Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Arkansas Offers Mike Bobo Head Coaching Position!

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrazorhead, on 29 November 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Maybe because aside from Les Miles he is the most underappreciated coach by his fan base in the SEC, if not the nation.

He's underappreciated because there have been 6 National Titles won by SEC schools in the 12 years he's been there and none of them belong to him.

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrazorhead, on 29 November 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Maybe because aside from Les Miles he is the most underappreciated coach by his fan base in the SEC, if not the nation.
your right. But there is a reason for the madness. See my quote to Hob above. I think that is why he appears to be un appreciated. But in reality he is not. He has lifted our program. Just not to NC status & that drives UGA fans crazy. The NC dream ;is like a drug craving the fans can not control.

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 29 November 2012 - 02:44 PM.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 29 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

He's underappreciated because there have been 6 National Titles won by SEC schools in the 12 years he's been there and none of them belong to him.

Four of them belong to two coaches, and of the other two coaches that won the other two, one was just fired and their team went winless in the SEC. By the way, there's only two coaches left in the SEC that have a crystal ba

Richt's led his team to the SEC championship game five years in the last 12. Nobody else can say that. You can't knock a guy who consistently puts his team in place to win championships. Has he won it all? No. But he wouldn't be the first great head coach that just didn't have luck go his way for a long time and then finally reached the promised land.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

Four of them belong to two coaches, and of the other two coaches that won the other two, one was just fired and their team went winless in the SEC. By the way, there's only two coaches left in the SEC that have a crystal ba

Richt's led his team to the SEC championship game five years in the last 12. Nobody else can say that. You can't knock a guy who consistently puts his team in place to win championships. Has he won it all? No. But he wouldn't be the first great head coach that just didn't have luck go his way for a long time and then finally reached the promised land.

It took Dooley quite a while and even the Bear went through a string of rough years before his great NC streak.
Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Haha this thread would've been funnier if the title said nothing and it didn't exist whatsoever.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

I don't care either way.
Just commenting on why he is underappreciated.
It's because UGA fans are watching their peers have instant  and greater success than they have had in 30 years.

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It is not just that he hasn't won a NC- UGA is the only SEC champion in Richt's era that has not won the NC.  
It is the fact that some of us have come to terms with the fact kids like Rambo are not going to be US Congressmen anytime soon.  So milk the kid for three to four years and send him to the NFL.  Stop with the extra rules and just play the kids.  If they rape or kill someone then sure but weed......come on.  What is Bama's drug policy?  
Also, win or lose Saturday Richt is at UGA until he decides to go be a missionary.
Also-also on Dooley it did take him a long time and but for getting the greatest of all time he still wouldn't have a NT.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Heard they have offered Eric Mangini O_o
Posted Image

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, on the Dooley/Bear comment this ain't 1976!  Things are different now.  The days of a coach lasting 25 years is over.  (Would have quoted but posting from my phone and I didn't have the option, sorry)
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 29 November 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Also, on the Dooley/Bear comment this ain't 1976!  Things are different now.  The days of a coach lasting 25 years is over.  (Would have quoted but posting from my phone and I didn't have the option, sorry)

Bill Snyder has been at Kansas State for 23 years.  Mack Brown has been at Texas for 15 years. Bob Stoops has been at Oklahoma for 14 years. Ditto for Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. Richt has been at UGA for 12.

Nothing is different. Good coaches stay at good programs. EVERY coach didn't stay at their schools for 25 years, just the good ones. Just because some of our in conference rivals have decided to change coaches as often as some people change underwear doesn't make it a good thing.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 29 November 2012 - 06:46 PM.

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Bill Snyder has been at Kansas State for 23 years.  Mack Brown has been at Texas for 15 years. Bob Stoops has been at Oklahoma for 14 years. Ditto for Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. Richt has been at UGA for 12.

Nothing is different. Good coaches stay at good programs. EVERY coach didn't stay at their schools for 25 years, just the good ones. Just because some of our in conference rivals have decided to change coaches as often as some people change underwear doesn't make it a good thing.

Well out of about 117 schools you came up with a handful of counters to my argument.  It just is not the norm.  Now let me say this......if he gets a NT this year everyone will back off of him.  There is not a pro-Richt and Anti-Rict divide. There is a Richt-O-Phile vs win at all cost divide.  The latter will be appeased with 2 more wins and we will have peace because the former are members of a thuggie cult of personality.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 29 November 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Well out of about 117 schools you came up with a handful of counters to my argument.  It just is not the norm.  Now let me say this......if he gets a NT this year everyone will back off of him.  There is not a pro-Richt and Anti-Rict divide. There is a Richt-O-Phile vs win at all cost divide.  The latter will be appeased with 2 more wins and we will have peace because the former are members of a thuggie cult of personality.

Well out of 117 schools there's about 100 that aren't all that great.

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Well out of 117 schools there's about 100 that aren't all that great.

True, but there are about 3 to 5 great programs and about 10 that are always the bridesmaids and never the bride......I'm tired of being one of those programs.
Posted Image.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCCRider, on 29 November 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

True, but there are about 3 to 5 great programs and about 10 that are always the bridesmaids and never the bride......I'm tired of being one of those programs.

We're closer right now than 90% of programs ever get. We're one win away. I'm sorry if I can't share your pessimism given where we stand right now.

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

We're closer right now than 90% of programs ever get. We're one win away. I'm sorry if I can't share your pessimism given where we stand right now.

I actually think we have a good chance to win.  I am just saying why not all Georgia fans worship at the Richt alter.
Posted Image.

Posted Image