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Agreed, I'm sure it means a lot to the players. Gives them something positive to remember when they go back to work this off-season.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 03 December 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

AS you are a administrator I humbly request you delete your post and everyone elses in this thread except for me hobby and tider. All others have nothing to do with the thread.

Wait a minute; neither I nor several other posters are trolling or trash-talking in your team thread; but you want me to delete my own and every other poster's comments that don't agree with yours or Tider's?

I'll be happy to do it; but the thread title doesn't exactly inform anyone of what the actual subject is supposed to be, and so most of us appear to just be addressing the comments of the posters you say you'd like to keep.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
IMO it wasn't a bad call. Murray said he thought he could catch us off balance on a quick snap. He had two things happen that he couldn't see coming.
1) Mosely tipped the ball
2) you had an underneath player trying to get us to bite and come to the ball and unlucky for Georgia he did what all good receivers do and caught it and to make it worse, he slipped. If the ball isn't tipped, Mitchell either catches it for the winning score or he can't get to it and they have another play.

Like '27 said, we can be arguing and hating each other tomorrow but that play was nothing more than a "perfect storm".
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Come on now Gator U.  That team played their guts out and earned some respect.

It is great when the fans come out and see the players get off the bus and welcome them back home.  Georgia players have nothing to be ashamed of they left it all on the field.  They can take a little frustration out on a traditional team in the bowl game which is more than UF can say.  Also a game like that and a dissapointing loss can fuel the desire to be better the next season.

I couldn't access the link, but I can see those players getting off the bus to the applause of their fans in my minds eye and that is something to be proud of.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 03 December 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Wait a minute; neither I nor several other posters are trolling or trash-talking in your team thread; but you want me to delete my own and every other poster's comments that don't agree with yours or Tider's?

I'll be happy to do it; but the thread title doesn't exactly inform anyone of what the actual subject is supposed to be, and so most of us appear to just be addressing the comments of the posters you say you'd like to keep.

Really? I know you're hard-headed but you're not stupid.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 03 December 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

Come on now Gator U.  That team played their guts out and earned some respect.

It is great when the fans come out and see the players get off the bus and welcome them back home.  Georgia players have nothing to be ashamed of they left it all on the field.  They can take a little frustration out on a traditional team in the bowl game which is more than UF can say.  Also a game like that and a dissapointing loss can fuel the desire to be better the next season.

I couldn't access the link, but I can see those players getting off the bus to the applause of their fans in my minds eye and that is something to be proud of.

You're exactly right; the UGA players played a great game and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of... I've never said any different, and congratulated them right afterward on a great game.

My post doesn't have anything to do with effort or heart; they clearly had plenty of that... I was just addressing the single play that was already being talked about, and opined that it was a strategical error.

And UGA may have a traditional team to beat up on, but it's hardly a better matchup than UF/UL, despite the rankings... NU just gave up 70 points to a 7-5 Wisky team. I look forward to watching UGA beat the brakes off them.

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 03 December 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Really? I know you're hard-headed but you're not stupid.

I just picked up the conversation already in progress, and I didn't catch that it was a thread devoted solely to the team upon their return for Dawg fans only. I'll refrain from commenting in here anymore.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 03 December 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Uh first the thread talks about getting off a bus in Athens, not a controversial call in the Georgia dome in Atlanta. That's pretty clear cut to me.

This doesn't even make sense. The only thing I have talked about is the video so I have no idea what disagreement we are having???

I never said you were trolling either. I said all of these comments about our play calling during the game have absolutly nothing to do with the video that was shared. And the play calling conversation was started by a fan of a different team which got him banned from the thread. All I want is for the all the play calling discussion to be in the right thread. Which would be the game thread. The play calling has zero to do with us cheering for our players as they drive back onto campus. And Sense this is the Georgia Forum for another fan base to come in here talking crap is not cool.