Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Mark Richt handles Chuck Oliver, The Clown Fool of College Football Media

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Radio jock looking for a response to sensationalize and he got it.

Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Some people are willing to look like a fool for a buck. The rest of us have dignity.
Posted Image

DavidTD

DavidTD
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am watching college football final now and they are discussing this.  May thinks it was ok to ask Richt why he is 2-10 against ranked teams.  What does anyone asking that question expect him to say?  He will say they failed to execute or something of that nature.  Are you insinuating he is a lessor coach when you ask the question?  Insinuating the players are not as good?  That he got out coached?  Are they expecting him to say or agree with this?

May was a part of a great class at Pitt (39-8-1), why couldn't they beat ND?  How did they lose to FSU in 1980 when they could have played for it all with just one more win.  Instead finishing #2 behind Georgia.  Mark why was this class for Pitt, never able to win the big one when you needed it?  Why Mark?
Georgia Bulldogs

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What a dickhead.

mstaff

mstaff
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The question should have been "How does it feel to blow a 21-10 lead?" or "How does it feel to surrender the most yards rushing ever in a SEC title game?"

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good guy, good coach

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why didnt he just ask the question?

Coach why does it seem like you and Murray choke under pressure? Either ask the :lanekiffin:ing question or dont.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If y'all still want to fire Richt, we'll be glad to take him.

I laugh when people call Jimbo Fisher "Richt 2.0" as an insult because I've always seen tha as a compliment.

It's a legitimate question to ask, but that was absolutely not the time to ask it. I hate UGA, but you don't kick them after a game like that. Richt didn't take any crap but he wasn't a doucher either. Good response.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What an idiot
#9 Ole Miss Rebels: 9-3(5-3)
Laquon Treadwell@SuccessfulQuon
Injuries part of the game we love to play, god has a plan for everyone & with that plan come obstacles. Keep your faith & jump the hurdle!
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mark Richt is a class act.  UGA should consider itself blessed.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i thought richt handled that very well. i agree that was a shitty question to ask

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I in no way shape or form endorse or condone Chuck Oliver.  Aside from the insults thrown at him on this thread I don't understand any of this.  Where is all of this indignation and disgust coming from?  Many people have questioned Richt's ability to win the big game.  That has been going on for a few years now.  Many, many, many people have questioned Murray's ability to win the big game as well as his being the most overrated QB in the SEC and the NCAA.

Richt diverted the obvious question because he cannot answer it and made it out to be Oliver questioning effort.  Oliver DID NOT question Murray's effort or anyone's effort for that matter.  Oliver was actually saying "You coached your tail off and Murray played his tail off but it was not good enough.  Is the very best from Mark Richt and his quarterback just not good enough?"  Richt made it out to be this dick reporter calling out the effort of a college kid when it was never that at all.  It was a dick reporter who is homer for a rival saying that your best effort is not good enough.....and that dick reporter was right.

Everyone on here who is not a Georgia fan throwing out their love for the tough game that was played would have made me feel real good back in 01' or 02' but not now.  Now it just pisses me off because after 12 seasons we are still at a plateau that we cannot get over.  If you don't get that it is because you are a Kentucky fan and success for you is the Music City Bowl.  If you are a Georgia fan and you pull out this moral victory card then congratulations......you have accepted defeat and mediocrity.

I do not want to fire Richt or anything but how dare him show fained emotion over an obvious question.  Maybe if he showed a little emotion in other places he wouldn't have to fake outrage at a losers press conference.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 02 December 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

I in no way shape or form endorse or condone Chuck Oliver.  Aside from the insults thrown at him on this thread I don't understand any of this.  Where is all of this indignation and disgust coming from?  Many people have questioned Richt's ability to win the big game.  That has been going on for a few years now.  Many, many, many people have questioned Murray's ability to win the big game as well as his being the most overrated QB in the SEC and the NCAA.

Richt diverted the obvious question because he cannot answer it and made it out to be Oliver questioning effort.  Oliver DID NOT question Murray's effort or anyone's effort for that matter.  Oliver was actually saying "You coached your tail off and Murray played his tail off but it was not good enough.  Is the very best from Mark Richt and his quarterback just not good enough?"  Richt made it out to be this dick reporter calling out the effort of a college kid when it was never that at all.  It was a dick reporter who is homer for a rival saying that your best effort is not good enough.....and that dick reporter was right.

Everyone on here who is not a Georgia fan throwing out their love for the tough game that was played would have made me feel real good back in 01' or 02' but not now.  Now it just pisses me off because after 12 seasons we are still at a plateau that we cannot get over.  If you don't get that it is because you are a Kentucky fan and success for you is the Music City Bowl.  If you are a Georgia fan and you pull out this moral victory card then congratulations......you have accepted defeat and mediocrity.

I do not want to fire Richt or anything but how dare him show fained emotion over an obvious question.  Maybe if he showed a little emotion in other places he wouldn't have to fake outrage at a losers press conference.
Yeah, God forbid we respect him.
Last I saw this is a message board. Be kinda boring place if nobody had an opinion. You seriously need to root for someone else, man.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't expect CC to lay off Richt anytime soon. That's his shtick. It always has been, it always will be. Not really a Georgia fan as much as he is a Richt hater. He discovered a long time ago that the best way to garner attention to his blog was to prod the Georgia fan base collectively with his over the top antics, and it's done exactly as intended.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 02 December 2012 - 02:52 PM.

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 02 December 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Don't expect CC to lay off Richt anytime soon. That's his shtick. It always has been, it always will be. Not really a Georgia fan as much as he is a Richt hater. He discovered a long time ago that the best way to garner attention to his blog was to prod the Georgia fan base collectively with his over the top antics, and it's done exactly as intended.

If that's his "schtick", no wonder he's begging for views for his POS blog.

View PostCCRider, on 02 December 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Everyone on here who is not a Georgia fan throwing out their love for the tough game that was played would have made me feel real good back in 01' or 02' but not now. Now it just pisses me off because after 12 seasons we are still at a plateau that we cannot get over. If you don't get that it is because you are a Kentucky fan and success for you is the Music City Bowl. If you are a Georgia fan and you pull out this moral victory card then congratulations......you have accepted defeat and mediocrity.

I do not want to fire Richt or anything but how dare him show fained emotion over an obvious question. Maybe if he showed a little emotion in other places he wouldn't have to fake outrage at a losers press conference.

Plateau my ass.  We were 6-7 in 2010, losing to a C-USA team in the bowl.  New defensive coaching staff and a redshirt freshman QB.  In 2011, a 10-4 team that won the East despite getting blown out vs LSU who were stomped by Alabama for the NC a month later.  So far in 2012, we're 11-2 with losses only to two top ten conference teams, the last by 4 points with the ball on the Bama 5 when time expired.

This program is on the rise.  A deep and large recruiting class loaded with quality linemen will continue the trend.

For you to piss and moan about Richt like you do, then refusing to call for Richt's ouster........makes you look like the pussy that Oliver posed so well as last night.  Stand behind your convictions man........don't puss out like Chuckie did.

Both of you clowns next to exit the internet and find yourselves a damn warehouse job somewhere to vent your ill concluded frustrations..........

Edited by ECDawg, 02 December 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.