Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska - Page 6 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 6

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

  1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.86%

  2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    201
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    40
Nebraska is #1 in the Nation against the pass but they are an atrocious like 92nd(???) against the run.  I'm assuming Georgia will try to pound the ball and have a lot of success against Nebraska but I don't know how much Georgia likes to stay balanced with the pass/run mix or not---or do they simply stick with what is working (like Wisconsin did against Nebraska last week).  If I was the Offensive Coordinator I don't know if I would pass the ball at all (save maybe 10 throws like Wisconsin did) despite how good of a passing game Georgia has.  If Georgia throws the ball 25plus times I think the game is close.  If they they keep it around 10-15 I think Georgia wins by 17.
Posted Image

#77
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,957
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,309
Rumor has it the Dawgs gonna wear black. I hope so, that'd be cool.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#78
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,275
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    50
  • High Fives:
    12,300

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 December 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Rumor has it the Dawgs gonna wear black. I hope so, that'd be cool.

I hope so too.

#79
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,957
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,309

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I hope so too.

Meh, I'm talking about our black home uniforms. They had nothing to do with winning or losing.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#80
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,275
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    50
  • High Fives:
    12,300

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Meh, I'm talking about our black home uniforms. They had nothing to do with winning or losing.

Unis never do.
I don't know which ones you're talking about though?

#81
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,957
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,309

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Unis never do.
I don't know which ones you're talking about though?

Posted Image

The ones we wore vs. Auburn and Hawaii when we kicked their asses. and the same one Alabama kicked our asses in. I think they look slick and I wish we'd wear them once a season.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 06 December 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#82
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,275
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    50
  • High Fives:
    12,300

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 December 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

The ones we wore vs. Auburn and Hawaii when we kicked their asses. and the same one Alabama kicked our asses in.

That's what I thought.
At least they weren't the one y'all wore against us.
Those were ugly.
But I think ours in 2006 might be the fugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

#83
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,957
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,309

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

That's what I thought.
At least they weren't the one y'all wore against us.
Those were ugly.
But I think ours in 2006 might be the fugliest uniforms I've ever seen.

I like to pretend those 2009 WLOCP uniforms never happened. Or that season, for that matter.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#84
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,275
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    50
  • High Fives:
    12,300
I used to want to forget 2010.
Then I remember the WLOCP and it makes the whole season worth cherishing.

#85
rwspear

rwspear

    game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,828
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    May 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,929
logic tells me arkansas is better than georgia if georgia doesnt score 70 on nebraska.

LOGIC.

#86
Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

    Disney Dawg

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,739
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Nov 2006
  • Location:
    Greenville, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,722
The black jerseys are retired. We should have worn them about twice a decade, but we blew our load and overused them.

I think they look great too, but I believe McGarity said they weren't going to be worn either ever or for a very long time.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

#87
ABQAG

ABQAG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    141
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    54
i liked Nebraska  and the fans (been there 2x and had a great time both times)...However BO PELINI = LANE KIFFIN. Ruining the school's reputation every second he is alive.

#88
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    201
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    40
Who is the home team for this game (I have seen conflicting things on this on the internet)?  Nebraska always does better (it seems to me) when they are in their Red home jerseys (they went undefeated at home this year).  I want to say Nebraska is the home team because they were in this bowl last year and they were the "road" team.  Does it switch off every year between the Big Ten team and the SEC team?  Or is it determined by who has the better record/BCS Standing?  Anyone know?  Truth is, Nebraska will likely lose by a couple touchdowns no matter what color they are wearing...I just think they look way cooler in their home jerseys.
Posted Image

#89
sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    201
  • Joined:
    Dec 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    40

View PostABQAG, on 06 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

i liked Nebraska  and the fans (been there 2x and had a great time both times)...However BO PELINI = LANE KIFFIN. Ruining the school's reputation every second he is alive.

I'm not a big fan of Pelini.  I don't like his serious issues with controlling his emotions...especially on the sidelines.  His major plus in the past is that he is a genius on defense but that is now going out the window when it comes to stopping the run (against the pass Nebraska is solid.....#1 in the nation this year).  Still, I do want Pelini to go.
Posted Image

#90
GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,978
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Mar 2005
  • Location:
    L.A. (Lower Alabama)
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,874

View Postsblad, on 07 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Who is the home team for this game (I have seen conflicting things on this on the internet)?  Nebraska always does better (it seems to me) when they are in their Red home jerseys (they went undefeated at home this year).  I want to say Nebraska is the home team because they were in this bowl last year and they were the "road" team.  Does it switch off every year between the Big Ten team and the SEC team?  Or is it determined by who has the better record/BCS Standing?  Anyone know?  Truth is, Nebraska will likely lose by a couple touchdowns no matter what color they are wearing...I just think they look way cooler in their home jerseys.
I think it's done by rankings.  I checked the odds on the Bowl Games on USAToday.com and they show Georgia in capital letters, which usually means they are considered the home team.  Similarly, the higher ranked teams are in caps for all the games.
2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)