Pinkel out at Mizzou? - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics


Latest News


Top High Fived

Top Bettors


Pinkel out at Mizzou?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#16
Hoganknows

Hoganknows

    Anchordown 41-18 14-10

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,414
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,073

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 26 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:



Losing to Vandy at home should make you reevaluate some life choices...


regular happening for SEC schools these days- get use to it:)
Posted Image Twitter @Hoganknows


Posted Image

#17
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,580
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,135
This might just be the new norm around Mizzou football. Losing instead of winning. Widely thought around these parts last year that A&M would be fine in the SEC and Missouri would check their football into the Witness Protection Program. Only time will tell.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

#18
chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,557
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,311

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 26 November 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

This might just be the new norm around Mizzou football. Losing instead of winning. Widely thought around these parts last year that A&M would be fine in the SEC and Missouri would check their football into the Witness Protection Program. Only time will tell.

You bite your whorish tongue!
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

#19
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,580
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,135

View Postchunkybeefstu, on 26 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:



You bite your whorish tongue!

Haha. You Missouri guys are alright.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

#20
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,261
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,689

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 26 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Haha. You Missouri guys are alright.
Remember that time when we beat you guys in 2010. That was about the only time we beat you and I was just wondering if you remembered the fact that we have beat you once.
Posted Image

#21
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,441
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,449

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 26 November 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Remember that time when we beat you guys in 2010. That was about the only time we beat you and I was just wondering if you remembered the fact that we have beat you once.

Nah bro occasionally we won at women's polo and synchronized swimming too and don't forget cross country... We're beast.
2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#22
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,261
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,689

View PostMizzouMark, on 26 November 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Nah bro occasionally we won at women's polo and synchronized swimming too and don't forget cross country... We're beast.
What about golf?
Posted Image

#23
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,441
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,449

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 26 November 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

What about golf?

Damn forgot about that ish
2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#24
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,580
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,135

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 26 November 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:


Remember that time when we beat you guys in 2010. That was about the only time we beat you and I was just wondering if you remembered the fact that we have beat you once.

I remember 1998 also. That was a bad OU team. The previous time before that was like 1983, I wasn't alive yet.
TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

#25
chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,557
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,311

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 26 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:



I remember 1998 also. That was a bad OU team. The previous time before that was like 1983, I wasn't alive yet.

We didn't beat you guys that often. We cling to what we have. That's why Pinkel leaving would be bad at this point. We didn't win much before he showed up and I, for one, have gotten accustomed to seeing more wins than losses. I have faith in him at least getting us back to that, even in the SEC. I hope he sticks around and I hope I'm right about him.
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

#26
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,441
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,449

View PostPorcine, on 26 November 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:


25 wins y'all we're the :lanekiffin:ing shit.... good god the 80s and 90s were painful.... you almost forget how pathetic we were before Pinkel

Edited by MizzouMark, 26 November 2012 - 10:42 PM.

2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#27
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,407
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    344

View Postrwspear, on 26 November 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

hey mizzou, go get james franklin...

"james franklin is angry at james franklin bc james franklin doesnt listen to james franklin well enough. franklin just doesnt know how to run franklins offense, but luckily for franklin, james franklin has plenty to learn from james franklin."

now thats funny!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#28
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,441
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,449
Pinkel announced in the season wrap up conference this morning he planned to stay at Mizzou as long as he can, he said that "he was charged with building this program from basically the ground up and he wants to see it through, as long as he is physically capable of doing so" ... Tacked on that "he loves being at Mizzou" and I tend to believe him... seeing as how he has turned down a chance to go to more prominent programs like Michigan in order to finish out his career at mizzou.

He seems confident next year will be a lot different and that we will be back on the right path... He said 5 games this season came down to the final drive and that he's never had a season like that before and that a lot of things just didn't go our way and he's going to make sure that it doesn't happen again. However he will not be firing or changing any of his staff so that may end up being a sword that he's falling on for loyalty's sake if next year isn't at least an 8 win season.

Edited by MizzouMark, 27 November 2012 - 03:30 PM.

2013 SEC EAST CHAMPS.... M-I-Z!!!!

Posted Image

#29
ElephanTideis

ElephanTideis
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,249
  • Joined:
    Sep 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,141
I don't think Mizzou or Pinkel need to do anything rash like firing someone yet.

#30
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,108
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    11,372

View PostMizzouMark, on 27 November 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Pinkel announced in the season wrap up conference this morning he planned to stay at Mizzou as long as he can, he said that "he was charged with building this program from basically the ground up and he wants to see it through, as long as he is physically capable of doing so" ... Tacked on that "he loves being at Mizzou" and I tend to believe him... seeing as how he has turned down a chance to go to more prominent programs like Michigan in order to finish out his career at mizzou.

He seems confident next year will be a lot different and that we will be back on the right path... He said 5 games this season came down to the final drive and that he's never had a season like that before and that a lot of things just didn't go our way and he's going to make sure that it doesn't happen again. However he will not be firing or changing any of his staff so that may end up being a sword that he's falling on for loyalty's sake if next year isn't at least an 8 win season.

Didn't you guys have some pretty hellacious injuries very early on too?

The Syracuse loss is the only one that should really be considered unacceptable.