Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

chiz fired?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBastoneWarEagle, on 25 November 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I actually think he is a choice they need to consider based on his reputation as an offensive line coach/offensive coordinator. Especially based on the history he has with the AU football program!

Petrino,  Jimbo Fisher, Gus Malzhan, and a hand full of other guys have history with AU football. Why is he better than they are?

I think you believe Pat Dye has more influence then he actually has

Either way Kirby smart is being backed by Dye

Edited by AUskip07, 25 November 2012 - 03:37 PM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 25 November 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

LOL, are you for real?

Yes, please start the Neil Callaway for OC talk...bring more mediocrity to the rivalry. I'm being sarcastic as hell, because this last week was pitiful. I appreciate you joining up and sharing your opinion, but don't act like it's the ultimate one right off the bat. You won't last too long with that.

I'm not acting like he is the ultimate one? I'm mentioning his name for consideration. I know there are other good choices for the job but I think he should most definitely be considered based on, like I said before, the facts.

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 25 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Petrino,  Jimbo Fisher, Gus Malzhan, and a hand full of other guys have history with AU football.    Why is he better than they are?

Look up their records and the amount of time they invested at AU. Callaways record surpasses theirs.

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBastoneWarEagle, on 25 November 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Look up their records and the amount of time they invested at AU. Callaways record surpasses theirs.

dude has a 18-42 record with UAB.

Edited by AUskip07, 25 November 2012 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBastoneWarEagle, on 25 November 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Fidy8 as I said before.... Know the facts before you post. U obviously DON'T "love you some AU" since you seem to know nothing about AU's football history and the coaches that represent it. Maybe you jumped on the bandwagon after the natl champ? Hmmm... For that I can't blame you. But how about looking into the facts before "jumping on the bandwagon" yet again in college football coaching talk.

Fidy8

BastoneWarEagle

It's sad that you accuse Fidy of jumping on the bandwagon after the national championship (which occurred in 2010) despite him joining the site in 2008, unless you are also accusing him of precognition, whereas your dumb ass jumped on the bandwagon during this abortion of a season.

Actually, that's not sad. That's hilarious. Is this the You Raff Your Ruse thread? Did I seriously have a brain fart?

Go away. Oh, and welcome, post often, all that jazz. But more importantly, go away.

Edited by WadeWilson, 25 November 2012 - 03:43 PM.

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pat Dye may be considering or "backing" smart for the HC job but who's to say Smart wouldn't hire Callaway as his OC or offensive position coach? They coached together at Georgia.... And I never said anything about Pat Dyes influence.... It's not about influence. It's about who's best for the job.

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 25 November 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

dude has a 18-42 record with UAB.
And so does every other coach that has every attempted to pull that program together. Including ol big wig Garrick McGee. That isn't a coaching problem over there it's the university's board of trustees not giving the funds needed to jump start the program not to mention you have to be a brain surgeon to even get in pretty much and let's be honest.... The majority of Football players aren't the brightest of university athletics.

Edited by BastoneWarEagle, 25 November 2012 - 03:49 PM.

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 25 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Fidy8

BastoneWarEagle

It's sad that you accuse Fidy of jumping on the bandwagon after the national championship (which occurred in 2010) despite him joining the site in 2008, unless you are also accusing him of precognition, whereas your dumb ass jumped on the bandwagon during this abortion of a season.

Actually, that's not sad. That's hilarious. Is this the You Raff Your Ruse thread? Did I seriously have a brain fart?

Go away. Oh, and welcome, post often, all that jazz. But more importantly, go away.

I'm sorry ... Am I being attacked for stating the facts? If u go back you will see that your friend fidy told me to "gtfo" so I responded by simply letting him know that he needed to understand facts before jumping on me about voicing my opinion about a position hire. This is why college football fans have a bad rap as far as never knowing what the facts are. If he wouldve actually backed up his response instead of just telling me to "gtfo" then I would've accepted that he tried to understand my vote for Neil Callaway as OC/offensive line coach. But instead he came at  with a low blow, ignorant, narrow-minded "gtfo" comment.   Oh and also, I just joined the forum because I just heard about it. Just Ike you probably joined in 2011 because you came acrossed it. I'm sorry I'm not a part of every sports forum there is out there.... But I have been a part of other forums for many years.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBastoneWarEagle, on 25 November 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm sorry ... Am I being attacked for stating the facts? If u go back you will see that your friend fidy told me to "gtfo" so I responded by simply letting him know that he needed to understand facts before jumping on me about voicing my opinion about a position hire. This is why college football fans have a bad rap as far as never knowing what the facts are. If he wouldve actually backed up his response instead of just telling me to "gtfo" then I would've accepted that he tried to understand my vote for Neil Callaway as OC/offensive line coach. But instead he came at  with a low blow, ignorant, narrow-minded "gtfo" comment.   Oh and also, I just joined the forum because I just heard about it. Just Ike you probably joined in 2011 because you came acrossed it. I'm sorry I'm not a part of every sports forum there is out there.... But I have been a part of other forums for many years.

My GTFO comment was aimed at you because I thought you were trolling. I didn't really think anyone would seriously want him to be our OC. Stats and records have already been posted. None of the coaches in our coaching search is going to consider hiring him. Can we please now move on to talking about stuff that might actually happen.

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBastoneWarEagle, on 25 November 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

You're being attacked because you called a member who was here years before the national championship season a bandwagon fan. I honest to god do not know how I could have made that point any clearer.

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 25 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

My GTFO comment was aimed at you because I thought you were trolling. I didn't really think anyone would seriously want him to be our OC. Stats and records have already been posted. None of the coaches in our coaching search is going to consider hiring him. Can we please now move on to talking about stuff that might actually happen.

You're a fool to think that any "stats and records" posted the day a HC is fired are final.  Have you not yet learned that college football is unpredictable?

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i finally gave my pledge money to Auburn  since they let chizik go

Posted Image

BastoneWarEagle

BastoneWarEagle
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
One of the members on the hiring committee was coached by Callaway at Auburn when he was awarded the Heisman trophy and named an All-American player.  Does the name Bo Jackson ring a bell?

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBastoneWarEagle, on 25 November 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

You're a fool to think that any "stats and records" posted the day a HC is fired are final.  Have you not yet learned that college football is unpredictable?

What the hell does this even mean? Don't worry, I'll leave you to your mindless BS.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
as far as chizik goes, it couldnt have happened to a bigger douche, lol...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)