Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Kirby Smart set to interview at Auburn - Latest Auburn coaching rumors

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 December 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

75% of our roster was recruited to run Gus Malzahns offense. We'll be fine.

Yeah but uh, that defense.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 December 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Supposedly keeping Troopa too.

I think that probably played into it. Also part of the problem, IMO. Sounds like the AU administration is still not planning on giving control of the program to the HC. Why else would you bring in a coach and say "these assistants are staying?"

Same old same old.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

wow.....just wow
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 December 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yeah but uh, that defense.
Still have BVG.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I bet we keep almost everybody, which makes sense for a football program with a ton of discipline issues and lack of respect between players and coaches.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHFS, on 04 December 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Still have BVG.

And that did so we...bah never mind. You know what's up.

You guys aren't a little worried about it being the same ole? Why not just promote Malzahn to HC when he was here ffs, basically what's going on now.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 December 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

I bet we keep almost everybody, which makes sense for a football program with a ton of discipline issues and lack of respect between players and coaches.

Yeah, my respect of the rivalry has me wondering what the FAWK they're thinking over there. It was a cluster fawk and it seems mostly everything is staying the same...

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 December 2012 - 02:46 PM, said:

Yeah, my respect of the rivalry has me wondering what the FAWK they're thinking over there. It was a cluster fawk and it seems mostly everything is staying the same...

It makes no sense at all... Not sure what you Bammers have in the way of info, but I've heard some very disappointing things from a Bammer friend as to why Smart didn't wind up being the coach. Disappointing things on Auburn's end.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 December 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

It makes no sense at all... Not sure what you Bammers have in the way of info, but I've heard some very disappointing things from a Bammer friend as to why Smart didn't wind up being the coach. Disappointing things on Auburn's end.

I'm not up to date on what went down there, feel free to share.

I would of personally like a defensive minded coach, one that actually was involved with the defense. Unlike Chizik.

Interesting hires today, none the less.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlyingEagle, on 04 December 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

It's either that or the process has been so prolonged with him that the call was to tell him no, yes, or "you'll know by tuesday."

If Auburn seriously used that short call as the "interview" and that's all there is to that, then our administration is either fawking with us or they have no idea what they are doing. A 15 minute call does not placate the Auburn fans that want him.
Looks like the phone call was all he got ? Need to tell Jacobs to hit the road.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 04 December 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm not up to date on what went down there, feel free to share.

I would of personally like a defensive minded coach, one that actually was involved with the defense. Unlike Chizik.

Interesting hires today, none the less.

From someone who claims to know Smart, he wanted Pat Dye's involvement with the program to end and Auburn more or less wasn't interested in that happening. Basically, Smart rightfully wanted full control with no meddling and we apparently love our meddling too much.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

From someone who claims to know Smart, he wanted Pat Dye's involvement with the program to end and Auburn more or less wasn't interested in that happening. Basically, Smart rightfully wanted full control with no meddling and we apparently love our meddling too much.

Pat Dye: UGA mole.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 December 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

That doesn't surprise me, just look at this Gus hire. That's freakin sad, makes me kinda mad. I know I'm suppose to dislike/hate Auburn, but that's just pitiful. Someone needs to wake them up over there, guess that won't happen until another couple bad seasons come out. Never know though, Gus may light it up....maybe.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 04 December 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

Pat Dye: UGA mole.

He sure acts like it the way he Posted Images with our program sometimes...

View PostTider27, on 04 December 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

That doesn't surprise me, just look at this Gus hire. That's freakin sad, makes me kinda mad. I know I'm suppose to dislike/hate Auburn, but that's just pitiful. Someone needs to wake them up over there, guess that won't happen until another couple bad seasons come out. Never know though, Gus may light it up....maybe.

We may score some points, but I can't imagine what our defense will look like. Wait, yeah I can, it'll look like it did this year.