Should Pinkel be done? - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Should Pinkel be done?

- - - - - Missouri Tigers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,306
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,710
There are a lot of Mizzou fans who think that Pinkel should be fired and others who think that he will resign. Many Mizzou fans think that Pinkel is burnt out after the move to the SEC and all of his personal issues. I think that Pinkel deserves more time after all that he has done for the program. He has made the team relevant and got us into the SEC. This year was a disappointing year but part of that was due to injuries. Should he stay or should he go?
Posted Image

#2
nojive

nojive

    dem da gatas

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,864
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    313
I've been loosely following Mizzou like I do many programs for the past several years, and as far as I can tell, you guys never win big games. You always have decent-to-good seasons, but you can never beat the big names.

And this season was actually worse than that, if you ask me, because not only did you lose every big game, but you also lost some stupid ones, not to mention barely winning the ones you did win. Doubt he's going to get fired this season, but he probably will next time.

ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE DEM DA GATAS DON'T TAKE NO JIVE


#3
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,306
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,710

View Postnojive, on 25 November 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

I've been loosely following Mizzou like I do many programs for the past several years, and as far as I can tell, you guys never win big games. You always have decent-to-good seasons, but you can never beat the big names.

And this season was actually worse than that, if you ask me, because not only did you lose every big game, but you also lost some stupid ones, not to mention barely winning the ones you did win. Doubt he's going to get fired this season, but he probably will next time.
Pinkel has struggled to win big games. With Mizzou Pikel has gone 8-24 against ranked opponents. Under Pinkel we are 90-61 which is really good for where we were before he came.
Posted Image

#4
The Doctor

The Doctor

    Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,571
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,190
I don't know. I think ya'll should give him another year at least. It's not easy to jump into the SEC and ya'll had the luck to play in a particularly up East year.

#5
nojive

nojive

    dem da gatas

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    1,864
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    313

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 25 November 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Pinkel has struggled to win big games. With Mizzou Pikel has gone 8-24 against ranked opponents. Under Pinkel we are 90-61 which is really good for where we were before he came.
Even if he's taken the program in the right direction, I think you're going to need someone new to cross the line between "good season" and "perfect season." Kind of like how Brian Kelly has unbelievably taken ND to the national championship using a lot of players he didn't even recruit.

ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE DEM DA GATAS DON'T TAKE NO JIVE


#6
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,306
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,710

View Postnojive, on 25 November 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

Even if he's taken the program in the right direction, I think you're going to need someone new to cross the line between "good season" and "perfect season." Kind of like how Brian Kelly has unbelievably taken ND to the national championship using a lot of players he didn't even recruit.
I think that we are capable of having a perfect season under Pinkel. We do need to get rid of Yost and maybe Steckel. If Pinkel does not make changes to his staff in the next year, he needs to go.
Posted Image

#7
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,727
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
Gotta give it another year. Can't make a judgment on your inaugural season here. Texas A&M wasn't supposed to have the kind of success they had. They just benefited from catching a lot of teams off guard with the new scheme Sumlin brought with him. Plus that Manziel cat is OK.

#8
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,822
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,306
mizzou isnt going to get anyone better than pinkel. they need to keep him.
Posted Image

#9
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,592
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,713
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet.Recruiting may be helped by the conference move and the guy has had some good seasons.Support the guy and see what he can do in a couple of years,if he sucks, THEN kick him to the curb.

#10
SECats

SECats

    Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,627
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,474
Is this really up for debate?  Hell, we'll take him.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

#11
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,592
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,713

View PostGidnik, on 25 November 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

mizzou isnt going to get anyone better than pinkel. they need to keep him.


What's texas' excuse?

















:trollface: :lol:

#12
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,306
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,710

View PostSECats, on 25 November 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Is this really up for debate?  Hell, we'll take him.
You can't have him yet but you guys are welcome to take your pick between Yost or Steckel or both.
Posted Image

#13
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,822
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,306

View PostL.A.Hog, on 25 November 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

What's texas' excuse?

















:trollface: :lol:
giving someone some time after a nc and a nca in 4  year span ;)
Posted Image

#14
chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,583
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,338
Give the guy another year. I doubt that Alden is even thinking about getting rid of him. I hope not. He recruits well for our systems, even if we rarely get the big name recruits. I think that he will have us back to about 8 wins a year in a few years and then the administration can decide how long they want to compete for 2nd in the East as opposed to 1st.
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

#15
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,592
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,713

View PostGidnik, on 25 November 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

giving someone some time after a nc and a nca in 4  year span ;)

Oh I see,I guess Auburn is being a little hasty by firing Chizik then.Mack is lucky to be working for a patient fan base.My hat's off to ya'll. B)