Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska - Page 2 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Capital One Bowl: Georgia vs. Nebraska

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: Nebraska vs. Georgia (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Nebraska (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Georgia (23 votes [82.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This will be prison rape... I will enjoy every second of watching Nebraska get it's teeth get kicked in and it will be glorious... there is literally not one team in college football that I hate more than Nebraska.  I hope Georgia runs up the score.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How do you hate Nebraska?  They're the nicest fans I have ever met.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So if a Nebraska fan and a Georgia fan have a baby, it comes out an LSU fan?
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If 7-5 Wisky could put up 70 on this sorry NU group, UGA could legitimately put up an even bigger bona fide basketball score on them.

This one's a laugher... UGA by at least 4 TD's, 48-20.
Posted Image

bijoukaiba

bijoukaiba

... or Eimii, that works too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is cool, I can actually apply what I'm studying for a final to bowl predictions.

Changes in status result from changes in testosterone (T).
T levels rise before a big competition, and the winners will continue to show a rise for up to two hours.
The losers' T, however, tends to drop.

Increased T will encourage and prepare the winners for future competition; decreased T may temporarily discourage them from future competition.

I realize strength of opponent and whatnot may play a role, but let's take a look back at 2010. Not a pretty year for Georgia. They lost to UCF in the Liberty Bowl which gave them a season record below .500
Georgia's losses included rivals South Carolina, Florida, and Auburn - a major blow to pride. Although they defeated GT, it was by one score (and worth noting that GT was driving to score at the end of the game until UGA intercepted). Needless to say, jimmies were rustled.
Meanwhile, their opponent for the bowl, UCF, had a three game win streak entering the bowl game, including the C-USA championship, their first conference title. UCF was riding on a lot of energy into the game.

Then next year, UGA improved, only losing to rival USCe, and made it to the SEC title. Where LSU crushed them. They lost to Michigan State in the bowl game that year as well, although in a closer game in OT.
Michigan State went to the Big 10 title game with a 4-game winning streak in their pocket, only to lose... but by three points. They were down, but probably not as much as Georgia.

This year, Georgia was riding a win streak into the SECCG. They lost, but in a very good and close game. Nebraska, meanwhile, was killed in the Big Ten title game ala Orange-Bowl-2011-Clemson.

Both teams lost, but Nebraska is feeling way more pain than UGA. The Bulldogs should be fine.

Posted Image

ABQAG

ABQAG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

????

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 03 December 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Fun fact: Mark Richt is originally from Omaha. He grew up a Huskers fan. Has family that still lives in Nebraska and are big Huskers fans, but big Dawg fans too. He say they call themselves the "Corn Dawgs."

Now tell me that ain't some funny shit.

WTH

how did he make it to miami?

Posted Image

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbijoukaiba, on 03 December 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

This is cool, I can actually apply what I'm studying for a final to bowl predictions.

Changes in status result from changes in testosterone (T).
T levels rise before a big competition, and the winners will continue to show a rise for up to two hours.
The losers' T, however, tends to drop.

Increased T will encourage and prepare the winners for future competition; decreased T may temporarily discourage them from future competition.

I realize strength of opponent and whatnot may play a role, but let's take a look back at 2010. Not a pretty year for Georgia. They lost to UCF in the Liberty Bowl which gave them a season record below .500
Georgia's losses included rivals South Carolina, Florida, and Auburn - a major blow to pride. Although they defeated GT, it was by one score (and worth noting that GT was driving to score at the end of the game until UGA intercepted). Needless to say, jimmies were rustled.
Meanwhile, their opponent for the bowl, UCF, had a three game win streak entering the bowl game, including the C-USA championship, their first conference title. UCF was riding on a lot of energy into the game.

Then next year, UGA improved, only losing to rival USCe, and made it to the SEC title. Where LSU crushed them. They lost to Michigan State in the bowl game that year as well, although in a closer game in OT.
Michigan State went to the Big 10 title game with a 4-game winning streak in their pocket, only to lose... but by three points. They were down, but probably not as much as Georgia.

This year, Georgia was riding a win streak into the SECCG. They lost, but in a very good and close game. Nebraska, meanwhile, was killed in the Big Ten title game ala Orange-Bowl-2011-Clemson.

Both teams lost, but Nebraska is feeling way more pain than UGA. The Bulldogs should be fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Attached File  4115568+_b30a68bad87acd9d4297ebb9238d299d.gif   291.16K   0 downloads
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

bijoukaiba

bijoukaiba

... or Eimii, that works too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
TL;DR - testosterone may play a role in facing competition. Winners may have it "carry over" and help them prepare for future competition.
Losers' testosterone may drop after a loss, which discourages them from competition.

Following a loss, a team may struggle to beat their next opponent. Winners, however, are more pumped up.

Ex: Georgia lost to South Carolina this year 35-7. The next week, they beat Kentucky by only five points.
Ex: South Carolina loses to LSU and gets demolished in the Swamp.
Ex: Mizzou - loses to UGA, beats ASU by 4. Loses to South Carolina, beats UCF by only 5.

Third variables (things to be considered that may also play a role) include injury to key players and strength of opponent.

Eh, I'm studying for an exam today, I was trying to apply stuff I was learning in evolutionary psychology.

Posted Image

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All I hope for is an entertaining game...but I think Georgia wins by 17.  37-20.
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

Edited by Hothotz, 04 December 2012 - 08:38 AM.

sblad

sblad
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Check out this insightful article on the game by a Georgia fan and for a taste of the Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Program.  http://www.dawgsport...ska-cornhuskers
Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Go Dogs...blowout
Posted Image

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 03 December 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

This will be prison rape... I will enjoy every second of watching Nebraska get it's teeth get kicked in and it will be glorious... there is literally not one team in college football that I hate more than Nebraska.  I hope Georgia runs up the score.

That's probably how they felt watching you all season, and they probably feel the same about your bowl ga......oh wait.

Edited by BlackSheep 171, 04 December 2012 - 09:11 AM.

TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)