Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 04 December 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Oh shit, I have to warn her before it's too late. Chalk doesn't concern me though, I know for a fact that he is currently on his honey moon with Spunk in Aruba.
I lol'ed
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The following was posted by a Georgia fan.  Is this true of the Georgia defense?  

"Nebraska's offense matches up well against our defense, primarily due to the presence of the Bulldog defense's kryptonite: a mobile quarterback. Taylor Martinez is the Huskers' primary offensive threat, and he's a dang good one, too. Martinez has over 2,600 yards passing on the year and nearly 1,000 yards rushing. And in addition to Martinez's 1,000 yards, the Huskers have another 1,000 yard rusher in Ameer Abdullah, as well. In short, Nebraska has an offense that is very dangerous, and is well-matched against our defense's weaknesses."
Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 04 December 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

The following was posted by a Georgia fan.  Is this true of the Georgia defense?  

"Nebraska's offense matches up well against our defense, primarily due to the presence of the Bulldog defense's kryptonite: a mobile quarterback. Taylor Martinez is the Huskers' primary offensive threat, and he's a dang good one, too. Martinez has over 2,600 yards passing on the year and nearly 1,000 yards rushing. And in addition to Martinez's 1,000 yards, the Huskers have another 1,000 yard rusher in Ameer Abdullah, as well. In short, Nebraska has an offense that is very dangerous, and is well-matched against our defense's weaknesses."
Might be overstating that a bit. Driskel is pretty mobile and he didnt do much on the ground against UGA. Mobile QBs have some success against our D usually in the first half until halftime adjustments are made.  Havent watched TM at all so not sure how good he is tho.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Might be overstating that a bit. Driskel is pretty mobile and he didnt do much on the ground against UGA. Mobile QBs have some success against our D usually in the first half until halftime adjustments are made.  Havent watched TM at all so not sure how good he is tho.

Go watch the run he had in the 1st quarter B1G championship vs Wisconsin. He is a way better runner than Driskel.
76 yard TD run vs Wisconsin and a 92 yard run vs UCLA a few years back. Dude can fly.

Edited by BlackSheep 171, 04 December 2012 - 01:30 PM.

Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

How good is Taylor Martinez?  He fumbles and he throws interceptions but in terms of raw talent watch this Youtube clip:
Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 04 December 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

How good is Taylor Martinez?  He fumbles and he throws interceptions but in terms of raw talent watch this Youtube clip:
Haha reminds me of Jaccory Harris.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Sat on the Gaytor side last year at the WLOCP. Was surrounded by Gata fans.

One lady grabbed my arm and put her finger in my face and said show sum respect because i yelled Go Dawgs during the UF band playing.. Cop pulled me and her out of the crowd and when i was leaving all the Gaytor fans around us started singing...nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey ...goodbye.

Cop asked me what happened, i told him, he told me to head back up and layed into this woman. Said if she ever touched anyone again he would throw her ass in jail. Lol. I walked by her smirking...

Got back to the stands and when they Gata fans looked at me i said, "look whos back bitches"...they were less than happy to see me.

Then some smartass asked me for a drink out of my flask when UF was up.. i just ignored him.  THen UGA took the lead...i was offering cocktails and asking those :lanekiffin:ers where they were going because they were headed out 3 min to go in the 4th. lol Was rattling my keys and everything.

I got the last laugh and it was a blast.. Nothing better then some butthurt Gata fans.

I had the opposite experience there this year sitting in the Gator section. I was around MOSTLY old Gator fans who were very, very nice and respectful. They were fussing at the younger Gator fans for being extreme shit-heads (not to me - but to the older Gator fans).
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Sat on the Gaytor side last year at the WLOCP. Was surrounded by Gata fans.

One lady grabbed my arm and put her finger in my face and said show sum respect because i yelled Go Dawgs during the UF band playing.. Cop pulled me and her out of the crowd and when i was leaving all the Gaytor fans around us started singing...nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey ...goodbye.

Cop asked me what happened, i told him, he told me to head back up and layed into this woman. Said if she ever touched anyone again he would throw her ass in jail. Lol. I walked by her smirking...

Got back to the stands and when they Gata fans looked at me i said, "look whos back bitches"...they were less than happy to see me.

Then some smartass asked me for a drink out of my flask when UF was up.. i just ignored him.  THen UGA took the lead...i was offering cocktails and asking those :lanekiffin:ers where they were going because they were headed out 3 min to go in the 4th. lol Was rattling my keys and everything.

I got the last laugh and it was a blast.. Nothing better then some butthurt Gata fans.

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Yea i sat in the Student section first row this year. was literally on the field. the students behind us were going nuts and i was running into the middle of them and picking people up celebrating Lol.  Called some UF fans some pussies and got warned by a rent a cop... I guess UF started this chant when the other team gets a penalty they chant, "Move back you suck"...or something.. so yea the UGA student section adopted that the remainder of the evening.

You are such a badass.
Really showed grandma up. LMAO

View PostTheRealBrave, on 04 December 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

I had the opposite experience there this year sitting in the Gator section. I was around MOSTLY old Gator fans who were very, very nice and respectful. They were fussing at the younger Gator fans for being extreme shit-heads (not to me - but to the older Gator fans).

