Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Mark Richt handles Chuck Oliver, The Clown Fool of College Football Media

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

Georgiaboy2012

Georgiaboy2012
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How can he say Murray didnt play well on the big stage. He marched georgia Down the field like a winner and damn good qb. If not for that crazy play it might have went a different way. But I for one am happy he has been our qb and if decides to enter the draft he'll go down as one of the best qb's in sec history. Just check the record books if you disagree.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 02 December 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

No TRB the point is it is easy to tell another fan base how to deal with loses.  We lost because we were not good enough for whatever reason.  All the "good game don't hang your heads" crap is what you would say to Kentucky or Vandy after a loss.

We were one play away from playing for the national championship. It's not like we got clobbered or were barely competitive. Trust me, this is not a game to go and blame Richt for.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostECDawg, on 02 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Using your dumbass logic, Dooley would have never been around in the late 70s and Herchel would have gone to Clemson instead.

Programs are built and maintained over a long period....it takes some coaches longer than others at certain programs. Alabama has the great luxury of long standing traditions and deep recruiting classes built over time, for which they get great credit.  Also, having 9 extra assistant coaches (known as analysts) is another factor that is hard to overcome in one or two seasons.

I'm convinced Richt, with McGarity's help, will eventually get us there.  We were closer this year than any other season in 30 years.

For clueless ill-informed idiots like you that spew mindless nonsense like you do, then not having the convictions to call for a coaching change.........well you single handedly prove you haven't the first ****ing idea of what you are talking about...........just a blabbling fool without a clue.

Yeah.....because it is the 1970s and everyone keeps their job for 30 years.  UGAs problems are summed up here:  We want it to be the 70s and we think a HCs religion has anything all to do with coaching football.  
I called for his firing in 10' and jerk offs like you didn't want to hear that because he was going to be such a life changing force in the lives of all the kids he coached.  The program was declining in 10 but Richt has worked to bring it back.  Of course year 11 and 12 seems Like an odd time to decide to get the train on the right track.

Edited by CCRider, 02 December 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 02 December 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yeah.....because it is the 1970s and everyone keeps their job for 30 years.  UGAs problems are summed up here:  We want it to be the 70s and we think a HCs religion has anything all to do with coaching football.  
I called for his firing in 10' and jerk offs like you didn't want to hear that because he was going to be such a life changing force in the lives of all the kids he coached.  The program was declining in 10 but Richt has worked to bring it back.  Of course year 11 and 12 seems Like an odd time to decide to get the train on the right track.

Either suggest and promote a better alternative.........or simply STFU.  All of you clowns that have called for Richt's ouster would be the first to jump off the bandwagon again when his successor didn't win an NC within 3 years.  The jerk offs here are the dumb twits like you who want to fire any and everybody if the East is not won 2 out every three years and then win at least 2-3 NCs every decade.

If Richt had been fired in 2010, the odds are great that we would not have been close to winning the East either of the last two years.  Dumbasses like you constantly bring up the religion angle, proving you haven't a frickin clue.  Firing Richt would have likely brought further decline in the program.  There are numerous cases out there that illustrate this.  Who the hell would want to come coach here if you fire the present coach that has won over 72% of his games?

You're a friggin' bloggin' idiot of the lunatic fringe of the fanbase.  Anyone that even mentions dismissing Richt in passing when you're 5 yards short of going to the NC............should be on some other bandwagon until the first bobble of any wheel makes your ass jump off........again.
Posted Image

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.  

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostECDawg, on 02 December 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Either suggest and promote a better alternative.........or simply STFU.  All of you clowns that have called for Richt's ouster would be the first to jump off the bandwagon again when his successor didn't win an NC within 3 years.  The jerk offs here are the dumb twits like you who want to fire any and everybody if the East is not won 2 out every three years and then win at least 2-3 NCs every decade.

If Richt had been fired in 2010, the odds are great that we would not have been close to winning the East either of the last two years.  Dumbasses like you constantly bring up the religion angle, proving you haven't a frickin clue.  Firing Richt would have likely brought further decline in the program.  There are numerous cases out there that illustrate this.  Who the hell would want to come coach here if you fire the present coach that has won over 72% of his games?

You're a friggin' bloggin' idiot of the lunatic fringe of the fanbase.  Anyone that even mentions dismissing Richt in passing when you're 5 yards short of going to the NC............should be on some other bandwagon until the first bobble of any wheel makes your ass jump off........again.
Sabodawgio ????
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

epsilon

epsilon
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Reading this forum reminds me just how pathetic the hardcore college football fans are. The question Oliver asked was perfectly reasonable. I understand Richt being upset, not because of the moment, but because the truth hurts. A lot of fans feel that Richt can't win big games. The record speaks for itself. As for everyone else who's freaking out over this, it's pretty simple. Some people's lives revolve around college football and any little perceived slight against a team/coach/player they care about sends them over the edge. Now, when I picture most of you, I picture you as that guy who's sitting in the stands at the end of a loss, crying, being consoled by his girlfriend. Grow the **** up already. The truth is, Mark Richt is a great recruiter. He's outstanding at getting the top talent in the country to come play for him. But he's a mediocre coach at best. Yes, Georgia gave Bama a run for its money. But the Dawgs were only in this game in the first place by sheer cupcake schedule. They played two real team: S.C. and Florida. S.C. crushed them and Florida + Jarvis Jones beat Florida. This was Georgia's chance to win a national title Next year they add Clemson and LSU to the schedule, and the year after that starts the playoff system. Mark Richt rarely ever beats any top-ranked team. You think he's suddenly going to be able to beat multiple teams in a playoff on the way to the title? Everyone who's complaining about Oliver's question is really only mad about two things. 1. That Richt wasn't smart enough to spike the ball, and it left the Bulldogs 4 yards from a national title. 2. THIS was Georgia's shot. It's over. Georgia will never win a national title under Richt, and that's starting to sink in for a lot of crybaby fans. I'm sorry you're all so butthurt.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postepsilon, on 02 December 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

