Kentucky basketball fans - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Kentucky basketball fans

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You got shamrocked

STFU
Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hate that it was Notre Dame

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It was a bad loss which is never good.  However ND is 45-0 when under Bray in the month of november and ND has ALWAYS been stout at home against the top teams.  History agrees with this.

While UK didn't play well, its like this wasn't a hostile environment.  Vegas even thought UK was an underdog going into this as they listed ND as a 1-2 point favorite as the opening line.
Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 30 November 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

It was a bad loss which is never good.  However ND is 45-0 when under Bray in the month of november and ND has ALWAYS been stout at home against the top teams.  History agrees with this.

While UK didn't play well, its like this wasn't a hostile environment.  Vegas even thought UK was an underdog going into this as they listed ND as a 1-2 point favorite as the opening line.

45-0 is a crazy stat, but still, I thought kentucky would win the game

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 30 November 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

45-0 is a crazy stat, but still, I thought kentucky would win the game

Thats why Vegas knows and we don't.  I haven't been sold on this team all year so I didn't know what to expect in this game considering it was our first true "road test" and to be honest it doesn't surprise me we lost.  What did surprise me was the effort level by some of the players.
Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 30 November 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

Thats why Vegas knows and we don't.  I haven't been sold on this team all year so I didn't know what to expect in this game considering it was our first true "road test" and to be honest it doesn't surprise me we lost.  What did surprise me was the effort level by some of the players.

That Noel guy is really good though, haven't watched basketball enough this season to be able to judge any full teams yet though

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 30 November 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

That Noel guy is really good though, haven't watched basketball enough this season to be able to judge any full teams yet though

His offensive game still needs considerable work and his defense hasn't been what its been touted to be.  He is comfortable on his left hand but not his right.  He doesn't switch well or give good help defense and allows easy baskets at times.  He is also weak when it comes to rebounding.  He isn't bad by any means but he isn't the player that many expected him to be.  He is more of an "advanced project" who won't hurt you that much if you play him but needs considerable work in many areas.

Kentucky will be fine this year.  We'll still make the NCAA Tournament with a decent seed and we may be a much more polished product by the years end.  At this point we still have a lot of work to do.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 30 November 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

Are you sure that ND is 45-0 in the month of Novembet? Mizzou beat them last year on November 21. Was Bray missing or something?

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 02 December 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Are you sure that ND is 45-0 in the month of Novembet? Mizzou beat them last year on November 21. Was Bray missing or something?

Just checked the schedule from last year.  You beat them at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.  The 45-0 record I was referring to was Bray's record at home during the month of November as the Notre Dame coach.  His record there also against ranked opponents (especially top 10) is really good as well....

Here is a link to the game you are specifically referencing: http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=313250087
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 02 December 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Just checked the schedule from last year.  You beat them at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.  The 45-0 record I was referring to was Bray's record at home during the month of November as the Notre Dame coach.  His record there also against ranked opponents (especially top 10) is really good as well....

Here is a link to the game you are specifically referencing: http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=313250087
I knew that we beat them at the Sprint Center I just didn't know that you were talking about at home.

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 02 December 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

I knew that we beat them at the Sprint Center I just didn't know that you were talking about at home.

If thats the case thats my bad.  My mind was a little elsewhere that day :lol:
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Typical Tennessee trash.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Championship #9.....is far!
Posted Image

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
^But better than Tennessee's chances.
Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 02 December 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

If thats the case thats my bad.  My mind was a little elsewhere that day :lol:

Don't worry about it. That is just the Mizzou fans. As I learned during football season (and basketball seems to be on the same path) they will start out talking a lot of trash and correcting you, letting you know what they have done in the past and informing you how they are going to dominate.... then they start making excuses. (I expect basketball season to be even worse, considering they are expected to be good)