Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska - Page 5 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 5

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 04 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

You are such a badass.
Really showed grandma up. LMAO
She was like 40. Lol acted like a complete twit.. The Gator fans behind me were cool but everyone else around us was bitching about us sitting down. Not cussing and all that crap.

Like hey its a college football game. Not a place for a 5 year old kid who you dont want exposed to crazyness. Haha all in all it was a great time.. they will not soon forget this Bulldog.

Posted ImagePosted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

That's probably how they felt watching you all season, and they probably feel the same about your bowl ga......oh wait.

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Agreed. I've been several games in Norman and even 1 game in Lincoln, Nebraska fans are by far the classiest I have ever seen, and generally pretty damn knowledgable about football as well.

Your experiences would be different had you been raised a Tiger, and just because this board has a really classy husker doesn't reflect the fan base at all.  I only ever made the road trip to Lincoln one time in my entire life because of the repeated disrespectful ways Huskers would talk to Mizzou fans around me, and sometimes including my family with absolutely no provocation, and it wasn't ever in just a friendly joking manner...Hell I was at an airport in Nebrasaka talking to an ISU fan and a Nebraska guy walks by and goes "you both suck hahaha"... Mizzou has only been good recently, which seriously only made things worse between us and the Huskers, different fan bases feel differently towards each other.  In the big 12 OU disliked Texas and other southern schools due to a more natural rivalry and Mizzou is completely indifferent towards those schools and now share a mutual respect for TAMU much like your mutual respect for Nebraska and your indifference towards Kansas.  It varies fan base to fan base, but from my experience Nebraska fans make Kansas fans look civil.

Edited by MizzouMark, 04 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nebraska's offense has not been as good it seems (in the little I've seen them this year) as they were last year. T-Mart just is not a good QB. Burkhead can get some gains here and there, but I think they must have OL issues because his stats don't look as impressive as when I checked them out before we played them last year, some of what has to do with having a lot less carries this year however. Even though Georgia's rush D is what is keeping them out of the top 10 nationally in total defense, I don't see Nebraska giving them many issues rushing after the half.

Nebraska's D speaks for itself. Georgia will be able to have a practice session on offense.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 04 December 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Your experiences would be different had you been raised a Tiger, and just because this board has a really classy husker doesn't reflect the fan base at all.  I only ever made the road trip to Lincoln one time in my entire life because of the repeated disrespectful ways Huskers would talk to Mizzou fans around me, and sometimes including my family with absolutely no provocation, and it wasn't ever in just a friendly joking manner...Hell I was at an airport in Nebrasaka talking to an ISU fan and a Nebraska guy walks by and goes "you both suck hahaha"... Mizzou has only been good recently, which seriously only made things worse between us and the Huskers, different fan bases feel differently towards each other.  In the big 12 OU disliked Texas and other southern schools due to a more natural rivalry and Mizzou is completely indifferent towards those schools and now share a mutual respect for TAMU much like your mutual respect for Nebraska and your indifference towards Kansas.  It varies fan base to fan base, but from my experience Nebraska fans make Kansas fans look civil.

I'm not going to pretend that I read all of that....but, you cant judge an entire fanbase in 1 trip and every fanbase has complete a-holes. Secondly, I'm not indifferent to Kansas, they have just never really been a threat to OU in football. Maybe if they were, I would grow to dislike them.

Edited by BlackSheep 171, 04 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 04 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Our rush D stats are slightly skewed due to the fact that we played two triple-option teams in the final two weeks of the regular season, and obviously Alabama ran at will on us but nobody has an O-line that good.

It just seems to that its been easier to gain yards on the ground against Georgia since the 3-4. And your secondary is great. Alabama is a great rushing team but 340 some odd rushing yards is unacceptable I would think with the talent. But what is your rushing yards per game as opposed to some other teams?

Heck I just realized that Georgia wasnt even in the top 50 in rush defense.

Edited by bmccall, 04 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I'm not going to pretend that I read all of that....but, you cant judge an entire fanbase in 1 trip and every fanbase has complete a-holes. Secondly, I'm not indifferent to Kansas, they have just never really been a threat to OU in football. Maybe if they were, I would grow to dislike them.

