Mississippi State To Face Northwestern In TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl - Page 2 - Mississippi State News - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Mississippi State To Face Northwestern In TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NW wins...they have more heart and better coach
Posted Image

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Technique is a crutch for the talentless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i see nw as a gritty type of team that can certainly beat the msu team that showed up during the egg bowl.  if we quit like that, nw will win.  seeing that was disgusting.  but....given the extra time, i think we get our heads right.

northwestern has lost 9 consecutive bowl games, and only won one in their history....which was in 1948.  that said, they can be dangerous.  that '09 outback bowl vs auburn, they should have won....and auburn was pretty dang good then.  that was one hell of a game.

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
we sleep-walked through the mcb last year.  my concern level for this bowl is a 5.5 of 10.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 02 December 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

we sleep-walked through the mcb last year.  my concern level for this bowl is a 5.5 of 10.

They aren't bad though man.  They lost 3 games.  One was in OT to Mich.  One was by 1 point.  They have ran the ball very effectively and passed efficiently.  I still think you win, but it will be way more competitive than you're last two bowl games.  They are much better than Wake and actually have a coach unlike Mich

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 02 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

They aren't bad though man.  They lost 3 games.  One was in OT to Mich.  One was by 1 point.  They have ran the ball very effectively and passed efficiently.  I still think you win, but it will be way more competitive than you're last two bowl games.  They are much better than Wake and actually have a coach unlike Mich

oh i agree......i thought 5.5 was pretty high.  they can beat us easily....hell, im not convinced that if they play their best game and we play ours, we win.  they might be an outright better team....so who knows.

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anybody predicting us to win this game hasn't watched us play since the Auburn game
Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the only thing i will say is since mullen has been here, Vegas has been fairly accurate.  We win if we are favorites and we lose if we are underdogs.  Thankfully this line opened us at 2.5 favorites.  This is not me endorsing a victory, however... just passing along info.

FIRE EVERYONE