Razorbacks to play No. 5 Syracuse tonight - Arkansas News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Razorbacks to play No. 5 Syracuse tonight

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Razorbacks are set to play No. 5 Syracuse tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Bud Walton Arena.

Click here for the original story.

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
anyone else watching this game?

So ugly....

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
43-38 at half with Cuse leading...

Arkansas needs to make some improvements!

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh no,we suck again.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Missed out on that one last night.  Fell asleep old man style at like 7 on the couch.  Hogs look respectable at all?
Posted Image

eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

Gagging Order

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I thought we looked improved.  Our 3 point shooting was awful.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 01 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

I thought we looked improved.  Our 3 point shooting was awful.
Ya'll and Tennessee were the biggest mysteries to me at season's start.  A lot of potential.  Now I'm too busy worrying about our half-assed shenanigans to keep an eye on what ya'll are doing.
Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 01 December 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Ya'll and Tennessee were the biggest mysteries to me at season's start.  A lot of potential.  Now I'm too busy worrying about our half-assed shenanigans to keep an eye on what ya'll are doing.

It was weird to watch to be honest with you. I watched Ark play FLA&M, Wis, and Arizona St. Every one of those games they started fast and in Vegas with the last two, they let them come back in the second half. This game the Hogs fought well, feel behind early 30-15 but hung in there the whole time. Got the lead down to 2 at one point in the second half but a few things just didn't happen.

1. They looked like they weren't expecting 'Cuse to play that 2-3 zone for some reason. Like they had no idea how to penetrate against it.

2. No outside shooting was dropping, at all!

3. That freak career night for Sotherland from 'Cuse. Averaging 12 pts on the season and scores 35 or 38 or some crazy stat.

4. And they didn't really start pressing until the last 5 minutes of the first half and the last 8 minutes of the game. There would be flashes for a few plays at other times, but they wouldn't stick with it. It looked like Anderson was too worried that 'Cuse was athletic enough to break it at will. Once again, looked weird and I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't press for the whole 40 minutes.

I can say this much. If we play like that (shooting from the outside) and don't press against Michigan when we go up there, it is going to get ugly early.

They did show heart though. They never gave up.

Sorry about the Baylor game today. Tough break.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posthog_heaven, on 01 December 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

It was weird to watch to be honest with you. I watched Ark play FLA&M, Wis, and Arizona St. Every one of those games they started fast and in Vegas with the last two, they let them come back in the second half. This game the Hogs fought well, feel behind early 30-15 but hung in there the whole time. Got the lead down to 2 at one point in the second half but a few things just didn't happen.

1. They looked like they weren't expecting 'Cuse to play that 2-3 zone for some reason. Like they had no idea how to penetrate against it.

2. No outside shooting was dropping, at all!

3. That freak career night for Sotherland from 'Cuse. Averaging 12 pts on the season and scores 35 or 38 or some crazy stat.

4. And they didn't really start pressing until the last 5 minutes of the first half and the last 8 minutes of the game. There would be flashes for a few plays at other times, but they wouldn't stick with it. It looked like Anderson was too worried that 'Cuse was athletic enough to break it at will. Once again, looked weird and I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't press for the whole 40 minutes.

I can say this much. If we play like that (shooting from the outside) and don't press against Michigan when we go up there, it is going to get ugly early.

They did show heart though. They never gave up.

Sorry about the Baylor game today. Tough break.
I've watched some of Anderson while he was running Mizzou's show, but not much.  Does he like to press a lot?  What kind of D does he favor.  Honestly I don't think I watched you guys more than our game and maybe one other last year.
Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 01 December 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

I've watched some of Anderson while he was running Mizzou's show, but not much.  Does he like to press a lot?  What kind of D does he favor.  Honestly I don't think I watched you guys more than our game and maybe one other last year.

He pretty much runs the same system that Richardson did. He just calls it "The fastest 40 minutes of basketball" instead of "40 Minutes of Hell". But he seems to prefer man to man, runs a little 2-3 zone but haven't seen much of it or any other type of zone. Against ASU and Wis, he was pressing a lot more than against 'Cuse IMO. Against Florida A&M they really didn't press in the second half but they were up by 20 something so it seemed like he laid off the gas, so to speak.