SI: Mock Selection Committee picks 4 team playoff for this season - Page 5 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 5

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

SI: Mock Selection Committee picks 4 team playoff for this season

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 30 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Who's a better team South Carolina or Georgia?

Who's a better team Florida or Georgia?

Answer those two questions and give me reasons why.

Better team right now?

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 30 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Better team right now?

Yes.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 30 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Yes.

South Carolina is a great team who really whooped Georgia. No disputing that.  However with Lattimore going down and Shaw beign banged up.  I dont think USC is the same team that faced Georgia in week 6.  If USC was just as healthy as they were then id go USC all day.  But with the turn of events since that game and the way Georgia has been playing i have to give them the nod. USC played fantastic against Georiga, by far their best game of the season. But since they havent played so well.  Georgia has since regrouped and beat #3 UF pretty convincingly.  So right now i think UGA is the better team

UF had a great first half of the season but since the UGA vs UF game they havent looked so hot. Struggling against UL-L and Mizzou ( both the easily could have lost )  Their defense is very good and has kept them in games they should have lost big but the offense is very one dimensional.  If Driskel has to throw to win...hes screwed.  Since that game in Jax Georgia's D has been playing much better, flying around the field, causing turnovers, and really coming together as a unit.  Murray has 13 TDs / 0 INTs for November.  UGA as a whole is hot right now. And UGA beat UF on a neutral field without giving up a TD.

3 great team no doubt but you asked about the "here and now" so Georgia gets the nod

PS. This simply my opinion since my opinion is exactly what was asked for.

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 30 November 2012 - 09:33 AM.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 30 November 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

South Carolina is a great team who really whooped Georgia. No disputing that.  However with Lattimore going down and Shaw beign banged up.  I dont think USC is the same team that faced Georgia in week 6.  If USC was just as healthy as they were then id go USC all day.  But with the turn of events since that game and the way Georgia has been playing i have to give them the nod. USC played fantastic against Georiga, by far their best game of the season. But since they havent played so well.  Georgia has since regrouped and beat #3 UF pretty convincingly.  So right now i think UGA is the better team

UF had a great first half of the season but since the UGA vs UF game they havent looked so hot. Struggling against UL-L and Mizzou ( both the easily could have lost )  Their defense is very good and has kept them in games they should have lost big but the offense is very one dimensional.  If Driskel has to throw to win...hes screwed.  Since that game in Jax Georgia's D has been playing much better, flying around the field, causing turnovers, and really coming together as a unit.  Murray has 13 TDs / 0 INTs for November.  UGA as a whole is hot right now. And UGA beat UF on a neutral field without giving up a TD.

3 great team no doubt but you asked about the "here and now" so Georgia gets the nod

PS. This simply my opinion since my opinion is exactly what was asked for.

You gave fair opinions on your assessment, therefore I do not have a problem with this.  I just think it's funny when somebody thinks that UGA is better than UF just because they beat them a month ago.  If those teams play 10 times it might end up 5-5.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 30 November 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

You gave fair opinions on your assessment, therefore I do not have a problem with this.  I just think it's funny when somebody thinks that UGA is better than UF just because they beat them a month ago.  If those teams play 10 times it might end up 5-5.

UF has the O and D-lines to win any game as long as they do not turn the ball over - excessively.  Push around back and forth, win ugly.  I like it.

Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why is it that so many Georgia fans like to point to the fact that UGA beat UF as proof that they are the better team, but ignore the ass whooping handed to them by USC... a team which UF later destroyed?
Posted Image