Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UPS and FedEx Deliverys

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 28 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

I will say though that the UPS and Fed Ex delivery driver that runs my house usually will put the package in the bushes by the door. They usually make an effort to not just put it out in plain site.

x2  They put mine behind a pot on the porch.  I work 1mi from a UPS shipping center in Montgomery and most everything I get could be picked up from there on my lunch break faster and just as easy as getting it on my front porch.  When I lived in Mgry my address was out of numerical order (I know WTF) and it was easier to just pick things up there.

I ordered something the other day and selected the cheaper mail option.  It shipped UPS but then when It got to Opelika it got put in the mail.  Weird.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

dawgbit

dawgbit

"Liberty isn't a loophole."--nova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 29 November 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

They still have to abide by DOT regulations regardless if you work a company or are an individual co tractor
Won't disagree and won't argue further except to say I personally know delivery men working 14-16-18 hour days right now. Don't really care what their logs say they work, it'll be that way until after the first of the year.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdawgbit, on 29 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Won't disagree and won't argue further except to say I personally know delivery men working 14-16-18 hour days right now. Don't really care what their logs say they work, it'll be that way until after the first of the year.

yep, its true with bread companies, potato chip companies and most anything. they sell the routes and those who run them have to keep the customer satisfied or lose the route. that usually means longer and never really off hours.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdawgbit, on 29 November 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Don't let em get caught. That's a hefty fine. 25k if I remember correctly
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Girl at work who's husband got his year end bonus check was shipped FEDEX overnite envelope was put under their front door mat. It was clearly marked with an Orange Sticker sig. required. and they left a sticky on the door that said "delivery under door mat". They went online to package tracking and it says "Left under front door mat" in the comments. They were just happy they got it at all.

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is why I generally just have everything delivered to my office.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Check this shiz out. UPS holiday driver stealing an I pad that FED EX had just delivered.
http://gawker.com/59...-a-fedex-driver

Neighbors 6 month supply of contact lenses is missing. Shows to have been on the truck for delivery for 3 days. Found out when she called asking any of the neighbors if they had them. LOL.

Merry Christmas