Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

  1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.86%

  2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,698
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,029

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 December 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

The ones we wore vs. Auburn and Hawaii when we kicked their asses. and the same one Alabama kicked our asses in.

That's what I thought.
At least they weren't the one y'all wore against us.
Those were ugly.
But I think ours in 2006 might be the fugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

#92
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,797
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,035

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

That's what I thought.
At least they weren't the one y'all wore against us.
Those were ugly.
But I think ours in 2006 might be the fugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

I like to pretend those 2009 WLOCP uniforms never happened. Or that season, for that matter.
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

#93
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,698
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,029
I used to want to forget 2010.
Then I remember the WLOCP and it makes the whole season worth cherishing.

#94
rwspear

rwspear

    game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,474
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    May 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,222
logic tells me arkansas is better than georgia if georgia doesnt score 70 on nebraska.

LOGIC.

#95
Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

    Disney Dawg

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,808
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Nov 2006
  • Location:
    Greenville, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,848
The black jerseys are retired. We should have worn them about twice a decade, but we blew our load and overused them.

I think they look great too, but I believe McGarity said they weren't going to be worn either ever or for a very long time.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

#96
ABQAG

ABQAG
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    151
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    54
i liked Nebraska  and the fans (been there 2x and had a great time both times)...However BO PELINI = LANE KIFFIN. Ruining the school's reputation every second he is alive.

#97
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    221
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    42
Who is the home team for this game (I have seen conflicting things on this on the internet)?  Nebraska always does better (it seems to me) when they are in their Red home jerseys (they went undefeated at home this year).  I want to say Nebraska is the home team because they were in this bowl last year and they were the "road" team.  Does it switch off every year between the Big Ten team and the SEC team?  Or is it determined by who has the better record/BCS Standing?  Anyone know?  Truth is, Nebraska will likely lose by a couple touchdowns no matter what color they are wearing...I just think they look way cooler in their home jerseys.
Posted Image

#98
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    221
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    42

View PostABQAG, on 06 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

i liked Nebraska  and the fans (been there 2x and had a great time both times)...However BO PELINI = LANE KIFFIN. Ruining the school's reputation every second he is alive.

I'm not a big fan of Pelini.  I don't like his serious issues with controlling his emotions...especially on the sidelines.  His major plus in the past is that he is a genius on defense but that is now going out the window when it comes to stopping the run (against the pass Nebraska is solid.....#1 in the nation this year).  Still, I do want Pelini to go.
Posted Image

#99
GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,360
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Mar 2005
  • Location:
    L.A. (Lower Alabama)
  • Cash:
    950
  • High Fives:
    3,458

View Postsblad, on 07 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Who is the home team for this game (I have seen conflicting things on this on the internet)?  Nebraska always does better (it seems to me) when they are in their Red home jerseys (they went undefeated at home this year).  I want to say Nebraska is the home team because they were in this bowl last year and they were the "road" team.  Does it switch off every year between the Big Ten team and the SEC team?  Or is it determined by who has the better record/BCS Standing?  Anyone know?  Truth is, Nebraska will likely lose by a couple touchdowns no matter what color they are wearing...I just think they look way cooler in their home jerseys.
I think it's done by rankings.  I checked the odds on the Bowl Games on USAToday.com and they show Georgia in capital letters, which usually means they are considered the home team.  Similarly, the higher ranked teams are in caps for all the games.
2014-15 Basketball (5-3, 0-0)
12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY); 1/7/15 Florida; 1/10/15 at Ole Miss; 1/13/15 Alabama; 1/17/15 at Auburn; 1/20/15 Tennessee; 1/24/15 Kentucky; 1/28/15 at LSU; 1/31/15 Georgia; 2/3/15 at Arkansas; 2/7/15 at Vanderbilt; 2/10/15 Missouri; 2/14/15 at Kentucky; 2/17/15 at Georgia; 2/21/15 Texas A&M; 2/24/15 at Alabama; 2/28/15 Mississippi State; 3/5/15 Arkansas; 3/7/15 at Tennessee

2014 Football (6-6, 3-5)
12/27/14 vs. Miami (FL) in Shreveport, LA (Independence Bowl)

2015 Baseball (0-0, 0-0)
2/13/15-2/15/15 College of Charleston; 2/17/15 Furman; 2/20/15-2/22/15 Northeastern; 2/24/15 Davidson; 2/27/15 at Clemson; 2/28/15 Clemson (Greenville, SC); 3/1/15 Clemson; 3/3/15 Charleston Southern; 3/6/15-3/8/15 Miami (OH); 3/10/15-3/11/15 Penn State; 3/13/15-3/15/15 Kentucky; 3/17/15 Winthrop; 3/20/15-3/22/15 at Missouri; 3/24/15 at Coastal Carolina; 3/27/15-3/29/15 Georgia; 3/31/15 at The Citadel; 4/3/15-4/5/15 at Mississippi State; 4/7/15 Appalachian State; 4/8/15 The Citadel; 4/10/15-4/12/15 at Florida; 4/14/15 Presbyterian; 4/17/15-4/19/15 Vanderbilt; 4/21/15 Furman; 4/24/15-4/26/15 at Tennessee; 5/1/15-5/3/15 Auburn; 5/6/15 Wofford; 5/8/15-5/10/15 at Texas A&M; 5/12/15 USC Upstate; 5/14/15-5/16/15 LSU

#100
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    221
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    42

View PostGAMECOCK_FAN, on 07 December 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I think it's done by rankings.  I checked the odds on the Bowl Games on USAToday.com and they show Georgia in capital letters, which usually means they are considered the home team.  Similarly, the higher ranked teams are in caps for all the games.

Thanks for the answer!
Posted Image

#101
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    221
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    42
Does the fact that Mark Richt was born in Omaha and grew up a Nebraska fan (at least for his formative years) mean he will take the foot off the gas pedal against a Nebraska Team they might normally be able to hang 40 or 50 on?  I see a 35-21 final with Georgia winning.
Posted Image

#102
Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,901
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,834
Fiancee got me tickets to his game for Christmas along with a UGA G-String for her to wear to the game. Haha gotta love her.
Just took off 12-28/29/30/31-2012 & 1-1-2013 from work. Dawgfan is makin the trip.  Cant wait. Go Dawgs

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)


Posted Image


#103
Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,901
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,834

View Postsblad, on 10 December 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Does the fact that Mark Richt was born in Omaha and grew up a Nebraska fan (at least for his formative years) mean he will take the foot off the gas pedal against a Nebraska Team they might normally be able to hang 40 or 50 on?  I see a 35-21 final with Georgia winning.
Once UGA hits 40's unless the game is close; we usually dont score after that point. Not only do they take their foot off the gas but more like put it in neutral and slow to a stop.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)


Posted Image


#104
Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,901
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,834
Anyone else going?

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)


Posted Image


#105
Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,901
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,834
Packed and ready to go. Can't wait till gameday

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)


Posted Image