Georgia buses roll into Athens after loss in SEC championship - Page 2 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Georgia buses roll into Athens after loss in SEC championship

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Bull shit.  They played that about as well as they could have.   The coverage was right there. The only damn team that wasnt ready was UGA on that snap.

Why the Posted Image are you even discussing the play in this thread. Go the Posted Image away this thread has nothing to do with the game. Again Go the Posted Image away troll.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
geez they've analyzed this play ad nauseum. The receiver who caught the ball was running a speed out to give the CB a different receiver to think about. Both King and Mitchell was to run a fade with Murray throwing backshoulder. King had press coverage on him, so Murray threw it to Mitchell. CJ Mosley was stunting and recognized the short throw and tipped the ball. Unfortunately, for Georgia, the tipped ball went directly to the speed out. Receivers are instinctively taught to catch the ball and he did. Awkward catch, fell down. Nobody noticed how it cost the game until the clock kept running. Even if they spike the ball and ran the same play, nobody could have predicted the same chain of events that occurred.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
@TheRealBrave

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Bull shit.  They played that about as well as they could have.   The coverage was right there. The only damn team that wasnt ready was UGA on that snap.

wut?

UGA was driving like mad and lost because of a tipped ball.
I think, if they could redo it, that they would spike the ball. But it's not like it was a bad call or bad execution.

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If that ball wasn't tipped, the ball was going to the pylon/endzone as a fade or backshoulder throw to the outside WR (not the inner one who ended up catching the ball).  That ball is either going to be incomplete, a TD, or out of bounds.  If it was incomplete, Georgia would have had time for another play (maybe 2 depending on time) so in essence it didn't matter if Georgia clocked the ball or not because they were going to get 2 plays of out if regardless.  In this case, the ball was tipped and the Georgia player's instincts took over and he caught the ball instead of thinking about it and letting it drop.  It was bang bang so its hard to just stop and think about the situation as a player as you just don't have the time and no one thought for a second it was going to get tipped at the line either.

Evidence to what I just said is completely ludicrous at this point.
Posted Image

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 03 December 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

I'll take care of it.  This is the Georgia forum.....banned from thread.
2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
bama was in a prevent that whole drive.  miss state thought they were taking advantage of what they thought was a bama defense on their heels...got cute and threw a pick in the ez.  you gotta respect that bama is a great defense, and spike it.  as discussed, 6 seconds were wasted from the time the ball was spotted to the actual snap....thus leaving only 9 seconds from when the play began.  bobo admitted the right thing to do was spike it and regroup.  why are we still discussing this?  if you want to see how to handle that situation, see how andrew luck and the colts offense handled that game winning td.  they killed the clock when they got their first down to preserve as much time as possible and give themselves as many opportunities as possible.  there is a reason nfl teams spike it 10 out of 10 times in that situation.

georgia played a great game.  PERIOD.  if thats the only fault you can find against playing bama, your doing something right.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 03 December 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

it was a back shoulder throw to the front corner of the end zone. Like what AJ did on his int in the 1st half. Except the receiver and QB was on the right page in for Georgia and it was a great individual effort by Mosley to tip it.

I know how heartbreaking it is, but I'm with tider, I've def gained new respect for Georgia. They came back time and time again and didn't quit.

View PostJoeGator, on 03 December 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

wut?

UGA was driving like mad and lost because of a tipped ball.
I think, if they could redo it, that they would spike the ball. But it's not like it was a bad call or bad execution.

View PostShow Stopper, on 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

If that ball wasn't tipped, the ball was going to the pylon/endzone as a fade or backshoulder throw to the outside WR (not the inner one who ended up catching the ball).  That ball is either going to be incomplete, a TD, or out of bounds.  If it was incomplete, Georgia would have had time for another play (maybe 2 depending on time) so in essence it didn't matter if Georgia clocked the ball or not because they were going to get 2 plays of out if regardless.  In this case, the ball was tipped and the Georgia player's instincts took over and he caught the ball instead of thinking about it and letting it drop.  It was bang bang so its hard to just stop and think about the situation as a player as you just don't have the time and no one thought for a second it was going to get tipped at the line either.

Evidence to what I just said is completely ludicrous at this point.

