Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 04 December 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Oh I am not, I am judging it off the many trips others have taken and the many encounter stories that used to frequent our Rivals board. let's say I don't like the majority of them, the husker on here seems pretty awesome though, but if you're thinking I dislike them because they used to be so dominant then that's not the case because I have never disliked Sooner fans and Horns fans are tolerable.

Gidnik is pretty tolerable Horns fan. I have respect for Missouri and their fans as well, but I still don't like Chase Daniel, he's a douchebag.
Striker.jpg

#4 Oklahoma 4-0 (1-0) @ #25 TCU 3-0 Oct 4th

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Gidnik is pretty tolerable Horns fan. I have respect for Missouri and their fans as well, but I still don't like Chase Daniel, he's a douchebag.

At least he could back it up though, but yes... yes he was... Have a friend that knew him personally and she always talked bad about him.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also this seems to fit in this discussion somewhere about Martinez... The guy is fast and can torch defenses if you aren't watching him, but I think Georgia's secondary is going to have no respect for this guy at all.

Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just in case you missed it check out this block from Kenny Bell--a wide receiver from Nebraska.  Nebraska (because it does a lot of running really emphasizes that its receivers know how to block).  Unfortunately, the play was flagged for unnecessary roughness--but I think this is just football.  The guy who got hit took a while to get up and he was OK and I read that Kenny Bell sought him out after the game to see how he was doing.  But, in terms of a "hit" this is something to behold.....Georgia's secondary should be ready to get hit.  Here is the youtube link to the incredible block...

Edited by sblad, 05 December 2012 - 08:56 AM.

Posted Image

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope Georgia fans can be excited about playing NEBRASKA even if you may not be excited about this Nebraska team.  FYI, in terms of wins:

Over the past 50 years, Nebraska is the winningest program in college football. Yet, only one of the coaches during that span — Tom Osborne — won more than half his games against opponents ranked in the AP poll. None of those five coaches won more than half of their games against top 10 teams. At the winningest program in college football. http://hailvarsity.c...ke-at-nebraska/

I am excited as a Nebraska fan to see the team play Georgia (my favorite team in the SEC)--I hope some of the sentiment is mutual.  If not, oh well...but if you have any sense of college football history you likely are looking forward to this game seeing how these teams have only played once before.
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 06 December 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I hope Georgia fans can be excited about playing NEBRASKA even if you may not be excited about this Nebraska team.  FYI, in terms of wins:

Over the past 50 years, Nebraska is the winningest program in college football. Yet, only one of the coaches during that span — Tom Osborne — won more than half his games against opponents ranked in the AP poll. None of those five coaches won more than half of their games against top 10 teams. At the winningest program in college football. http://hailvarsity.c...ke-at-nebraska/

I am excited as a Nebraska fan to see the team play Georgia (my favorite team in the SEC)--I hope some of the sentiment is mutual.  If not, oh well...but if you have any sense of college football history you likely are looking forward to this game seeing how these teams have only played once before.

The only reason I am going is to hit the beach for a few days. The game will be a slaughter of epic proportions.

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 06 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

The only reason I am going is to hit the beach for a few days. The game will be a slaughter of epic proportions.

It could be a slaughter but Nebraska does a Jekyl and Hyde thing this year.  It depends on which Nebraska team shows up (and of course which Georgia team shows up...i.e. the one against Florida/Alabama or the one against South Carolina).
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 06 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

It could be a slaughter but Nebraska does a Jekyl and Hyde thing this year.  It depends on which Nebraska team shows up (and of course which Georgia team shows up...i.e. the one against Florida/Alabama or the one against South Carolina).

If the USC team shows it up it might be a good game.

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Georgia 38
Nebraska 24

Nebraska will feel the wrath of a pissed off Georgia team.
Posted Image

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nebraska is #1 in the Nation against the pass but they are an atrocious like 92nd(???) against the run.  I'm assuming Georgia will try to pound the ball and have a lot of success against Nebraska but I don't know how much Georgia likes to stay balanced with the pass/run mix or not---or do they simply stick with what is working (like Wisconsin did against Nebraska last week).  If I was the Offensive Coordinator I don't know if I would pass the ball at all (save maybe 10 throws like Wisconsin did) despite how good of a passing game Georgia has.  If Georgia throws the ball 25plus times I think the game is close.  If they they keep it around 10-15 I think Georgia wins by 17.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Rumor has it the Dawgs gonna wear black. I hope so, that'd be cool.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 December 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Rumor has it the Dawgs gonna wear black. I hope so, that'd be cool.

I hope so too.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

I hope so too.

Meh, I'm talking about our black home uniforms. They had nothing to do with winning or losing.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 06 December 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Meh, I'm talking about our black home uniforms. They had nothing to do with winning or losing.

Unis never do.
I don't know which ones you're talking about though?

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 06 December 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Unis never do.
I don't know which ones you're talking about though?

Posted Image

The ones we wore vs. Auburn and Hawaii when we kicked their asses. and the same one Alabama kicked our asses in. I think they look slick and I wish we'd wear them once a season.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 06 December 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image