Oh I am not, I am judging it off the many trips others have taken and the many encounter stories that used to frequent our Rivals board. let's say I don't like the majority of them, the husker on here seems pretty awesome though, but if you're thinking I dislike them because they used to be so dominant then that's not the case because I have never disliked Sooner fans and Horns fans are tolerable.

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 04 December 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Oh I am not, I am judging it off the many trips others have taken and the many encounter stories that used to frequent our Rivals board. let's say I don't like the majority of them, the husker on here seems pretty awesome though, but if you're thinking I dislike them because they used to be so dominant then that's not the case because I have never disliked Sooner fans and Horns fans are tolerable.

Gidnik is pretty tolerable Horns fan. I have respect for Missouri and their fans as well, but I still don't like Chase Daniel, he's a douchebag.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Gidnik is pretty tolerable Horns fan. I have respect for Missouri and their fans as well, but I still don't like Chase Daniel, he's a douchebag.

At least he could back it up though, but yes... yes he was... Have a friend that knew him personally and she always talked bad about him.

Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also this seems to fit in this discussion somewhere about Martinez... The guy is fast and can torch defenses if you aren't watching him, but I think Georgia's secondary is going to have no respect for this guy at all.

Posted Image

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just in case you missed it check out this block from Kenny Bell--a wide receiver from Nebraska.  Nebraska (because it does a lot of running really emphasizes that its receivers know how to block).  Unfortunately, the play was flagged for unnecessary roughness--but I think this is just football.  The guy who got hit took a while to get up and he was OK and I read that Kenny Bell sought him out after the game to see how he was doing.  But, in terms of a "hit" this is something to behold.....Georgia's secondary should be ready to get hit.  Here is the youtube link to the incredible block...

Edited by sblad, 05 December 2012 - 08:56 AM.

Posted Image

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope Georgia fans can be excited about playing NEBRASKA even if you may not be excited about this Nebraska team.  FYI, in terms of wins:

Over the past 50 years, Nebraska is the winningest program in college football. Yet, only one of the coaches during that span — Tom Osborne — won more than half his games against opponents ranked in the AP poll. None of those five coaches won more than half of their games against top 10 teams. At the winningest program in college football. http://hailvarsity.c...ke-at-nebraska/

I am excited as a Nebraska fan to see the team play Georgia (my favorite team in the SEC)--I hope some of the sentiment is mutual.  If not, oh well...but if you have any sense of college football history you likely are looking forward to this game seeing how these teams have only played once before.
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 06 December 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I hope Georgia fans can be excited about playing NEBRASKA even if you may not be excited about this Nebraska team.  FYI, in terms of wins:

Over the past 50 years, Nebraska is the winningest program in college football. Yet, only one of the coaches during that span — Tom Osborne — won more than half his games against opponents ranked in the AP poll. None of those five coaches won more than half of their games against top 10 teams. At the winningest program in college football. http://hailvarsity.c...ke-at-nebraska/

I am excited as a Nebraska fan to see the team play Georgia (my favorite team in the SEC)--I hope some of the sentiment is mutual.  If not, oh well...but if you have any sense of college football history you likely are looking forward to this game seeing how these teams have only played once before.

The only reason I am going is to hit the beach for a few days. The game will be a slaughter of epic proportions.

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 06 December 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

The only reason I am going is to hit the beach for a few days. The game will be a slaughter of epic proportions.

It could be a slaughter but Nebraska does a Jekyl and Hyde thing this year.  It depends on which Nebraska team shows up (and of course which Georgia team shows up...i.e. the one against Florida/Alabama or the one against South Carolina).
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 06 December 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

It could be a slaughter but Nebraska does a Jekyl and Hyde thing this year.  It depends on which Nebraska team shows up (and of course which Georgia team shows up...i.e. the one against Florida/Alabama or the one against South Carolina).

If the USC team shows it up it might be a good game.

Stefanozz

Stefanozz
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Georgia 38
Nebraska 24

Nebraska will feel the wrath of a pissed off Georgia team.
Posted Image