Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Just gotta love the outlandishness:

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Bulldog17

Bulldog17
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Unicorn lair reportedly discovered by North Koreans

December 02, 2012 03:05 PM EST

Outlandish claims coming out of North Korea are nothing new. However, they may have just topped themselves with the announcement from the official state news agency that archaeologists have discovered a cave preceded by an ancient carving that reads "Unicorn Lair", "belonging to King Tongmyong, founder of the ancient Korean kingdom Koguryo" as stated in the report. Supposedly, this lair was found 220 yards from a temple in the capital, Pyongyang. The carving, which appears on a rectangular rock, according to The Telegraph appears to date back to the Koryo Kingdom (918-1392). The archaeologists were fortunate that the lair was so clearly labeled.

Naturally, this story has met with a fair amount of skeptism. But if this claim is false, what would prompt North Korea to make such an announcement? The answer may be found in a section of the report which reads: "The discovery of the unicorn lair, associated with legend about King Tongmyong, proves that Pyongyang was a capital city of Ancient Korea as well as Koguryo Kingdom". This statement suggests this "discovery" is being used by North Korea to make a case for its dominance over the South.
There are many reasons to doubt the claims of this lair, one of the most obvious is the fact that if these mythical creatures really had existed just over a thousand years ago why wouldn't there be any compelling evidence. MSN also brings up a good point. If this cave was so clearly marked, how did it go unnoticed for 600 years?

It is arguable as to whether it's harder to believe this claim or the tongue-in-cheek article by The Onion, reported as a serious news story by China's Communist party newspaper, that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is the sexiest man alive.

At least they have some broad imaginations...........

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
North Korea is seriously the most insane country in the world, and its headed by the most insane leaders ever.

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
north korea just moved up in my book.  the things you can do with unicorn hair are endless as are the levels of power one possesses with unicorn hair.  we better seek peace with them before we are annihilated.

The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 02 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

north korea just moved up in my book.  the things you can do with unicorn hair are endless as are the levels of power one possesses with unicorn hair.  we better seek peace with them before we are annihilated.

Unicorn hair does make for an excellent wand core.

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
from what i know, unicorn hair pretty much trumps all.  this is a clear act of aggression.  we must get that unicorn hair and the unicorn that bore it.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I knew it.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh I do miss their weekly threats and propaganda. Its been forever since I heard an air raid siren...
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I, for one, welcome our new Korean-Unicorn overlords.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 02 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

from what i know, unicorn hair pretty much trumps all.  this is a clear act of aggression.  we must get that unicorn hair and the unicorn that bore it.

You can also drink unicorn blood to extend your life or even put a stopper to death. We must obtain this immediately.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
obama assembling a seal team as we speak.  operation horny beast.

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
thank me later:

http://games.adultsw...nline-game.html

The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 02 December 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

You can also drink unicorn blood to extend your life or even put a stopper to death. We must obtain this immediately.

I mean it can extend your life but everyone knows its like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

Damien83

Damien83
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They were holed up there with Sasquatch, Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy!!