You probably knew better than to act like a Posted Imageing idiot in the middle of the opposing fan section.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 04 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

You are such a badass.
Really showed grandma up. LMAO
She was like 40. Lol acted like a complete twit.. The Gator fans behind me were cool but everyone else around us was bitching about us sitting down. Not cussing and all that crap.

Like hey its a college football game. Not a place for a 5 year old kid who you dont want exposed to crazyness. Haha all in all it was a great time.. they will not soon forget this Bulldog.

Posted Image

Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

That's probably how they felt watching you all season, and they probably feel the same about your bowl ga......oh wait.

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Agreed. I've been several games in Norman and even 1 game in Lincoln, Nebraska fans are by far the classiest I have ever seen, and generally pretty damn knowledgable about football as well.

Your experiences would be different had you been raised a Tiger, and just because this board has a really classy husker doesn't reflect the fan base at all.  I only ever made the road trip to Lincoln one time in my entire life because of the repeated disrespectful ways Huskers would talk to Mizzou fans around me, and sometimes including my family with absolutely no provocation, and it wasn't ever in just a friendly joking manner...Hell I was at an airport in Nebrasaka talking to an ISU fan and a Nebraska guy walks by and goes "you both suck hahaha"... Mizzou has only been good recently, which seriously only made things worse between us and the Huskers, different fan bases feel differently towards each other.  In the big 12 OU disliked Texas and other southern schools due to a more natural rivalry and Mizzou is completely indifferent towards those schools and now share a mutual respect for TAMU much like your mutual respect for Nebraska and your indifference towards Kansas.  It varies fan base to fan base, but from my experience Nebraska fans make Kansas fans look civil.

Edited by MizzouMark, 04 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nebraska's offense has not been as good it seems (in the little I've seen them this year) as they were last year. T-Mart just is not a good QB. Burkhead can get some gains here and there, but I think they must have OL issues because his stats don't look as impressive as when I checked them out before we played them last year, some of what has to do with having a lot less carries this year however. Even though Georgia's rush D is what is keeping them out of the top 10 nationally in total defense, I don't see Nebraska giving them many issues rushing after the half.

Nebraska's D speaks for itself. Georgia will be able to have a practice session on offense.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 04 December 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Your experiences would be different had you been raised a Tiger, and just because this board has a really classy husker doesn't reflect the fan base at all.  I only ever made the road trip to Lincoln one time in my entire life because of the repeated disrespectful ways Huskers would talk to Mizzou fans around me, and sometimes including my family with absolutely no provocation, and it wasn't ever in just a friendly joking manner...Hell I was at an airport in Nebrasaka talking to an ISU fan and a Nebraska guy walks by and goes "you both suck hahaha"... Mizzou has only been good recently, which seriously only made things worse between us and the Huskers, different fan bases feel differently towards each other.  In the big 12 OU disliked Texas and other southern schools due to a more natural rivalry and Mizzou is completely indifferent towards those schools and now share a mutual respect for TAMU much like your mutual respect for Nebraska and your indifference towards Kansas.  It varies fan base to fan base, but from my experience Nebraska fans make Kansas fans look civil.

I'm not going to pretend that I read all of that....but, you cant judge an entire fanbase in 1 trip and every fanbase has complete a-holes. Secondly, I'm not indifferent to Kansas, they have just never really been a threat to OU in football. Maybe if they were, I would grow to dislike them.

Edited by BlackSheep 171, 04 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 04 December 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Nebraska's offense has not been as good it seems (in the little I've seen them this year) as they were last year. T-Mart just is not a good QB. Burkhead can get some gains here and there, but I think they must have OL issues because his stats don't look as impressive as when I checked them out before we played them last year, some of what has to do with having a lot less carries this year however. Even though Georgia's rush D is what is keeping them out of the top 10 nationally in total defense, I don't see Nebraska giving them many issues rushing after the half.

Nebraska's D speaks for itself. Georgia will be able to have a practice session on offense.

Our rush D stats are slightly skewed due to the fact that we played two triple-option teams in the final two weeks of the regular season, and obviously Alabama ran at will on us but nobody has an O-line that good.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 04 December 2012 - 07:25 PM.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 04 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Our rush D stats are slightly skewed due to the fact that we played two triple-option teams in the final two weeks of the regular season, and obviously Alabama ran at will on us but nobody has an O-line that good.

It just seems to that its been easier to gain yards on the ground against Georgia since the 3-4. And your secondary is great. Alabama is a great rushing team but 340 some odd rushing yards is unacceptable I would think with the talent. But what is your rushing yards per game as opposed to some other teams?

Heck I just realized that Georgia wasnt even in the top 50 in rush defense.

Edited by bmccall, 04 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I'm not going to pretend that I read all of that....but, you cant judge an entire fanbase in 1 trip and every fanbase has complete a-holes. Secondly, I'm not indifferent to Kansas, they have just never really been a threat to OU in football. Maybe if they were, I would grow to dislike them.

Oh I am not, I am judging it off the many trips others have taken and the many encounter stories that used to frequent our Rivals board. let's say I don't like the majority of them, the husker on here seems pretty awesome though, but if you're thinking I dislike them because they used to be so dominant then that's not the case because I have never disliked Sooner fans and Horns fans are tolerable.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King