Mizzou OC Yost resigns - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Mizzou OC Yost resigns

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#16
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,986
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,840
http://missouri.riva...asp?CID=1444604

Personally I wouldn't mind promoting Hill up to OC the guy is a mizzou legend... But I'd prefer to go back to the glory days and get Christiansen back from Wyoming.... Or an SEC style OC... Overall this is a huge boost to our program the guy is an awesome person but he was in over his head in the SEC

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I would suck a fart out of her ass and hold it in like a bong hit
Posted Image

#17
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,817
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,344

View PostMizzouMark, on 03 December 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

http://missouri.riva...asp?CID=1444604

Personally I wouldn't mind promoting Hill up to OC the guy is a mizzou legend... But I'd prefer to go back to the glory days and get Christiansen back from Wyoming.... Or an SEC style OC... Overall this is a huge boost to our program the guy is an awesome person but he was in over his head in the SEC
I want to see us go after Jim Chaney. I would also want to see us go after Dave Christensen but I don't think he comes back. I honestly think that we will end up with Chaney and if it is not Chaney Hill would be promoted. I still want to see Pinkel try and give Yost some position so he can help with recruiting. Maybe it could be a part time job because of the "personal reasons" but I want to see him help out in recruiting.

#18
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,986
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,840
According to the editor over at Mizzou's rivals there is a very very high chance of this being an outside hire with strong SEC ties

Candidates being discussed:

Chaney from Dooleys staff is being heavily discussed he's a Missouri native with Mizzou connections

Joker Phillips is number 2 on the list, not quite sure why but alas he is number 2 on the Rivals list.

Jeff Tedford, former cal head coach, thought to have a great offensive mind with history with a lot of successful nfl quarterbacks.

Tony Franklin, Lousiana Tech OC, has made a relatively nobody teams offense into a somebody and has Missouri ties. He's getting strong looks right now as well.

Edited by MizzouMark, 03 December 2012 - 03:18 PM.

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I would suck a fart out of her ass and hold it in like a bong hit
Posted Image

#19
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,405
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,709

View PostMizzouMark, on 03 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

According to the editor over at Mizzou's rivals there is a very very high chance of this being an outside hire with strong SEC ties

Candidates being discussed:

Chaney from Dooleys staff is being heavily discussed he's a Missouri native with Mizzou connections

Joker Phillips is number 2 on the list, not quite sure why but alas he is number 2 on the Rivals list.

Jeff Tedford, former Cal head coach has ties to Pinkel.

Tony Franklin, Lousiana Tech OC, has made a relatively nobody teams offense into a somebody and has Missouri ties. He's getting strong looks right now as well.

Joker was a very good OC at Kentucky for a few years.

But too late, we hired him as our WR coach.

#20
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,561
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,419
Going from head coach to WR coach... that's gotta sting.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#21
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,986
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,840

View PostJoeGator, on 03 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Joker was a very good OC at Kentucky for a few years.

But too late, we hired him as our WR coach.

They mentioned his possible move to Florida as a WR coach, but think he may still consider an OC spot due to his image needing a rehab and the position along with better pay not being as big of a drop... Still most mizzou fans want Chaney, including me.

Edited by MizzouMark, 03 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I would suck a fart out of her ass and hold it in like a bong hit
Posted Image

#22
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,405
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,709

View PostTheRealBrave, on 03 December 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Going from head coach to WR coach... that's gotta sting.

View PostMizzouMark, on 03 December 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

They mentioned his possible move to Florida as a WR coach, but think he may still consider an OC spot due to his image needing a rehab and the position along with better pay not being as big of a drop... Still most mizzou fans want Chaney, including me.

Yep, I figure he's only here to stay in the game until something better comes along.
He was  good OC when Rich Brooks was the head man.

#23
StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

    conquer and prevail

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    12,426
  • Joined:
    Mar 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,698
Tony Franklin will call 60 screens a game.

You don't want him.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image