BBVA Compass Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh - Page 10 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 10

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

BBVA Compass Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

Poll: Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Ole Miss (28 votes [90.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.32%

2. Pittsburgh (3 votes [9.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

back from the game. fri night dinner at j something in the 5 point area. sat night dinner at bonefish. was on row 1. one of the kids, i say kids he is 22, was on the pitt mascot all game long. everytime the panther, roc, did some play fighting at him he would do the discount double check back at him. we made the so called jumbo tron several times. i thought the offense played average but had good numbers. i thought the defense played very well. boys we owned that stadium. there was nothing but red throughout the entire stadium. i yelled goldenrebel several times to see if he would look up but never did. never sat down the entire game. damn it was good to drink beer at the game. damn it was good to drink beer at the game. damn it was good to drink beer at the game. Ole Miss merchandise was sold out except for a couple of tee shirts by 10 am. never felt the cold but at the end of the game felt it best to leave cause of rain. only missed the trophy ceremony. too much fun this weekend. wife is already in bed taking a nap.
Anyone who says we didn't do all in our power to stimulate the B Ham economy is a liar. lol

Edited by ForwardRebels, 06 January 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

back from the game. fri night dinner at j something in the 5 point area. sat night dinner at bonefish. was on row 1. one of the kids, i say kids he is 22, was on the pitt mascot all game long. everytime the panther, roc, did some play fighting at him he would do the discount double check back at him. we made the so called jumbo tron several times. i thought the offense played average but had good numbers. i thought the defense played very well. boys we owned that stadium. there was nothing but red throughout the entire stadium. i yelled goldenrebel several times to see if he would look up but never did. never sat down the entire game. damn it was good to drink beer at the game. damn it was good to drink beer at the game. damn it was good to drink beer at the game. Ole Miss merchandise was sold out except for a couple of tee shirts by 10 am. never felt the cold but at the end of the game felt it best to leave cause of rain. only missed the trophy ceremony. too much fun this weekend. wife is already in bed taking a nap.
Did you get to drink beer ???
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
you got that right. out of the 59,000 plus i would say a minimum of 50,000 were Ole Miss fans at the game. I know several that went to the game and sent their wife shopping during the game. If all 50,000 and then some spent what i did there is no reason bbva shouldn't get all their outstanding loans paid off.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 06 January 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Did you get to drink beer ???

they were so good i drank 8 of those $5 beers!!!
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 06 January 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

they were so good i drank 8 of those $5 beers!!!

I had a few of the $5 yuenglings myself.

RedRebelBlue

RedRebelBlue
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My wife went to the last Cotton Bowl, and she didn't really have much of an idea how bad Legion Field was. On the way down there, I tried to warn her that, after going to Cowboys Stadium, this would be one of the biggest let downs she had ever seen.

I wasn't wrong. Legion is every bit the shit hole I remember. The surrounding neighborhood looked exactly like a bombed out Afghanistan. I felt genuinely bad for Pitt fans, knowing that this was their third straight trip here. Hell, if Ole Miss were invited back there next year, I can't imagine either of us showing much interest in returning.

BUT....getting to mingle with 50,000 Rebel fans was fun. It was a great season. I couldn't be more excited about our future.

Hope Coach Freeze stays the course.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the only ghetto i saw was when i was at the stadium. didn't pay any attention to it cause once i parked at the stadium i didn't look at anything but the stadium and the people. the piss line outside portolettes was long unless you got in the line that was next to the handicap one. our line split off as you got closer. i told those folks to get out of the way if a handicap person pulled up to the portoflush and all i was told that the way i put that was wrong.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good win, Rebs; repped the conference proper.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Throw it in the dirt! (DIRT!)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i already cant wait for next year, especially if we get an excellent class

Posted Image

#12 Ole Miss Rebels Baseball

30-12 (10-8)

Next Series: @Kentucky

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 07 January 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

i already cant wait for next year, especially if we get an excellent class

Don't wish your life away. Bask in the moment of watching a team materialize out of nothing. A team that wasn't expected to do squat went 7-6 winning a bowl game, made almost every game exciting to watch, came within one play of beating atm, one play of beating vandy, and one play of beating lsu. That's right, one play in each of those games and we coulda been 10-3 this year. That is a huge step from what we all expected and feared at this time last year. This time last year we had very few scholly players and many had to get their butts in class to get grades right. This time last year we worried we may not be able to field a team. Instead we got more than we could ever have asked. Those young men turned everything around. They made us proud of them. So hang loose and enjoy the moment. These young men deserve it and more. It's a good day to be a Rebel.

Edited by bbqit, 07 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 07 January 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Don't wish your life away. Bask in the moment of watching a team materialize out of nothing. A team that wasn't expected to do squat went 7-6 winning a bowl game, made almost every game exciting to watch, came within one play of beating atm, one play of beating vandy, and one play of beating lsu. That's right, one play in each of those games and we coulda been 10-3 this year. That is a huge step from what we all expected and feared at this time last year. This time last year we had very few scholly players and many had to get their butts in class to get grades right. This time last year we worried we may not be able to field a team. Instead we got more than we could ever have asked. Those young men turned everything around. They made us proud of them. So hang loose and enjoy the moment. These young men deserve it and more. It's a good day to be a Rebel.

I promise it was like Nutt deliberately tried to ruin ya'll. I miss him already. :trollface:
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 07 January 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I promise it was like Nutt deliberately tried to ruin ya'll. I miss him already. :trollface:

mudderfawker took our money too.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 07 January 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

mudderfawker took our money too.

At the very end, it was money well spent to get him the hell out of Oxford. I am sure most OM can agree that it was worth every penny.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 07 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

At the very end, it was money well spent to get him the hell out of Oxford. I am sure most OM can agree that it was worth every penny.

its ok. somehow we will get him like they did oj. set him up and nab our money back.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

jboliver

jboliver

Colonel Rebel 4 Life!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostSECats, on 03 December 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Bears - 35
Pitt - 24
  Hate the way were not the bears! i guess your 2 stupid 2 realize that. whos ur team? kentucky?? do they even play football anymore!