View Postshamoan, on 03 December 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

bama was in a prevent that whole drive.  miss state thought they were taking advantage of what they thought was a bama defense on their heels...got cute and threw a pick in the ez.  you gotta respect that bama is a great defense, and spike it.  as discussed, 6 seconds were wasted from the time the ball was spotted to the actual snap....thus leaving only 9 seconds from when the play began.  bobo admitted the right thing to do was spike it and regroup.  why are we still discussing this?  if you want to see how to handle that situation, see how andrew luck and the colts offense handled that game winning td.  they killed the clock when they got their first down to preserve as much time as possible and give themselves as many opportunities as possible.  there is a reason nfl teams spike it 10 out of 10 times in that situation.

georgia played a great game.  PERIOD.  if thats the only fault you can find against playing bama, your doing something right.

Now yall can take a look at the video this thread was started for https://www.facebook.com/uga.edu

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 03 December 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Now yall can take a look at the video this thread was started for https://www.facebook.com/uga.edu

unfortunately, that would require signing in to facebook....which i largely avoid.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 03 December 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

unfortunately, that would require signing in to facebook....which i largely avoid.
Yeah I cannot figure out how to embed it.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 03 December 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Well deserved honestly. I suppose it's odd to have new found respect for a team I was more or less hating here for the past few seasons. Probably due to our trash talking here, and I expect it to return, but for now you can't hate a team that left it all out on the field like that. It was damn good football.

As for the last play, hindsight is always 20/20. Much easier for us to say what they should of done after the fact, same goes for Saban in the waning moments of Texas A&M. Some think he should of called a timeout(myself included) instead of saving them. I understand the logic if you don't get the TD on 4th down you need them stop the clock, but it was crucial to get everyone on the same page before AJ chicken winged it to an A&M DB. Just like Mosley though, he made the play and it speaks for itself.

I believe a stronger argument should of been made for Georgia to play in the Sugar bowl, though.

We played 5 teams in the Top 12, and won 4 of them, including against #8 LSU, #9 ATM, #10 USC, and #12 FSU; and finished the season with the nation's #1 toughest schedule... compared to Bama's #32 schedule and UGA's #64 schedule. http://web1.ncaa.org...9games_cumm.pdf

If only 2 SEC teams get BCS bowls by rule, where exactly should we be playing?

As for the final play of the game, I've kept quiet until now out of respect for the raw nature of the loss; but make no mistake, it was a monumental blunder, imho.

I do believe Murray was trying to go to the endzone, and use the element of surprise to get an advantage; but that's still a mistake. If you have the opportunity to clock the ball with 15 seconds left, and can then script 3 passing plays into the endzone, you do it every single time.

Rushing a play there at the end made the UGA players just as unprepared as the Bama players, negating the advantage... should've stepped back, talked about it, and took 3 shots into the endzone.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 03 December 2012 - 12:41 PM.

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 03 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

We played 5 teams in the Top 12, and won 4 of them, including against #8 LSU, #9 ATM, #10 USC, and #12 FSU; and finished the season with the nation's #1 toughest schedule... compared to Bama's #32 schedule and UGA's #64 schedule.

If only 2 SEC teams get BCS bowls by rule, where exactly should we be playing?

As for the final play of the game, I've kept quiet until now out of respect for the raw nature of the loss; but make no mistake, it was a monumental blunder, imho.

I do believe Murray was trying to go to the endzone, and use the element of surprise to get an advantage; but that's still a mistake. If you have the opportunity to clock the ball with 15 seconds left, and can then script 3 passing plays into the endzone, you do it every single time.

Rushing a play there at the end made the UGA players just as unprepared as the Bama players, negating the advantage... should've stepped back, talked about it, and took 3 shots into the endzone.

AS you are a administrator I humbly request you delete your post and everyone elses in this thread except for me hobby and tider. All others have nothing to do with the thread.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Several folks in here just can't read. This thread isn't about armchair quarterbacking the last play of the game.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 03 December 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Several folks in here just can't read. This thread isn't about armchair quarterbacking the last play of the game.

Well I liked the video. That was awesome for our students to do that. The team earned every bit of that welcome home.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Agreed, I'm sure it means a lot to the players. Gives them something positive to remember when they go back to work this off-season.