Reading this forum reminds me just how pathetic the hardcore college football fans are. The question Oliver asked was perfectly reasonable. I understand Richt being upset, not because of the moment, but because the truth hurts. A lot of fans feel that Richt can't win big games. The record speaks for itself. As for everyone else who's freaking out over this, it's pretty simple. Some people's lives revolve around college football and any little perceived slight against a team/coach/player they care about sends them over the edge. Now, when I picture most of you, I picture you as that guy who's sitting in the stands at the end of a loss, crying, being consoled by his girlfriend. Grow the **** up already. The truth is, Mark Richt is a great recruiter. He's outstanding at getting the top talent in the country to come play for him. But he's a mediocre coach at best. Yes, Georgia gave Bama a run for its money. But the Dawgs were only in this game in the first place by sheer cupcake schedule. They played two real team: S.C. and Florida. S.C. crushed them and Florida + Jarvis Jones beat Florida. This was Georgia's chance to win a national title Next year they add Clemson and LSU to the schedule, and the year after that starts the playoff system. Mark Richt rarely ever beats any top-ranked team. You think he's suddenly going to be able to beat multiple teams in a playoff on the way to the title? Everyone who's complaining about Oliver's question is really only mad about two things. 1. That Richt wasn't smart enough to spike the ball, and it left the Bulldogs 4 yards from a national title. 2. THIS was Georgia's shot. It's over. Georgia will never win a national title under Richt, and that's starting to sink in for a lot of crybaby fans. I'm sorry you're all so butthurt.

Thanks for signing up for the board, Chuck Oliver. Now go Posted Image yourself, dumbass.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 02 December 2012 - 11:50 PM.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 02 December 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

You'd probably have fired Tom Osborne if you were a Cornhusker fan when they lost to FSU...
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

Damien83

Damien83
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What a f'ing douche!! Love how Richt handled the situation.

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 02 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

You'd probably have fired Tom Osborne if you were a Cornhusker fan when they lost to FSU...

After the 2010 season Georgia could have fired him but they did not.  All the talk now is mostly humor...like having a meltdown in the third quarter against Missouri. You can't fire a guy after an 11-1 campaign and a SECCG against the best team in the country that came down to one play.

My point in all of this is he cannot:
i) think he is not going to be asked the "why can't you win the big one" question,
ii) he turned it into a question of effort and it was never about effort.  Oliver never said they didn't try he was saying that their best just isn't good enough, and
iii) I personally would like to see that level of emotion from him on a regular basis.

Of course if we are just giving him props because Chuck Oliver is a giant douche then yeah I agree with that.

And no on the Osborne thing......but I would have fired Spurrier after the Nebraska loss (although it would have had more to do with me being a covert UGA agent in the Florida Athletic Department than anything to do with his job performance).

Edited by CCRider, 03 December 2012 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Frankly, I'm surprised that Richt brought the program back so quickly.
I'd still consider it a 3 year down cycle (including last year) and it almost always takes a change at the top to get out of a rut like that.

Not quite sure if he is actually evolving as a coach or if he is still coasting and this is the best he'll do for another 10 years.
I guess we will find out eventually.

Either way, this is definitely not a good year for anyone except a small handful of schools to fire a coach.

Edited by JoeGator, 03 December 2012 - 03:09 PM.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Has anything come of this a-hole and his comments?
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Red Blackman

Red Blackman

Gumpologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Very clever, Chuck. No one would suspect an English major of having such terrible grammar structure and style.

Now take your ass back to Tucker, Mother Fvcker.

Edited by Red Blackman, 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 02 December 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

No, you haven't. I know you keep trying to sell that we're in the same place that you guys were, because it makes you feel better, but we're really not. At all. It's just comical that you keep trying to spin it that way though.

No, they make perfect sense. You're a bitter UT fan. You've watched your program go from being one of the top two to now not even in the top four schools in the East. You are for all intents and purposes irrelevant. You have been ever since Mark Richt came to Athens, and deep down you know that he's a big reason why you're irrelevant now. Whether you'll admit it or not doesn't matter, everyone else knows it.

But you keep harping on your "Mark Richt sucks" thing. It's cute. Really. Hope you enjoy your upcoming hire that will be less impressive than UK's.
I wasnt great at my job the first year, but I learned & adapted & evolved into a good empolyee. Now Im a great employee ! Some things take time,

Crab in the bucket theory.. The crabs in the bucket will never let another crab out the bucket-just keep pulling them back down. Tenn --> we will not be your Dooley crab.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Looks like some egotistical hack writer "Googled" his name to see if people were talking about HIM. Mind reader now ? You truly know what everybody thinks ? Learn how to ask a question Ollie. Good thing he asked Richt and not Nick. Now THAT would have been fun to watch.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas