Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Arkansas Offers Mike Bobo Head Coaching Position!

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostChainsaw Massaquoi, on 28 November 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

His development of QBs is beyond reproach.  However, that's the job of a QB coach. His primary duties are offensive preparation and execution.  Both things he's terrible at.

Our offensive numbers during his tenure say differently.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bobo is an enigma. He puts up fantastic numbers almost year season, but he has terrible games here and there. He'll go an entire game with awful play calling at least once a season. He'll shy away from something that works at random. For instance, we had like three toss sweep plays vs. South Carolina with Gurley and we gained like 6-10 yards each time and he didn't abuse it. He could have taken pressure off of Murray to open up the passing game if he did a few toss sweeps every drive that game. oh well.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 28 November 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 28 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Bobo is an enigma. He puts up fantastic numbers almost year season, but he has terrible games here and there. He'll go an entire game with awful play calling at least once a season. He'll shy away from something that works at random. For instance, we had like three toss sweep plays vs. South Carolina with Gurley and we gained like 6-10 yards each time and he didn't abuse it. He could have taken pressure off of Murray to open up the passing game if he did a few toss sweeps every drive that game. oh well.

^ my thoughts exactly.... him AND Richt are both mysteries wrapped in an enigma to me

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Have ya'll heard the speculation of fsu offering Richt a HC job?

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
im crossing my fingers with this, lol...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 29 November 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Have ya'll heard the speculation of fsu offering Richt a HC job?

Just about every year

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
  • IMO Arkansas royally screwed the pooch by not selecting a HC right away after Petrino was fired.  Maybe nobody decent would take the job considering the timing, but now there are a plethora of open positions available.

Posted Image

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Being a successful assistant is not a sure fire formula to become a successful head coach. I had rather have a proven head coach.

Edited by uscrules, 29 November 2012 - 09:11 AM.

rwspear

rwspear

game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 29 November 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

• IMO Arkansas royally screwed the pooch by not selecting a HC right away after Petrino was fired.  Maybe nobody decent would take the job considering the timing, but now there are a plethora of open positions available.

yeah bc all we had to do was go down to the HC store and pick one out right

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrwspear, on 29 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

yeah bc all we had to do was go down to the HC store and pick one out right

Yea, I really didn't mean it the way it came out, but knowing the challenge that Chizik faced thinking Richt's seat was heating up, the situation at UK and UT interviewing and getting the right guy in ASAP seemed crucial to me.  I thought that the JL Smith move would work a lot better than it did though.  I expected a few let down games, but an 8 win season.  I think it hurt the program under Smith + the guy turned out to be a freak.  Arkansas deserved better than that.

I do think now that these schools are not in near as much competition for top hires because each school will want a guy that is a little bit different than the others.

Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Just about every year
Yeah, I knew they had offered him before hiring J Fisher..

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrwspear, on 28 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

this would only be true if mike bobo was the head coach at vandy and his name was james franklin

I see what you did there

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 29 November 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Yeah, I knew they had offered him before hiring J Fisher..

I just meant that the rumors about Richt to FSU surface just about every year. For some reason people have this notion that he would leave Georgia for Florida State, because he was an assistant there. He's not an FSU alum, he went to and played QB at Miami. But he's stated over and over again that he's never leaving Georgia, he moved his whole family up to Athens and he's pretty well dug in.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 29 November 2012 - 02:31 PM.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe because aside from Les Miles he is the most underappreciated coach by his fan base in the SEC, if not the nation.

Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 29 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

I just meant that the rumors about Richt to FSU surface just about every year. For some reason people have this notion that he would leave Georgia for Florida State, because he was an assistant there. He's not an FSU alum, he went to and played QB at Miami. But he's stated over and over again that he's never leaving Georgia, he moved his whole family up to Athens and he's pretty well dug in.
Yeah I agree, I think he is well satisfied with his current set up. And if he was to win NC. He pretty much be set for life. Because once the UGA fans finally get the NC that they have been after for YEARS ! They will quit being so fickle. People often wonder why some UGA fans love him one week & hate him the next. It is their desire for the NC that drives that.