Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska - Page 3 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 03 December 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

How do you hate Nebraska?  They're the nicest fans I have ever met.

Agreed. I've been several games in Norman and even 1 game in Lincoln, Nebraska fans are by far the classiest I have ever seen, and generally pretty damn knowledgable about football as well.
Bedlam.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
540- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Agreed. I've been several games in Norman and even 1 game in Lincoln, Nebraska fans are by far the classiest I have ever seen, and generally pretty damn knowledgable about football as well.

Thanks for complimenting Nebraska fans.  We take our football seriously....maybe too much so.
Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 04 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Thanks for complimenting Nebraska fans.  We take our football seriously....maybe too much so.
I will be at this game. I will be more than happy to party with some huskers before the game and fight in the parking lot after...Lol (J/k on the second part)

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 04 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yup. See you in 2021-2022 by the way.
Huskers are easily my favorite B1G team. In not like the Missouri fans, I actually hope Nebraska does well.
I think OU and NU have about as much respect for each others fan base as any rivalry. I assume Mizzou fans hate Neb with a passion. I've always respected Nebraska and we had some epic games in our history.
Bedlam.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
540- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 04 December 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Yup. See you in 2021-2022 by the way.
Huskers are easily my favorite B1G team. In not like the Missouri fans, I actually hope Nebraska does well.
I think OU and NU have about as much respect for each others fan base as any rivalry. I assume Mizzou fans hate Neb with a passion. I've always respected Nebraska and we had some epic games in our history.

I agree.  As a child I used to shoot rubber bands at the TV when Barry Switzer's face was on a game.  But, as an adult I really respect Oklahoma and wish them well.  I am looking forward to the 50th Anniversary in 2021 of the Greatest College Football Game ever played.  I think Missouri fans were tired of all of the beat downs over the years--but in the past decade or so Missouri has been decent.  I don't hate their fans...or anyone's for that matter.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsblad, on 04 December 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

I agree.  As a child I used to shoot rubber bands at the TV when Barry Switzer's face was on a game.  But, as an adult I really respect Oklahoma and wish them well.  I am looking forward to the 50th Anniversary in 2021 of the Greatest College Football Game ever played.  I think Missouri fans were tired of all of the beat downs over the years--but in the past decade or so Missouri has been decent.  I don't hate their fans...or anyone's for that matter.

Dang... you might be older than @razorhead.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anyone else making the trip for this game? I am close to O-Town about 2 hours away so im gonna make the trip just to see Jarvis Jones whip some ass

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 04 December 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Dang... you might be older than @razorhead.

Careful, you posted your mom's age earlier and let me tell you.  She's right in my wheelhouse and you ain't too far down the road from Chalk's place.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrazorhead, on 04 December 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Careful, you posted your mom's age earlier and let me tell you.  She's right in my wheelhouse and you ain't too far down the road from Chalk's place.

Oh shit, I have to warn her before it's too late. Chalk doesn't concern me though, I know for a fact that he is currently on his honey moon with Spunk in Aruba.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 04 December 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Oh shit, I have to warn her before it's too late. Chalk doesn't concern me though, I know for a fact that he is currently on his honey moon with Spunk in Aruba.

Chalk's a queer.  I was referring to the fact that after I get done at his house I can tool on down the road for a little more strange.  Is your mom fat?  Cause that's a plus.

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 04 December 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

I may try. Tough for me to plan on making a trip right now though with the unemployment situation. I'd love to go. Haven't been to Disney since I was a toddler. That takes $$$ though.
Yea i hear ya. Im about 2 hours from Orlando. So we would head out early the day of to setup the tailgate.  Probably get down there about 8:30am for a 1 o'clock game. Plenty of time to drink and party.  Before heading in.  Will see what tix look like first.

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yea i hear ya. Im about 2 hours from Orlando. So we would head out early the day of to setup the tailgate.  Probably get down there about 8:30am for a 1 o'clock game. Plenty of time to drink and party.  Before heading in.  Will see what tix look like first.

I am buying our tickets on the Nebraska side. Nothing better to be standing cheering amid a bunch of the losing fan base. Except LSU that was kind of scary.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 04 December 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

I am buying our tickets on the Nebraska side. Nothing better to be standing cheering amid a bunch of the losing fan base. Except LSU that was kind of scary.
Sat on the Gaytor side last year at the WLOCP. Was surrounded by Gata fans.

One lady grabbed my arm and put her finger in my face and said show sum respect because i yelled Go Dawgs during the UF band playing.. Cop pulled me and her out of the crowd and when i was leaving all the Gaytor fans around us started singing...nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey ...goodbye.

Cop asked me what happened, i told him, he told me to head back up and layed into this woman. Said if she ever touched anyone again he would throw her ass in jail. Lol. I walked by her smirking...

Got back to the stands and when they Gata fans looked at me i said, "look whos back bitches"...they were less than happy to see me.

Then some smartass asked me for a drink out of my flask when UF was up.. i just ignored him.  THen UGA took the lead...i was offering cocktails and asking those Posted Imageers where they were going because they were headed out 3 min to go in the 4th. lol Was rattling my keys and everything.

I got the last laugh and it was a blast.. Nothing better then some butthurt Gata fans.

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 December 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Sat on the Gaytor side last year at the WLOCP. Was surrounded by Gata fans.

One lady grabbed my arm and put her finger in my face and said show sum respect because i yelled Go Dawgs during the UF band playing.. Cop pulled me and her out of the crowd and when i was leaving all the Gaytor fans around us started singing...nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey ...goodbye.

Cop asked me what happened, i told him, he told me to head back up and layed into this woman. Said if she ever touched anyone again he would throw her ass in jail. Lol. I walked by her smirking...

Got back to the stands and when they Gata fans looked at me i said, "look whos back bitches"...they were less than happy to see me.

Then some smartass asked me for a drink out of my flask when UF was up.. i just ignored him.  THen UGA took the lead...i was offering cocktails and asking those :lanekiffin:ers where they were going because they were headed out 3 min to go in the 4th. lol Was rattling my keys and everything.

I got the last laugh and it was a blast.. Nothing better then some butthurt Gata fans.

Cocktail party is always fun! I always try to get seats close to the student section. No telling what you will get to see there!!!

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Cocktail party is always fun! I always try to get seats close to the student section. No telling what you will get to see there!!!
Yea i sat in the Student section first row this year. was literally on the field. the students behind us were going nuts and i was running into the middle of them and picking people up celebrating Lol.  Called some UF fans some pussies and got warned by a rent a cop... I guess UF started this chant when the other team gets a penalty they chant, "Move back you suck"...or something.. so yea the UGA student section adopted that the remainder of the evening.

Posted Image